• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Benjamin hargrave

Ok. So I’m in InA. I pushed through to the FE map, negotiated the first sector, did a RQ, finished “dictators death” but it won’t trigger the rest of the FE story… do I need to finish negotiating the province?

UBERhelp1

Ok. So I’m in InA. I pushed through to the FE map, negotiated the first sector, did a RQ, finished “dictators death” but it won’t trigger the rest of the FE story… do I need to finish negotiating the province?
Yes. If at any point the story isn't triggered, just keep going on the cMap and it should trigger again

ChaosG

Hey, Thanks for this amazing guide!
I am now pushing through the TE campaign map and during this after taking Rio Roxo I have abandoned an RQ and got a quest "Border Patrol" that tells me to scout the province south of Rio Roxo (I was planning to skip TE units and go straight for Hovers), will I get forced to do the TE quests and take the sectors you said to skip or will I get the FE quests when I move on? Also I don't have any RQs or side quests that I can abandon (other than "Your choice: Truth or dare?")
I am in Indy at the moment if it matters.

UBERhelp1

Hey, Thanks for this amazing guide!
I am now pushing through the TE campaign map and during this after taking Rio Roxo I have abandoned an RQ and got a quest "Border Patrol" that tells me to scout the province south of Rio Roxo (I was planning to skip TE units and go straight for Hovers), will I get forced to do the TE quests and take the sectors you said to skip or will I get the FE quests when I move on? Also I don't have any RQs or side quests that I can abandon (other than "Your choice: Truth or dare?")
I am in Indy at the moment if it matters.
Looks like you're stuck doing the TE story quests. Then it'll move forward into FE.

ChaosG

Looks like you're stuck doing the TE story quests. Then it'll move forward into FE.
I would suggest to add in the guide under the "No TE troops" spoiler to not abort or complete any quests until you take the first FE sector if that is the case.

UBERhelp1

I would suggest to add in the guide under the "No TE troops" spoiler to not abort or complete any quests until you take the first FE sector if that is the case.
It's on my to do list! I'm actually working on that right now

UBERhelp1

BOOM
Higher Age Units Guide v2.01
  • Added blurb about when it's ok to do RQs/side quests when pushing CE-FE map

Totally didn't take me a month. Nope. Totally on top of things.

LGLiNGK

Hi Uber

I am in CE and currently on the OF map. I know so far players cannot get above OF troops. However, in order to have gotten to the OF map one had to negotiate the entire AF map. Now looking at the OF quests, it has both peaceful and nonpeaceful quests similar to AF map. I know I will not be able to negotiate the entire questline while still in CE as some sectors are asking for promethium - so far one quest and I am on the quest "Two Agents" - and I only got like 300 as rewards from previous sectors. I know that new discoveries are being made with these story quests, so what's your advice on continuing on OF map. I want to continue but am not sure if to fight as this may potentially hinder chances of further progress - let's say in the future there comes the opportunity to get VF troops. Has anyone had any experience with this? thanks. Pardon me if this question was already answered.

UBERhelp1

Hi Uber

I am in CE and currently on the OF map. I know so far players cannot get above OF troops. However, in order to have gotten to the OF map one had to negotiate the entire AF map. Now looking at the OF quests, it has both peaceful and nonpeaceful quests similar to AF map. I know I will not be able to negotiate the entire questline while still in CE as some sectors are asking for promethium - so far one quest and I am on the quest "Two Agents" - and I only got like 300 as rewards from previous sectors. I know that new discoveries are being made with these story quests, so what's your advice on continuing on OF map. I want to continue but am not sure if to fight as this may potentially hinder chances of further progress - let's say in the future there comes the opportunity to get VF troops. Has anyone had any experience with this? thanks. Pardon me if this question was already answered.
You're fine negotiating or fighting in OF - you don't get different troops either way. You'll get some different quests, but that doesn't matter in terms of units.

Even if you didn't get tech blocked at the end of OF, you still can't get VF troops. Once you finish the questline (even in OF) you get a third RQ slot instead of the VF story. Only when you move up to VF does the story actually trigger. Unless there's some way to trick the game into thinking your city is in VF, you don't have to worry about missing out on anything higher than OF.

LGLiNGK

You're fine negotiating or fighting in OF - you don't get different troops either way. You'll get some different quests, but that doesn't matter in terms of units.

Even if you didn't get tech blocked at the end of OF, you still can't get VF troops. Once you finish the questline (even in OF) you get a third RQ slot instead of the VF story. Only when you move up to VF does the story actually trigger. Unless there's some way to trick the game into thinking your city is in VF, you don't have to worry about missing out on anything higher than OF.
Ok thank you very much. This helps

WillTreaty2

Hello, first off, thanks so much for this guide!! So far I just got the first two Turturrets in Indy and love them. Two more left to go! :)

Two quick questions, though. While waiting to get the last two, what have you found to be the best combination of units for auto battle? I've tried using 2 Turturrets, 2 rail guns, and 4 rouges. Attack 276%/238% However,The Turturrets still get damaged every dozen or so fights, as they tend to over extend themselves on autobattle. I know this will largely be fixed once I have all 4 Turturrets as then the firepower will be great enough that it doesn't matter, but until then is there any combination of troops that works better than what I have been doing?

Also, what is the most affective troop combination for auto battle on the OF map? I have been pretty successful doing manual battle, but haven't found something yet that works well consistenly for auto. I've been using 1 Hover/Eels w/7 rouges so far. Is there a better combination than that or am I on the right track with that? Thanks!

UBERhelp1

Hello, first off, thanks so much for this guide!! So far I just got the first two Turturrets in Indy and love them. Two more left to go! :)

Two quick questions, though. While waiting to get the last two, what have you found to be the best combination of units for auto battle? I've tried using 2 Turturrets, 2 rail guns, and 4 rouges. Attack 276%/238% However,The Turturrets still get damaged every dozen or so fights, as they tend to over extend themselves on autobattle. I know this will largely be fixed once I have all 4 Turturrets as then the firepower will be great enough that it doesn't matter, but until then is there any combination of troops that works better than what I have been doing?

Also, what is the most affective troop combination for auto battle on the OF map? I have been pretty successful doing manual battle, but haven't found something yet that works well consistenly for auto. I've been using 1 Hover/Eels w/7 rouges so far. Is there a better combination than that or am I on the right track with that? Thanks!
I can't speak for best units in InA (I only got hovers in PME).

On the map though, I'd be careful with 1 unit + 7 rogues because the cMap AI can (and does) attack your normal unit first. Some players rarely have had the battle not even start because their entire army got murdered so fast.

driller v2.0

does anyone know if it is ok to fight the sectors in Esan-Ewu? My goal is to get hover tanks in PME. I skipped the TE storyline and have negotiated all sectors in FE so far. I'm on the story quest of fresh water spring and want to make sure i can fight it (the guide indicates but doesn't seem to specifically state this is ok).

UBERhelp1

does anyone know if it is ok to fight the sectors in Esan-Ewu? My goal is to get hover tanks in PME. I skipped the TE storyline and have negotiated all sectors in FE so far. I'm on the story quest of fresh water spring and want to make sure i can fight it (the guide indicates but doesn't seem to specifically state this is ok).
As long as it isn't owned by Joy Danba, you're good. So in other words, yes you can fight it.

WillTreaty2

Okay, so I just noticed looking over the story quests that it seems like you can get 6 Turturetts in Industrial (2 from Map 2; 2 from Map 3; and 2 from map 6). Has it always been this way? I thought you could only get 4 Turturetts.

Edit: There actually appears to be more than 6 Turturetts possible to get. I'll wondering if I'm missing something or have I just been misinformed that you can only get 4.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Okay, so I just noticed looking over the story quests that it seems like you can get 6 Turturetts in Industrial (2 from Map 2; 2 from Map 3; and 2 from map 6). Has it always been this way? I thought you could only get 4 Turturetts.

Edit: There actually appears to be more than 6 Turturetts possible to get. I'll wondering if I'm missing something or have I just been misinformed that you can only get 4.
Afaik only 4, those extras might come from the story after you would get tech blocked.

WillTreaty2

Afaik only 4, those extras might come from the story after you would get tech blocked.

Oh, you are totally right. I just checked. For some reason I thought you had to go all the way to the end of the OF map to get the last two Turturetts. I'm relieved to know my journey is so much quicker. :) You do get tech-blocked shortly after OF Map Part 3.

KingJMobile

Some questions: when is the best time to abort Truth Or Dare? I'm in the middle of AF Map, and I know that the OF tech blocker is just after Part 2. And what happens once you abort Truth Or Dare? Do you have to do a Story quest to get the Rocket Artilleries, or will the next quests be available right after?

I don't care about the Rockets (though I would have them in my collection if possible); I just want that bloody quest slot back (lmao).