• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1
Thanks for the guide! I've been working on the Indy route (Part 6) on Beta server and had a question about the rail guns and spotters in the Future questline.

In Part 4 you say:
"Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units)."

But in Part 6 you refer to Part 5, which says:
"To receive 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units) from the story quests, the player must fight some Colonel Oumee sectors."

Why is this different? Is this the same thing worded differently and we just need to fight Fort Buntu, or since Colonel Oumee has 3 (I think) provinces, are there different requirements to get these units in Indy vs PME?
It's the same thing but worded differently. If you're following along with the story and you take Fort Buntu sectors by fighting you will get those additional units. You could fight CO sectors earlier, but you could negotiate those and still get them by fighting only FB sectors.

It is worth mentioning that it is possible to receive cultural buildings (Police Station) via GE or events. This could be helpful in saving up a maximum of 7 technologies in the Industrial Age (Worker's houses is still required for the Old Wall South decoration as it can not be received anywhere else). This is redeeming as it allows for all pre-Colonial players to have enough technologies to research. They just need to save the 2 CA optional goods techs. This is would allow for bare minimum techs, and must skip the Tomorrow Era research 1. Or can a player still get TE unit without researching a tech?

Last edited:
@UBERhelp1 I think it's worth mentioning in Part 6 and Part 4 of your guide that it's possible to start the TE Questline once reaching the TE Cmap and receive TE Units. There are no tech blocker quests in TE and the TE units can help massively when fighting on the TE Map.
Aren't there? On the wiki someone mentions a techblocker quest being added after completing the TE map.

UBERhelp1

Aren't there? On the wiki someone mentions a techblocker quest being added after completing the TE map.
No, there's not. It's just that a) it takes an extra tech, b) TE units are meh, and c) I'm not exactly sure how far you need to go to skip to the TE map.

UBERhelp1

It is worth mentioning that it is possible to receive cultural buildings (Police Station) via GE or events. This could be helpful in saving up a maximum of 7 technologies in the Industrial Age (Worker's houses is still required for the Old Wall South decoration as it can not be received anywhere else). This is redeeming as it allows for all pre-Colonial players to have enough technologies to research. They just need to save the 2 CA optional goods techs. This is would allow for bare minimum techs, and must skip the Tomorrow Era research 1. Or can a player still get TE unit without researching a tech?
You need to research a tech for the TE questline. That's why it's better to just skip it. I might put something in about Police Stations soon, but I don't think you could get all the available troops with only the 2 in CA and all of InA. You need 22 techs, and with the 2 CA techs and all of InA (19), that nets only 21. You also have to remember that for the PE questline they might be needing InA techs for a military building, which would take a minimum of two to research, netting only 20 techs.

To be clear this is for those that didn't save any BA->HMA (24):
If a pre-CA player planned ahead (did all of InA in CA) , it is possible to complete 5 of the 6 PE tech needed as low as CA! The will need to go into InA to get the Police station via GE & events. If they messed up they could research Workers' Houses; needed latter for it's decoration. For the Military tech they could unlock the Jaeger infantry as it only requires Workers' Houses. Then they have 14 InA tech saved, and need only 16 remaining (ME-->OF). With the 14 InA techs remaining they could get all the way into OF (3 tech completed/5 techs needed) . This is where the 2 CA goods techs come in. GG this is some is some wild stuff! Oh and if they saved 1 of the 4 LMA optional techs they could do TE story for the units (and goods).

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

To be clear this is for those that didn't save any BA->HMA (24):
If a pre-CA player planned ahead (did all of InA in CA) , it is possible to complete 5 of the 6 PE tech needed as low as CA! The will need to go into InA to get the Police station via GE & events. If they messed up they could research Workers' Houses; needed latter for it's decoration. For the Military tech they could unlock the Jaeger infantry as it only requires Workers' Houses. Then they have 14 InA tech saved, and need only 16 remaining (ME-->OF). With the 14 InA techs remaining they could get all the way into OF (3 tech completed/5 techs needed) . This is where the 2 CA goods techs come in. GG this is some is some wild stuff! Oh and if they saved 1 of the 4 LMA optional techs they could do TE story for the units (and goods).
For some reason I'm really struggling to focus on what I'm typing right now so bear with me. I think that if a player is in LMA, and they don't plan ahead, and they don't see this guide until they start moving to CA, then yes there's a chance they'll go through the PE questline and get set up well. But they might also have chosen the RFC, and that would mess that strategy up.

The problem with a guide like this is that there's so many different ways to save techs and move through the map and questline. So I suppose I could write a specific note saying that if you are in LMA and you want all the OF troops then go through the PE questline and don't choose the RFC. I just feel like this guide is already jumpy enough (part 6 follows 3, 4, and 5) and I don't quite know how I'd reorganize that into it yet. I am planning on doing a major reorganization sometime soon, so maybe I'll work that in? Either way I'll probably add the Police Stations via event thing, even though it can take a really long time for that to work out.

KingJMobile

No, there's not. It's just that a) it takes an extra tech, b) TE units are meh, and c) I'm not exactly sure how far you need to go to skip to the TE map.
But still though, I'm having a hard enough time fighting the CE provinces with only Battle Tanks and MG Teams, and I really like Anti-Material Sniper (because they look cool). I think you just have to reach the new Continent Map and start the TE Story where the majority of the units are. The worst that could happen? I have to move to CE and get the higher era units, and fortunately you have a guide on how to do that. :)

I'll tell you the results as well.

UBERhelp1

But still though, I'm having a hard enough time fighting the CE provinces with only Battle Tanks and MG Teams, and I really like Anti-Material Sniper (because they look cool). I think you just have to reach the new Continent Map and start the TE Story where the majority of the units are. The worst that could happen? I have to move to CE and get the higher era units, and fortunately you have a guide on how to do that. :)

I'll tell you the results as well.
Thanks! Normally I'd test it, but I really don't want someone going out of their way to test it and then missing out on hovers or something.

FluffyPhoenix

So I finally got someone who can fund me sitting in the Bronze Age negotiating up to the Oceanic Future. Aside the two bonus areas, are there any skippable provinces in the old world map?

UBERhelp1

So I finally got someone who can fund me sitting in the Bronze Age negotiating up to the Oceanic Future. Aside the two bonus areas, are there any skippable provinces in the old world map?
A decent amount. I don't have a list of what's needed for the storyline, but there's a few provinces here and there you are able to skip.

TreeMan3210

Apart from the bonus areas I have skipped Jaims, Eldenborough, Wolvhampton, Four Gallows, Lavignon and Lombardeaux. I got to Hovers and those provinces are still available to take on my old world map. I believe I also skipped Breturia and only took it later because of some event quests, but I'm not sure about this. Maybe it was Veletrites instead of Breturia? No clue.
There could be some more, especially the ones with expansions as a reward, because I was taking them as soon as possible.

Gator54

I just went through this. One of my RQ spots switched to Dictator's Death, and the other went to Pecunia Non Olet. After completing Pecunia Non Olet, I got Media Control where you win the surveillance nexus. Then it went back to the regular RQ again. I held Dictator's Death until I negotiated the entire first province of FE, and then completed it. It jumped straight from Dictator's Death to Eyes Ahead on the future quest line.

Just quick confirmation - Negotiated Agadar, completed Dictator's Death - jumped to Eyes Ahead.

UBERhelp1

Attention
I have been hearing from some players that someone got VF troops in an earlier age, and they posted screenshot proof. If you see this, disregard it. The screenshot is edited and you are not able to get VF troops in any earlier age. Unfortunately it's too good to be true. I'm not posting the image since I don't want to share what I found wrong with it so that it is harder for people to try to fool you into this. I almost believed in it except for some very small errors.

This guide explains all the possible units I know how to get in the game, and if you do get extra units, I ask for you to provide specific quest proof or detailed screenshots PMed to me so I can verify their accuracy. It's annoying and frustrating when players try to give other players bad tips or purposeful misinformation. I have tried to verify all the information in this guide and keep it up to date to the greatest extent I can.

FluffyPhoenix

So I've finally gotten a person to fund me and am setting off! So I don't have to scan through thirty pages of stuff, what do I need to acquire to get through Indy at the bare minimum? Do I scout and take Garrincton in order to move onto to PE?

I'll upload a map of what I have taken and left unscouted once I get to Indy. It'll be a bit still.

Ben Trovato

Do I scout and take Garrincton in order to move onto to PE?
Yes. If you really mean bare minimum and aren't after all the expansion sectors. You can just go North from Okahe, the first province, which will take you to New Cragshire, then keep going West to Garrincton. Or west from Okahe to Las Penas and North to Garrincton, which might be cheaper. Unfortunately I don't think there are any shortcuts on the Progressive map as the last sector can't be scouted until you've taken all the rest.

Last edited:

DevaCat

So I've finally gotten a person to fund me and am setting off! So I don't have to scan through thirty pages of stuff, what do I need to acquire to get through Indy at the bare minimum? Do I scout and take Garrincton in order to move onto to PE?

I'll upload a map of what I have taken and left unscouted once I get to Indy. It'll be a bit still.
I don’t think you need to scan through anything, especially the 30 pages of info people have painstakingly researched for us. By all means, since you are fully funded, why not just wing it? And please let us all know how it goes.

UBERhelp1

They basically have it covered above. To get through InA map the fastest (though you'll need to take other provinces for the story quests) just stay in the north and go to the left.

Just to note, when entering Industrial Age and working on "the Peace Conference" , the 2 RQ slots get replaced momentarily by a series of side quests. By completing some of them, and only aborting those requiring researching a tech, you also can get 3 howitzers, 2 Breech Loaders and 2 Jaegers.