• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Question on advancing through CE map (following path to get Hoovers). I don't care about diamonds, just maximizing the amount of higher age troops I get.
Is it best to negotiate all the way through the CE map? Abu Harbi's and the Sheik's?
Or, more simply, is there any reason to fight any CE map provinces? If not, I'll just negotiate my way through.
Thank you!
Fighting is cheaper. Goods are expensive. If you're below PME, you won't get much of the CE story. Maybe one or two quests. So it really doesn't matter how you progress through it. If you're in PME, negotiating the Sheik's provinces are better because you'll get more diamonds from the questline.

xivarmy

Question: which age do you consider better for fighting with Hoover Tanks, Turturrets etc...... Indsutrial or Progressive?

PE is slightly better for Hover Tanks - it's not like Industrial is *bad* with them though (which some people gravitate towards saying).

Turturrets should be better in industrial however - as the battlefield scaling should give them more time to blast before they'd be in danger. I've not experienced this yet to know how good it is though.

Major Briggs

Thank you.
I am in Industrial, and have just earned the last two of four Turturrets, but have yet to fully experience theit power. I keep noticing people arguing that PE is better for later era troops, but I am not sure if i would agree. My City is still somewhat underdeveloped, as all my effort has been towards getting FE/AF/OF troops , and its has been quite tiresome. I think I will stay in IA for a while and work on the city...

UBERhelp1

200,000 Views on the Cultural Settlements Guide
I barely have the words. It has been less than 200 days since this guide topped 100,000 views. Back then, I promised that new stuff is coming soon, and it still is. I'm very close to finishing a pretty massive update for this guide, where everything is reorganized and streamlined, along with some new content to better explain everything. Additionally, I've been doing a lot of preparation behind the scenes for upcoming projects.

Included in the list of improvements in the upcoming update is you no longer have to skip weirdly between parts of the guide when following a path, a unified required technology tree for easier planning for each specific age, continent map highlighting to more easily show provinces, and more. I've been pretty busy irl so it's taking longer than I anticipated, but the update should be out within the next month.

As I have said every time I hit a view milestone because it only becomes more true, I can not thank everyone enough for their comments, likes, feedback, questions, and support. In the past few months, this guide has only grown in popularity, and I promise to continue creating more content for this guide and FoE in general to share with all of you. I like to think that with the more views that this guide has, the more people I am helping to enjoy the game. If that is even true for one person, this whole adventure has been worthwhile. Thank you all.

BadDR

Sorry, I have to ask again. Is reaching the TE map enough to skip the Tech Blocker Quest King of the Desert? Or do you have to reach the FE map?
Like you, I received the "Deduction" quest after completing "Miranda Meets the Maker." I completed it by acquiring Itabarai and Villabaja, and the next quest was "Revelation." It appears I'll be able to complete the TE map and proceed along the story line to FE, which was implied by xivarmy's earler response.

EDIT: An important addition. I just acquired Sao Malvado and my next quest is "Mantos' Escape." I have a L100 CF and my reward for completing the quest (gather 200 goods, spend 100 FPs) will be 1400 diamonds. I'm happy with the 7 TE troops I acquired, but frankly 1400 diamonds might be worth researching an extra tech even without them!

Last edited:

WillTreaty2

Does anyone know what is an acceptable attack boost to attempt getting OF troops in Industrial Age? I currently have about 100/135 and working on getting more. How far could I get with that?

Also, what would be a good amount of goods to try stockpile up on to negotiate those sectors that are needed? I plan on mostly fighting, and only negotiating when needed. I'm asking because I'm currently in EMA, but have been preparing to age up quickly to Industrial in the coming weeks and want to be as prepared as I can ahead of time for attempting OF troops relatively quickly upon entering Industrial (though I would first primarily focus on the hovers).

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Does anyone know what is an acceptable attack boost to attempt getting OF troops in Industrial Age? I currently have about 100/135 and working on getting more. How far could I get with that?

Also, what would be a good amount of goods to try stockpile up on to negotiate those sectors that are needed? I plan on mostly fighting, and only negotiating when needed. I'm asking because I'm currently in EMA, but have been preparing to age up quickly to Industrial in the coming weeks and want to be as prepared as I can ahead of time for attempting OF troops relatively quickly upon entering Industrial (though I would first primarily focus on the hovers).
As much as I hate to tell you this, it depends. If you're skilled at manually fighting, then you might be fine. If not, you probably know what to do. A normal player practices until they get it right, a good player practices until they never get it wrong ;) (Based on your name I'm guessing you know what that means. If not, sorry!)

If I were you, the best plan of action would be to move quickly to InA, and do a couple things. First, in the next event prioritize attack bonuses over everything else. Second, level attack GB as much as you can* Third, get really good at manually fighting. On the campaign map, rogues can get attacked last, meaning they won't transform if you don't have enough normal units.

As for goods, there are third party sources that can help you figure out what you'd need for each province. I can't link them here because of the forum's rules, but a quick search for something like "foe tools" or "foe campaign map requirements tool" could set you up in the right place. Plan to negotiate the southern InA provinces, some in PME, and some in FE. You'll also need to negotiate on the AF map, unless you have an extra technology you don't mind spending to avoid negotiating there at all.

*But also I'd recommend getting a CF, and levelling it high as possible, because you get a lot of diamonds from the storyline and the more you can get for free, the better :)

classick59

@WillTreaty2 become reeeally good at manual fighting. It's doable. As uber said, they try to skip going after rogues. The highest attack/defense on the map is 35%/35% and that's at the end of each era map. The most difficult for me was future without having contemporary troops it took alot of patience using the commando

WillTreaty2

As much as I hate to tell you this, it depends. If you're skilled at manually fighting, then you might be fine. If not, you probably know what to do. A normal player practices until they get it right, a good player practices until they never get it wrong ;) (Based on your name I'm guessing you know what that means. If not, sorry!)

If I were you, the best plan of action would be to move quickly to InA, and do a couple things. First, in the next event prioritize attack bonuses over everything else. Second, level attack GB as much as you can* Third, get really good at manually fighting. On the campaign map, rogues can get attacked last, meaning they won't transform if you don't have enough normal units.

As for goods, there are third party sources that can help you figure out what you'd need for each province. I can't link them here because of the forum's rules, but a quick search for something like "foe tools" or "foe campaign map requirements tool" could set you up in the right place. Plan to negotiate the southern InA provinces, some in PME, and some in FE. You'll also need to negotiate on the AF map, unless you have an extra technology you don't mind spending to avoid negotiating there at all.

*But also I'd recommend getting a CF, and levelling it high as possible, because you get a lot of diamonds from the storyline and the more you can get for free, the better :)

Yes, I do know what that means. :)

Thanks! I'll work then on leveling my attack buildings (levels 10, 9, and 7 respectively) and CF (currently level 5). I'm part of a very active high level GvG, so I should be able to earn a lot of Fps through GvG with my higher era units from aging up this season.

I also consider myself pretty skilled at manual fighting, though of course I'll be fighting with units I've never fought with before, so that will be a learning curve.

Thanks so much for the help! I appreciate it. This guide had gotten me excited. It's almost like a game within a game. :)

WillTreaty2

@WillTreaty2 become reeeally good at manual fighting. It's doable. As uber said, they try to skip going after rogues. The highest attack/defense on the map is 35%/35% and that's at the end of each era map. The most difficult for me was future without having contemporary troops it took alot of patience using the commando

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

First off, super guide @UBERhelp1

I play the international servers so had to start a new city on the US server just to register for the forum here. I wish your guide was out years ago lol. I've only come back to the game after about 3 or 4 years away. I might have been of some help with the guide as I did some of this higher age tactic myself on one of my cities (those 3-4 years ago) without any guide but it looks like you have it all covered now.
To be honest, I've forgotten most of it at this stage, but I started playing again on the world where I have the higher units. I originally stayed in BA and negotiated up to the indy map to get expansions, then got tech/quest locked and lost all quests so had to age up to Indy to get them back.

Anyway, I never left Indy and kept going on the map using the fandom wiki as a bit of a rough guide to get the higher units. I've got a few PE, ME and PME MG teams (my favouites), but reading your guide now I could have done a lot better.

So on to my query. Upon my return to the game a few weeks ago, I have a Princess Myciena PME quest, "Bring in the Colonel". I stopped playing before completing it, and it requires "research a tech". According to the wiki the next quest will be "The Horrors" and then the very important "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?". I have 5 techs un-researched to play with so think I can get the FE Hover tanks at least.

I've now done the CE map following your guide and left regions for later and made a start on the TE map. I got the Surveilance Nexus today when an RQ changed to a Side Quest then back to RQ.

One big question I have: Stefanos says we need to be up to "Truth or Dare" and keep it open. Whereas your guide says we can proceed to the 1st FE region before having it open. Which is it? For me to proceed to "Truth or Dare" will cost me another tech so I want to proceed cautiously.

Many thanks again for the brilliant guide.

Farti

UBERhelp1

First off, super guide @UBERhelp1

I play the international servers so had to start a new city on the US server just to register for the forum here. I wish your guide was out years ago lol. I've only come back to the game after about 3 or 4 years away. I might have been of some help with the guide as I did some of this higher age tactic myself on one of my cities (those 3-4 years ago) without any guide but it looks like you have it all covered now.
To be honest, I've forgotten most of it at this stage, but I started playing again on the world where I have the higher units. I originally stayed in BA and negotiated up to the indy map to get expansions, then got tech/quest locked and lost all quests so had to age up to Indy to get them back.

Anyway, I never left Indy and kept going on the map using the fandom wiki as a bit of a rough guide to get the higher units. I've got a few PE, ME and PME MG teams (my favouites), but reading your guide now I could have done a lot better.

So on to my query. Upon my return to the game a few weeks ago, I have a Princess Myciena PME quest, "Bring in the Colonel". I stopped playing before completing it, and it requires "research a tech". According to the wiki the next quest will be "The Horrors" and then the very important "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?". I have 5 techs un-researched to play with so think I can get the FE Hover tanks at least.

I've now done the CE map following your guide and left regions for later and made a start on the TE map. I got the Surveilance Nexus today when an RQ changed to a Side Quest then back to RQ.

One big question I have: Stefanos says we need to be up to "Truth or Dare" and keep it open. Whereas your guide says we can proceed to the 1st FE region before having it open. Which is it? For me to proceed to "Truth or Dare" will cost me another tech so I want to proceed cautiously.

Many thanks again for the brilliant guide.

Farti
Essentially, you want to own the first FE province before you abort/complete a recurring/side quest other than Truth or Dare to continue the story. You could reach the FE map while on the ME story, the important thing is that you do not complete/abort Truth or Dare. That means that you will have to spend the tech to complete "Bring in the Colonel."

I hope this explains it. If you're still confused I can try to explain it better :)

Essentially, you want to own the first FE province before you abort/complete a recurring/side quest other than Truth or Dare to continue the story. You could reach the FE map while on the ME story, the important thing is that you do not complete/abort Truth or Dare. That means that you will have to spend the tech to complete "Bring in the Colonel."

I hope this explains it. If you're still confused I can try to explain it better :)
Okidoki, so I think I might as well complete a tech now, move to "The Horrors", complete that too as it awards a PME champ, then keep "Truth or Dare" open.
With Truth or Dare open, will I still be able to keep completing/aborting my RQs while I push the cMap to FE?
Apologies for me needing it spelled out, but I'm just being really careful. It'd be a shame to mess it up at this stage :rolleyes:
Thx again,
Farti

UBERhelp1

Okidoki, so I think I might as well complete a tech now, move to "The Horrors", complete that too as it awards a PME champ, then keep "Truth or Dare" open.
With Truth or Dare open, will I still be able to keep completing/aborting my RQs while I push the cMap to FE?
Apologies for me needing it spelled out, but I'm just being really careful. It'd be a shame to mess it up at this stage :rolleyes:
Thx again,
Farti
With truth or dare open I would not complete or abort an RQ until you're ready to continue the story. It'll jump you to the CE story immediately, and if you aren't on FE after that stuff can get weird.

With truth or dare open I would not complete or abort an RQ until you're ready to continue the story. It'll jump you to the CE story immediately, and if you aren't on FE after that stuff can get weird.
Thanks for that. I've got The Horrors open now so think I'll wait until I negotiate FE Agadar before moving to Truth or Dare. Come to think of it I'm not going to do anything else before confirming it is safe to do so :D

Cheers
Farti

Impatience is a virtue lol.
I've spent a few diamonds getting to FE quicker and negotiated the first province, Agadar. I've completed the previous quest and now have Truth or Dare (Side Quest) open. Aborted an RQ and now have Dictators Death (Story Quest) open.

If I understand correctly, I've to continue the Story Quest ONLY, leaving Truth or Dare open. As I intend on staying in Ind. Age long term does this mean I've to leave this quest open indefinitely?

Farti