• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

So it's safe to start on the TE Story once you've scouted the first provinces and gotten past the CE CMap and get some TE units (without changing the Future Era Story in any way)?

Two questions on that:
When we are progressing through the CE CMap, can we not complete any side quests or recurring quests (to not risk starting the CE Story)?
When can we get the CE units from side quests later?

Thanks if you can reply
I'm assuming you're talking about getting hovers in InA. If you are, then completing any side or recurring quests while on the CE map will start the CE story, but not the entire thing. You won't be able to get CE units in InA.

hippobuttamus

To get the EMA troops, the questline requires the player to research 1-2 technologies, so reserve some for this questline. Two technologies are needed if the player has not yet unlocked Military Tactics and therefore can not do PvP fights (one quest requires plundering buildings or researching a technology). Note that this questline will not take over an RQ slot, so it can be completed at the player's leisure.
ok, in bronze age i had 4 unresearched technologies. but i was unable to advance the story line because the quest said "research a military building".
and i had researched al the military buildings.

this is what i'm talking about, this is info ppl need.

ant..

ok, in bronze age i had 4 unresearched technologies. but i was unable to advance the story line because the quest said "research a military building".

What part of "leave as many techs as possible" do you not understand?

UBERhelp1

In bronze age. I assume the quest you're talking about is "Knowledge is Power" which is at the very beginning of the IA questline? As ant mentioned above, why did you rush through the BA tech tree to its very end when I say to leave as many techs as possible? You're going to have to move up to IA to continue the questline.

KeenWise

Hi @UBERhelp1 -- thank you so much for creating this thread! A guildie of mine referred me here when I told him I wanted Hovers in Indy. I think starting here with Part 6 would allow that, right?

However, I admit, I am afraid of getting lost when it comes to what to do when. Rather than ask you to write me a special Bronze to Indy Hovers guide (though I would probably name this primordial Hover city in your honor if you did), I have cut and paste instructions and highlighted below to try and show what I think I should do. :) Could you please approve/correct my course as I have understood it? (And I have started this grail-expedition (where grail=hover, and expedition is a synonym for the word quest which would have been very confusing) on a Bronze age world. So I do not think I have screwed up... yet...)

All you have to do to see this rabbit hole is click the Red Pill spoiler.

With much thanks and a good deal of hope.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for clicking the Red Pill. Because Part 6 calls out Parts 3-5, and I wanted to make one post that let a person jump to the referenced Part and back -- as well as ask questions in those Parts -- I have nested these annotated parts here as Spoilers. Please open and hide them as necessary. (Edit: If you do not see "Click to Expand" below, what worked for me was refreshing the page. Somehow that reminded the browser that yeah, there's a click to expand needed...)

Part 6: Oceanic Future Troops in Industrial Age
This strategy is for players around InA, but it is placed here at the end of the guide because of its complexity and cost. Here, I show you how to get up to OF troops in InA, and make you an unstoppable fighting machine.

Preparation
I'm going to come right out and say it - this strategy is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of planning and care to do it right. However, this strategy can make you one of the most powerful fighters possible in the game to date. Having troops up to 8 ages higher than your own is incredible. But it comes at a cost. You need to have prepared many unresearched technologies in order to do this. Assuming the player chooses to do the combination route on the AF map, the chart shows how many techs the player needs per era of troops.
Story Questline AgeTechs Needed (ea)Techs Needed (tot)
PE66
ME17
PME310
CE111
TE (skipped)011
FE (up to Hovers)213
Remaining FE114
AF (Combo)418
OF523

As you can see, you need a lot of techs, up to 23 to get all the possible troops. To manage this in InA, you have to save as many techs on the tree as possible. For those in IA who may be considering this strategy to improve a diamond farm, there's just more techs than you need on the tree to manage this, even if BA-IA is completely researched. Anywhere higher than EMA, and it can get iffy on whether or not you have enough techs to get all the troops. (Your spoiler chart starts at PE... And Part 6 (which continues a bit farther below) includes "The first bit is actually pretty easy - follow Part 3 of this guide, where you get the troops from PE to PME."

So right away this warning throws me into doubt: "Anywhere higher than EMA, and it can get iffy..." I have no idea what techs are safe and which are land mines between my Bronze city and Part 3 copied below. Is the advice here "(in italics because not a quote of yours) only do techs that you have been required to do by story quests or that are listed in the Parts," and not do any other tech at all, eg, ones mentioned by side/bonus quests that are not part of the Part 3 instructions? Are there any land mine techs in BA or Iron or EMA, etc before the start of Part 3? Or put another way are there are any land mines for this Hover/grail expedition in Parts 1 or 2?

Part 3: Progressive to Postmodern Era Troops

This section covers the ability of the player to get up to Postmodern Era troops in Industrial Age. The player can also acquire these troops in any higher age as well, such as PE and ME, but they just won't be as effective.

Progressive Era Troops
In addition to the PE troops that can be obtained in CA (see Part 2 for how to get these if you are InA and have not already), the total troops that can be acquired from the Progressive Era maps are 2 Snipers (ranged units, only when supporting Joffre), 2 Tanks (heavy units, only when supporting Schledorf), 1 Armored Car (fast unit), and 3 additional Conscripts (light units). As a side note, the player can also get a Publishing House (a PE cultural building) by following a fighting route.

If the player chose to fight to get the Rapid Fire Cannon, in CA or higher, then their choice of which province(s) they attacked will determine which units they receive. If the player chose to get the Rapid Fire Cannon, then they will get either 2 Snipers (ranged units) or 2 Tanks (heavy units) later on in the questline, and will have to research a technology unlocking a decoration to do so.

Following the fighting route (no matter who you are supporting), the story requires researching 1 tech that unlocks a military building and 3 other technologies. To avoid researching yet another technology, be sure to negotiate a sector for the quest "Don't Mention the War."

Following the negotiating route, the story requires researching 1 tech that unlocks a cultural building, 1 tech that unlocks a military building, and 3 other technologies.

Modern Era Troops
On the Modern Era map, it is important to fight the first two provinces. This triggers the side quest "Rin Gozen's Warriors," which yields 4 Bazooka Teams (light units) after completing the story quest "Rin Gozen's Honor." The early acquisition of these Bazookas is very helpful in fighting the remainder of the map. After completing the western portion of the ME cMap, the player receives 3 more Bazooka Teams (light units).

Additionally, fighting sectors of Toimuro and Hiromaguchi will yield an additional 2 Mechanized Infantry (fast units) and 2 Battle Tanks (heavy units).

In total, by fighting on the ME cMap, the player gains 2 Paratroopers (ranged units), 2 Mechanized Infantry (fast units), 2 Battle Tanks (heavy units), and 7 Bazooka Teams (light units). This era's story will require researching 1 technology.

Postmodern Era Troops
Early on in the PME cMap, the "Predator" side quest can be triggered, which results in the player receiving one Commando (light unit). To reach this quest, the player goes through a short side-quest line (abortable). It starts with "Guerilla Warfare." Following this quest is "Supply Chain" and finally "Predator." While the exact trigger conditions are not known, it seems that completing a PME side quest and having sectors on the PME map scouted can trigger this.

To get 5 MG teams (ranged units) from the story quests early in the PME map, you must:
  • Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
  • Only negotiate Che's provinces. Don't fight him.
Following through the questline will yield the MG teams, via "Business with Che," giving 2 MG teams (ranged units), and "More Business with Che," giving 3 MG teams (ranged units).

In addition, while not confirmed on all the triggers yet, to trigger the quest "Che, Again" which yields 2 Commandos (light units), I took Trung Doi, while having taken only the sectors of Rung Chien Dau required by the questline. I left Day Du Ao alone.

Later in the questline, the player receives 4 Commandos (light units) and 1 PME Champion (heavy unit). As one of the last quests, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare," the player is given a choice between aborting the quest or fulfilling it. Struck through because Hover/grail questers do not touch that quest. By aborting this quest, the player will be able to receive 2 Rocket Artillery.

In total, the player can gain 5 MG Teams (ranged units), 7 Commandos (light units), 1 PME Champion (heavy unit), and 2 Rocket Artillery (artillery units). The PME story quests require researching 3 technologies.

Also, this strategy will not work if you have already gotten all the PME troops, since you need to keep the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" and can not complete it.

Getting the Troops
The first bit is actually pretty easy - follow Part 3 of this guide, where you get the troops from PE to PME. However, due to the tech research requirements, I'd highly advise doing this right when moving to InA, and then researching those techs only as needed by the questline. However, be careful to absolutely under no circumstances complete or abort the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" at the end of the PME story! Yes, you won't get the PME Rocket Artillery, but you'll get better troops later on.

Note that it is important that until you get all the troops, you can not complete or abort "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." It will jump you back to the PME story and you'll become stuck on the tech blocker until you move to PME.

Then, push the cMap to FE, negotiating the first province (Agadar). Be sure to skip the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide. You can also do this before reaching "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" in the PME story questline.
Part 4: Oceanic Future Troops, in PME

This is probably the most complicated section in this guide. To get FE troops in PME, you have to skip over the CE story questline's tech blocker quest. And to do that, you have to follow some very specific requirements. Note that the exact requirements are a little iffy, you have a little bit of flexibility in what will actually work, however this is what I am 100% sure works.

Preparation
First, the player should not have completed the PME story questline yet (the second last quest is "The End of this Chapter," which requires you to research the last two techs in PME, it is probably easiest to stop at this quest. Before completing the PME story, you have to take provinces on the cMap in CE and TE, and also the first FE province, Agadar. Note that you must negotiate Agadar to get an extra 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units)!

However, there are specific provinces that must be skipped on the CE and TE maps. See the spoiler below for the maps and the provinces you have to skip in each age.
Skip the provinces that remain unscouted on these maps, and don't forget to take the first FE province (Agadar)
waw9MQ4.png

nmRqXzl.png

Skipping the Tech Blocker
Are any extra warnings needed here in this subsection or in the next one for Hover-grail expeditionaries like me? For example, you have written in Part 6 that we will not get CE troops, right? And that's fine with me. :) But does anything below from Part 4 need commentary or to be struck out? After taking the first FE province, you can finish the PME story. Then, follow the story through the CE storyline. It will ask you to scout one of the CE provinces that you skipped (scout it once it asks you to).

Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger as you move through the story. You can get 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters, (fast units), 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units), and 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units). The CE story will need 1 tech to be researched.

Towards the end of the CE story, you will skip from the CE story to the FE story, jumping over the CE story's tech blocker quest. After this happens, the story will progress like normal.

The Future Era Story
Once you start the FE story, to get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure to negotiate in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) and to not completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest "Greetings from a Friend." Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye.

Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units).

Also, if the player receives the quest "An Old Acquaintance," they will receive an additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units). It is not quite known how this quest can exactly be triggered, or what causes it not to be triggered. I got this quest when negotiating all the FE provinces.

In total, the player can gain 4 Hover Tanks (heavy units), 6 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units), 2 Drone Swarm (fast units), 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units). The FE story requires 3 techs to be researched, 4 if the player takes Kolaburg completely before the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole."

After the story quests jump to FE, the story follows along normally, but I did want to add the above information just because it is so important. The player is not tech blocked after they skip the CE blocker until they reach the end of the OF story. To see more information on the AF and OF stories, troops, and cMaps, see Part 5.

Next, complete a side quest or recurring quest that is NOT "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." This will cause the story to appear in that slot and jump to the beginning of the CE story questline.

Finally, continue through the questline as normal (and be sure to check out my tips in Part 5 on the CE-OF questlines). Just remember to make sure not to abort or complete "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" as you do so. However, note that you will not get any CE troops by doing this strategy.

Part 5: Tomorrow Era to Oceanic Future Troops

This is a more complex section due to its sheer number of troops and technologies needed for the questline. In total, up to 15 techs are needed to be researched in the TE-OF story (an additional technology is needed should the player choose to attack in the AF cMap). This means that technologies have to be left unresearched in ages prior to CE if the player wants all the possible troops they can gain. This will be explained more in-depth later on in this section. These strategies to obtain up to OF troops can be completed in ages CE and higher.

Contemporary Era Information
A side quest can be triggered giving attack helicopters in ME+, but the exact conditions to do this are unknown. Possibly this can be done via negotiating all of Abu Harbi's sectors.) However, by negotiating all 4 of the Sheik's provinces (Amaryah City, Khail, Batif, and Hafar Al Karak), the player receives more diamonds from the questline.

The CE story can give 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units), 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters (fast units; see above), and 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units).

Is this still a requirement for Hover-Grail expeditionaries -- we'd be in Indy, right, so none of these researches apply? The CE story requires any one technology to be researched, and this should be done on the way to reaching Stress Management, which is a requirement for the TE storyline. The best way to research the techs in CE to reach Stress Management while leaving as many techs unresearched as possible is shown in the images below. This strategy, however, only leaves 6 techs. An additional 7 techs (8 techs if fighting the AF map) will be needed from prior ages to acquire all of the obtainable troops. Be sure to leave techs open in earlier ages if planning to go for all the troops available.
JpQAgFn.jpg

Screenshot kindly provided by @ODragon
Click image for full-size version.

Tomorrow Era Troops
On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units).

In total, the player can gain 4 Microwave Blaster (artillery units), 4 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units), 2 Ultra AP (light units), 4 Stealth Tank (heavy units), and 2 Combat Drones (fast units). The TE story requires one technology to be researched.

Also, as an aside, a TE cultural building, the Surveillance Nexus, can be given from a quest after taking Rio Roxo in ages as early as InA!

Future Era Troops
Once you start the FE story, to get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure to negotiate in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) and to not completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest "Greetings from a Friend." Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye. Hover Tanks are extremely useful, even past FE, so it's a good idea to try and get the 3 extra ones.

Is this where I can stop if my grail expedition was simply Hovers in Indy? Please say yes. :)

Then if I go crazy from slaughtering Indy or PE troops with my Hovers, maybe I reveal the below to get AF-OF?

Also, if the player receives the quest "An Old Acquaintance," they will receive an additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units). It is not quite known how this quest can exactly be triggered, or what causes it not to be triggered. I got this quest when negotiating all the FE provinces.

To receive 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units) from the story quests, the player must fight some Colonel Oumee sectors.

In total, the player can gain 2 Drone Swarm (fast units), 6 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units), 4 Hover Tank (heavy units), 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units). The FE story requires 3 technologies to be researched (If you fully acquire Kolaburg before the quest Down the Rabbit Hole, this will become 4 technologies needed), but It only takes 2 technologies (or 3 if you fully acquired Kolaburg before Down the Rabbit Hole) to get the hover tank(s).

Arctic Future Troops
This is where things start to get complicated. A negotiation route on the AF cMap will yield slightly less troops, but also require one less technology to be researched. If a player forgot to leave enough technologies open to research, it is wiser to negotiate to get to the better OF troops. However, if the player has enough technologies fighting will yield more higher era troops overall. Since, at this point, technologies to research may become more scarce, charts will be provided to show which troops can be gained after each subsequent tech.

The AF troops gained per techs researched can be seen below, separated by the method obtained.
AF Story Troops, Fighting vs Negotiating

Fighting RouteNegotiating Route
With 1 TechWith 1 Tech
2 Recon Raider (fast units), 2 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units)2 Recon Raider (fast units), 2 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units)
With 2 TechsWith 2 Techs
2 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), + above4 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 2 Battle Fortress (heavy units), 2 Recon Raider (fast units), + above
With 3 TechsWith 3 Techs
2 Battle Fortress (heavy units), 2 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 2 Recon Raider (fast units), + above2 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 5 Recon Raider (fast units), 5 Battle Fortress (heavy units), + above
With 4 TechsWith 4 Techs
5 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 7 Recon Raider (fast units), 5 Battle Fortress (heavy units), + above3 Battle Fortress (heavy units), 3 Recon Raider (fast units), + above
With 5 TechsWith 5 Techs
3 Battle Fortress (heavy units), 3 Recon Raider (fast units), + aboveOnto OF map
Totals:Totals:
14 Recon Raider (fast units), 11 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 10 Battle Fortress (heavy units)12 Recon Raider (fast units), 8 Surrogate Soldier (ranged units), 8 Battle Fortress (heavy units)
Combination Route
Totals:
Same as Fighting Route

As mentioned in the chart above, there is a combination route of fighting and negotiating that can give you the same amount of troops as the fighting route, but with only one less tech being needed. This strategy is the best route for most players. Less goods needed, one less tech needed for research, and the maximum number of troops is incredibly helpful. It's explained below, and a big thank you to @NickGlover314 and @Ben Trovato for finding and refining this strategy.
To get all the troops but only need four techs, you must do the following:
Negotiate: The first 5 provinces (Nutarniq, Iluliac, Tuklavik, Ananevut and Qaniit)
Fight at least one sector of each: Nilak and Nunataq
Either Fight or Negotiate: Everything else

To see a little more on this, check out @NickGlover314's post [here] and @Ben Trovato's post [here].

Oceanic Future Troops
On the OF map, it does not matter whether you fight or negotiate. The troops gained are the same either way, and there is no difference in diamonds from the questline either. Additionally, since some sectors will eventually cost promethium and orichalcum to negotiate, and those can only be gained in earlier ages by spending diamonds, fighting will be much cheaper on the OF map. As with the AF troops, the OF troops will be presented by troops per tech researched, as seen in the chart below.
OF Story Troops
Troops gained before Tech Requirements:
2 Hydroelectric Eel (fast units), 2 Sub Cruiser (ranged units)
With 1 Tech:
2 Sub Cruiser (ranged units), 2 C.R.A.B. Mech (heavy units), + above
With 2 Techs:
2 Hydroelectric Eel (fast units), + above
With 3 Techs:
2 Turturret (artillery units), 2 Sub Cruiser (ranged units), 2 C.R.A.B. Mech (heavy units), + above
With 4 Techs:
2 Manta (light units), 2 Hydroelectric Eel (fast units), + above
With 5 Techs:
2 C.R.A.B. Mech (heavy units), 2 Turturret (artillery units), 2 Sub Cruiser (ranged units), + above
Total:
6 Hydroelectric Eel (fast units), 8 Sub Cruiser (ranged units), 6 C.R.A.B. Mech (heavy units), 4 Turturret (artillery units), and 2 Manta (light units)

After reaching the quest "Persuasion," the player becomes tech blocked until they reach OF. After this, the player can get no more higher aged troops.

Also, this strategy can be adapted to get hovers in PME by reducing the number of techs needed. By holding the "Your Choice" Truth or Dare" quest, you can skip the PME blocker and so no longer have to research the last two PME techs to get the hovers.

For this part, a lot of research was needed, and I'd especially like to thank @Stefanos 83163 for posting about this [here]. Without his work this part wouldn't exist. Also, thank you to everyone that helped me test some of my theories on how to do this.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hi @UBERhelp1 -- thank you so much for creating this thread! A guildie of mine referred me here when I told him I wanted Hovers in Indy. I think starting here with Part 6 would allow that, right?

However, I admit, I am afraid of getting lost when it comes to what to do when. Rather than ask you to write me a special Bronze to Indy Hovers guide (though I would probably name this primordial Hover city in your honor if you did), I have cut and paste instructions and highlighted below to try and show what I think I should do. :) Could you please approve/correct my course as I have understood it? (And I have started this grail-expedition (where grail=hover, and expedition is a synonym for the word quest which would have been very confusing) on a Bronze age world. So I do not think I have screwed up... yet...)

All you have to do to see this rabbit hole is click the Red Pill spoiler.

With much thanks and a good deal of hope.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for clicking the Red Pill. Because Part 6 calls out Parts 3-5, and I wanted to make one post that let a person jump to the referenced Part and back -- as well as ask questions in those Parts -- I have nested these annotated parts here as Spoilers. Please open and hide them as necessary. (Edit: If you do not see "Click to Expand" below, what worked for me was refreshing the page. Somehow that reminded the browser that yeah, there's a click to expand needed...)
Looks like you have it about right. When talking about the techs needed, I say anything higher than EMA since 20+ techs is a lot to save. I haven't actually gone through and figured out the absolute latest you can start saving for all the troops, and I don't call out specific techs since some player might want to research something that can be skipped, but is willing to skip something else, etc. If you are only going for hovers, you need 12 techs ('cause you skip the CE one, still have to update the guide for that). You can do that pretty easily by saving techs later on and then using the InA tech tree as much as possible. If you want to go further, then that takes a bit of planning.

I would recommend planning out how far you want to go for troops, and then working backwards. So for hovers, that's 12. But for all the OF ones, that's 24. Decide what techs you are willing to skip, and count 'em up and see where you are for that.

When progressing through storylines, it's best to research as you go so you don't research all your techs, but until you reach the storyline you care about (in this case, PE), then you don't really have to stick to that rule. I mainly wrote that to say don't blow through the tech tree and then expect to have techs to research for the questlines.

And you have everything else right. If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

KeenWise

Looks like you have it about right. When talking about the techs needed, I say anything higher than EMA since 20+ techs is a lot to save. I haven't actually gone through and figured out the absolute latest you can start saving for all the troops, and I don't call out specific techs since some player might want to research something that can be skipped, but is willing to skip something else, etc. If you are only going for hovers, you need 12 techs ('cause you skip the CE one, still have to update the guide for that). You can do that pretty easily by saving techs later on and then using the InA tech tree as much as possible. If you want to go further, then that takes a bit of planning.

I would recommend planning out how far you want to go for troops, and then working backwards. So for hovers, that's 12. But for all the OF ones, that's 24. Decide what techs you are willing to skip, and count 'em up and see where you are for that.

When progressing through storylines, it's best to research as you go so you don't research all your techs, but until you reach the storyline you care about (in this case, PE), then you don't really have to stick to that rule. I mainly wrote that to say don't blow through the tech tree and then expect to have techs to research for the questlines.

And you have everything else right. If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)
Thank you so much for replying so quickly :) I had frozen at the attached image just waiting for your reply, lol. I will still think more about the AF-OF troops... so hard to have respect for those troops when my Birka-holding-at-FE city just slices through the AF and OF maps with natural born hovers.

But hey, maybe they do better against Indy and PE than hovers? There's definitely a lot of Foe left for me to learn. Thanks again for writing/collecting/sharing this knowledge!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-11 151450.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-11 151450.png
    722.7 KB · Views: 12

UBERhelp1

Thank you so much for replying so quickly :) I had frozen at the attached image just waiting for your reply, lol. I will still think more about the AF-OF troops... so hard to have respect for those troops when my Birka-holding-at-FE city just slices through the AF and OF maps with natural born hovers.

But hey, maybe they do better against Indy and PE than hovers? There's definitely a lot of Foe left for me to learn. Thanks again for writing/collecting/sharing this knowledge!
Good luck! And idk but turturrets are fun to say ;-;

MooingCat

First of all, thanks a lot for all the work you've put into this guide! I'm planning on following the guide to get OF units in INA on the new world, and documenting the progress on my youtube channel :) I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, just to double check that I've understood the guide properly :)

1) Outside of those provinces specifically mentioned in the guide, am I ok to leave sectors that are not required by story quests or to progress on the map unconquered? My goal with this would be to have cheap provinces to infiltrate for quests later on in AF/OF, but I'm not sure if it would mess with the story or not.

2) Can I leave HMA bonus questline / provinces untouched? I might do them anyways, but would it be ok not to touch them? If I do leave them untouched, could I for example do them during the CE/TE maps if I need to gather resources for those?

3) From others I've talked to I understand you'll be able to fight your way through a lot of AF/OF with the units you get if you're careful. Does that require high boosts, or do you think something like 200/100 A/D would be enough? I remember being able to get through those maps with similar boost numbers on my main world a couple of years ago, but that was of course without very limited troops (though I was less experienced in fighting).

4) Are you able to fight your way through CE/TE, or do you need to do a lot of negotiations for those maps?

5) I would like to grab all expansions from BA-CA techs, which would leave 11 optional technologies in those ages. Combined with 19 technologies in INA, that should be enough, right? Or would you play it safer and leave more BA-CA techs so that I can research more INA techs in the beginning?

6) Is it only in PE you need to unlock specific tech types (depending on your choices), or are there later stories that require specific tech types as well?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go along, but those are the main things I wonder about right now :p

Thanks again for all the work you and others have done to make this possible to follow :)

UBERhelp1

First of all, thanks a lot for all the work you've put into this guide! I'm planning on following the guide to get OF units in INA on the new world, and documenting the progress on my youtube channel :) I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, just to double check that I've understood the guide properly :)

1) Outside of those provinces specifically mentioned in the guide, am I ok to leave sectors that are not required by story quests or to progress on the map unconquered? My goal with this would be to have cheap provinces to infiltrate for quests later on in AF/OF, but I'm not sure if it would mess with the story or not.

2) Can I leave HMA bonus questline / provinces untouched? I might do them anyways, but would it be ok not to touch them? If I do leave them untouched, could I for example do them during the CE/TE maps if I need to gather resources for those?

3) From others I've talked to I understand you'll be able to fight your way through a lot of AF/OF with the units you get if you're careful. Does that require high boosts, or do you think something like 200/100 A/D would be enough? I remember being able to get through those maps with similar boost numbers on my main world a couple of years ago, but that was of course without very limited troops (though I was less experienced in fighting).

4) Are you able to fight your way through CE/TE, or do you need to do a lot of negotiations for those maps?

5) I would like to grab all expansions from BA-CA techs, which would leave 11 optional technologies in those ages. Combined with 19 technologies in INA, that should be enough, right? Or would you play it safer and leave more BA-CA techs so that I can research more INA techs in the beginning?

6) Is it only in PE you need to unlock specific tech types (depending on your choices), or are there later stories that require specific tech types as well?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go along, but those are the main things I wonder about right now :p

Thanks again for all the work you and others have done to make this possible to follow :)
Glad to see you commenting!

1. Yes, you should be able to. However, past InA, that really doesn't happen too much. You need all the sectors on the PE, ME, PME, (maybe FE?), AF, and OF maps. Of course, you can and have to skip nonessential ones on the CE and TE maps.
2. Yup. Feel free to skip it. You can always come back to them without messing it up.
3. That boost might be fine. The only thing too watch out for are the Plasma Artillery. They can hit pretty hard, so I'd recommend being very careful fighting them. Also, moving through the TE map could get rough with only MG teams as the strongest unit.
4. You can fight through them.
5. You should be fine there, but move through the InA tech tree only as needed and it should work.
6. It's only PE. The devs decided to be weird.

I look forward to seeing the video(s), and I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have!

MooingCat

Glad to see you commenting!

1. Yes, you should be able to. However, past InA, that really doesn't happen too much. You need all the sectors on the PE, ME, PME, (maybe FE?), AF, and OF maps. Of course, you can and have to skip nonessential ones on the CE and TE maps.
2. Yup. Feel free to skip it. You can always come back to them without messing it up.
3. That boost might be fine. The only thing too watch out for are the Plasma Artillery. They can hit pretty hard, so I'd recommend being very careful fighting them. Also, moving through the TE map could get rough with only MG teams as the strongest unit.
4. You can fight through them.
5. You should be fine there, but move through the InA tech tree only as needed and it should work.
6. It's only PE. The devs decided to be weird.

I look forward to seeing the video(s), and I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have!
Awesome, thanks :) I remember how painful those Plasma Artillery were on my main xD I often used 8 AF fast against them, so suppose I might do the same and heal the units I might lose. Will have to see how things stand with my boosts at that point :)

I have a rough time target of 1 year, what do you think about that? I looked at the pure scouting times to get through BA to OF stage 3 and that's around 8 months. I imagine I'll get stuck at times though.

Could you please update the guide (part 6), that while conquering the CE and TE map, you under no circumstances should complete Dicator's Death and perhabs even shouldn't do any side quests? For me it wasn't sure after reading your guide, while not to complete or abort Truth or Dare was very evident to me.

UBERhelp1

Awesome, thanks :) I remember how painful those Plasma Artillery were on my main xD I often used 8 AF fast against them, so suppose I might do the same and heal the units I might lose. Will have to see how things stand with my boosts at that point :)

I have a rough time target of 1 year, what do you think about that? I looked at the pure scouting times to get through BA to OF stage 3 and that's around 8 months. I imagine I'll get stuck at times though.
That might work. I think you might end up being stuck on coin production though. You might want to invest in attack GB first to get the military boosts, and then place a CF or otherwise working hard to build up coins for scouting.

[EDIT] Also, would it be ok if you could credit me or link the guide in the video description? You don't have to, but I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Could you please update the guide (part 6), that while conquering the CE and TE map, you under no circumstances should complete Dicator's Death and perhabs even shouldn't do any side quests? For me it wasn't sure after reading your guide, while not to complete or abort Truth or Dare was very evident to me.
Coming in the next update. There's a few things I want to finish before I post it though :)

[EDIT] See below. Fixed

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Update to Version 1.22
  • Minor formatting fixes
  • Fixed Hovers in InA tech requirements
  • Fixed Hovers in InA quest info
  • Added some BA troop info
  • Fixed EMA Heavies info (w/ IA questline)
  • Backend work with organizing my backups
  • Cleaned up guide documents

MooingCat

That might work. I think you might end up being stuck on coin production though. You might want to invest in attack GB first to get the military boosts, and then place a CF or otherwise working hard to build up coins for scouting.
I think I'll be fine for coins. Need a total of 90m for scouting, but will get at least 60m back from sectors + provinces, and as far as I can tell story quests will be a net gain as well? My plan is to get a St Marks at very low level + a bunch of 2x2 gambrel houses. Let's say 50 of those, that's 50*2*1350 = 135k unmotivated, so let's say 200k per day motivated. Add in some event buildings eventually, probably 300k per day at least. So with that it'll only take a couple of months to get the remaining coins :)

My plan is to get trio to 10 each, throw in a couple of event buildings and I hope I'll be able to get at least the 200/100 I mentioned when I get to some of the higher age maps. Then eventually as people get to FE I'd like to build Arc and start that grind :) I'll look at CF as well, not sure how much those sets will go for initially xD

ant..

I started my new city on July 4. I am firmly established in Indy and am about to start the PME map. I have boosted a few scouts, though, so I could get to the MG teams by GBG start this season. From here it will slow down some. I don't know how many Provinces there are to take, but at a little over a day per scout it will take a bit of time. But a think I will finish in less than a year. It's a loooooong way thru AF and OF, though. lol

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 I think it's worth mentioning in Part 6 and Part 4 of your guide that it's possible to start the TE Questline once reaching the TE Cmap and receive TE Units. There are no tech blocker quests in TE and the TE units can help massively when fighting on the TE Map.

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 I think it's worth mentioning in Part 6 and Part 4 of your guide that it's possible to start the TE Questline once reaching the TE Cmap and receive TE Units. There are no tech blocker quests in TE and the TE units can help massively when fighting on the TE Map.
I might write it up soon. Stay tuned......

matto1

@UBERhelp1
Thanks for the guide! I've been working on the Indy route (Part 6) on Beta server and had a question about the rail guns and spotters in the Future questline.

In Part 4 you say:
"Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units)."

But in Part 6 you refer to Part 5, which says:
"To receive 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units) from the story quests, the player must fight some Colonel Oumee sectors."

Why is this different? Is this the same thing worded differently and we just need to fight Fort Buntu, or since Colonel Oumee has 3 (I think) provinces, are there different requirements to get these units in Indy vs PME?