• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Ben Trovato

In Colonial, it's possible to get 6 IndA Riflemen not just 1. You get 1 from Cartwright's Cause, 2 from Towards Garrincton, and 3 from The Natives' Support (side quest).

UBERhelp1

In Colonial, it's possible to get 6 IndA Riflemen not just 1. You get 1 from Cartwright's Cause, 2 from Towards Garrincton, and 3 from The Natives' Support (side quest).
Is it possible to get "The Natives' Support" in CA? And if so how do you trigger it?

Ben Trovato

Is it possible to get "The Natives' Support" in CA? And if so how do you trigger it?
Yes. You have to have negotiated Okahe, but it didn't trigger for me until much later. I think I got it after Garrincton. I got the Guns for the Natives first. That's abortable, and I think you have to complete it to get The Native's Support afterwards.

It might be that I got it after I got the Progressive tanks and came back to do more of the Industrial map. Unfortunately I can't remember whether that's just because I ignored side quests and RQs while going for the higher age troops as fast as possible.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Yes. You have to have negotiated Okahe, but it didn't trigger for me until much later. I think I got it after Garrincton. I got the Guns for the Natives first. That's abortable, but I think you have to complete it to get The Native's Support afterwards.

It might be that I got it after I got the Progressive tanks and came back to do more of the Industrial map.
I think you're right about completing Guns for the Natives, but I'm just not sure how it triggers. You'd think it would trigger sometime when you are actually progressing through the InA story.

Stefanos 83163

Hi,
As previously described, I´m in InA, and now I´ve negotiated Agatar and need to proceed to PE to continue with the PME story quest line. Can somebody please describe more in detail, how this mechanism works to jump from "old story quest line" to the FE story line?
@UBERhelp1 you said I need to continue with the PME stody quest line - okay but what happens to overcome the technology blockage? Does the PME story quest becomes a side quest and suddenly the FE story starts additionally to the PME quest line? But when and how? What´s the reason for that?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hi,
As previously described, I´m in InA, and now I´ve negotiated Agatar and need to proceed to PE to continue with the PME story quest line. Can somebody please describe more in detail, how this mechanism works to jump from "old story quest line" to the FE story line?
@UBERhelp1 you said I need to continue with the PME stody quest line - okay but what happens to overcome the technology blockage? Does the PME story quest becomes a side quest and suddenly the FE story starts additionally to the PME quest line? But when and how? What´s the reason for that?
For some reason, at least in CE for sure, the story quests just suddenly switch to FE. You skip all the other story quests in between. I don't know why it does this.

As for when, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm hoping it can be done in InA or PE, but I'm not sure.

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide 100,000 Views!
Just recently, this guide has reached over 100,000 views. And in total, my guides here have reached over 225,000 views. That number is absolutely staggering to me. Throughout the past nearly 3 years (in August) of my playing this game, I'd never have imagined that I'd have written anything that would be viewed so many times. I've become more confident in my writing, and have been motivated to try to challenge myself more and more in my writing. I've pushed myself to write a collection of poetry (which is personal so no I won't post it) and shortly I will be starting work on a novel. And that wouldn't have happened without the support of all of you, reading these guides, commenting, liking, or PM-ing me at all times of the day (and night)! And despite the wrap this community can sometimes get, I've enjoyed every moment of it.

But I can't keep doing this, as much as I'd like to do so. I spend a lot of time researching for, writing, and maintaining these guides, and while views and likes and comments and just the feeling that I've helped some people are nice, it's getting harder for me to justify the work I put into these. In my life, I'm moving onto new opportunities, and I feel that I might have to do the same for my guides and content creation. What does this mean for this forum? Not too much. There's one more guide that will be coming out soon, which will be my final guide posted on this forum, but not my last guide written. I plan on eventually creating a website and/or YouTube channel where I will be better able to reach a wider audience, as well as explore more of my other interests, while possibly gaining some compensation for my effort.

That said, I will keep updating the guides I have posted here, answer questions, and respond to your feedback. Once again, thank you all for everything. I never would have gotten what I consider to be my start (see my signature :p) without you all. Forge on, and stay tuned!
-UBER​

Higher Age Units Guide v1.14
  • Over 100,000 views 6/28/2021!
  • Fixed some of the InA troop info (thanks again to @Ben Trovato)
  • Updated InA questline charts accordingly

Draqone

Does anyone have information what is the earliest age you can trigger the CE sidequests that reward units?

I am in IndA right now, I fought the first 3 provinces of the CE map. I arrived at Al-Shadyra, the first province of Abdul Alhazred, and I would love to get the CE units. Do I need to move to PE, ME or all the way up to PME to get those?

Also, do I need to negotiate with Abdulor can I fight his sectors?

The quests I am looking to trigger are:

Who's the Madman?
Mad Ideas
and
Mad Influence

UBERhelp1

Does anyone have information what is the earliest age you can trigger the CE sidequests that reward units?

I am in IndA right now, I fought the first 3 provinces of the CE map. I arrived at Al-Shadyra, the first province of Abdul Alhazred, and I would love to get the CE units. Do I need to move to PE, ME or all the way up to PME to get those?

Also, do I need to negotiate with Abdulor can I fight his sectors?

The quests I am looking to trigger are:

Who's the Madman?
Mad Ideas
and
Mad Influence
As far as I know, to trigger the CE side quests you have to be in at least ME for the attack helicopters. Past that, I'd say PME is needed.

And you only need to negotiate with the Sheik.

MEP3ABETC

Hi all, i`m in InA, all CE map except 2 provinces acqured (first 4 prov. by negotiation, other by force) Quest "Truth or dare" not completed/aborted. After conqering last CE prov. i got quest "Dictator`s death" instead reccuring quest. What i can to do next? Abort " Truth or dare" or complete "Dictator`s death" or scout "Salfah"(may be side quest with CE units appears) or nothing to do and scout/acquring cMap up to 2nd Damba`s province?
Sorry for my poor english, i`m russian

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hi all, i`m in InA, all CE map except 2 provinces accured (first 4 prov. by negotiation, other by force) Quest "Truth or dare" not competed/aborted. After conqering last CE prov. i got quest "Dictator`s death" instead reccuring quest. What i can to do next? Abort " Truth or dare" or complete "Dictator`s death" or scout "Salfah"(may be side quest with CE units appears) or nothing to do and scout/accuring cMap up to 2nd Damba`s province?
Sorry for my poor english, i`m russian
I think you can complete Dictator's Death. I don't think you should get the CE tech blocker quest if you skipped those two provinces.

The route that might be safer though is to not complete Dictator's Death until you take the first FE province, and then you might skip to the FE story. But then you miss the TE troops.

If you don't mind me asking though, how did you get past the PME tech blocker?

Stefanos 83163

Okay guys I´ve made it to jump to the FE story line being still in InA/PE, which should enable me to get hover tanks and further era troops already in this relatively early stage of the game. This is the way to get to this point:

1. Get the PME MG Team in InA (see this guide) as they are very helpful on the cMAP.
2. Start this strategy in an very early InA stage and develop technologies only when it is really really needed.
3. Proceed with to the PME story line until you reach "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?". Because of the story itself, this story quest becomes a side quest, which you need to keep open at all time from now on. This enables you to block the progress of the PME story and have the story quest slot open.
4. Continue with the tactics described in this guide to reach the FE cMap (including all the skipped sectors in CE and TE; including negotiate Agador).
5. Now you need to fill all other quest-slots (2x side quests (maybe recurring quests works also fine)) with the respective tasks, but you have to keep them open (don´t press the collect button)
6. Now complete one of the other side quests (not Truth or Dare!) and you get a new story quest from CE (Dictator's Death)
7. Complete Dictator´s Death and it brings you to the FE story quest: "Eyes Ahead". With this you´ve made it to the FE story line, which will opens you the door to all the crazy troops in FE, AF & OF!

Here are some comments, I experienced:
Re 2.: I had no InA technologies left and needed to proceed to PE, which now gives me enough technologies to get all the AF/OF troops
Re 4.: I developed the cMap to FE before point 3. So you can do point 4 also before point 3. Important is only, that you don´t complete "Truth or Dare" before being on the FE cMap.
Re 5.: I´m not sure, if you really need to fill all other slots, but I got this as a tipp from another player and just did it to be on the safe side.

Most important after all this: The quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" needs to stay open all the time (which takes one RQ slot). If you complete this quest, you will jump back to the PME story line!

UBERhelp1

Okay guys I´ve made it to jump to the FE story line being still in InA/PE, which should enable me to get hover tanks and further era troops already in this relatively early stage of the game. This is the way to get to this point:

1. Get the PME MG Team in InA (see this guide) as they are very helpful on the cMAP.
2. Start this strategy in an very early InA stage and develop technologies only when it is really really needed.
3. Proceed with to the PME story line until you reach "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?". Because of the story itself, this story quest becomes a side quest, which you need to keep open at all time from now on. This enables you to block the progress of the PME story and have the story quest slot open.
4. Continue with the tactics described in this guide to reach the FE cMap (including all the skipped sectors in CE and TE; including negotiate Agador).
5. Now you need to fill all other quest-slots (2x side quests (maybe recurring quests works also fine)) with the respective tasks, but you have to keep them open (don´t press the collect button)
6. Now complete one of the other side quests (not Truth or Dare!) and you get a new story quest from CE (Dictator's Death)
7. Complete Dictator´s Death and it brings you to the FE story quest: "Eyes Ahead". With this you´ve made it to the FE story line, which will opens you the door to all the crazy troops in FE, AF & OF!

Here are some comments, I experienced:
Re 2.: I had no InA technologies left and needed to proceed to PE, which now gives me enough technologies to get all the AF/OF troops
Re 4.: I developed the cMap to FE before point 3. So you can do point 4 also before point 3. Important is only, that you don´t complete "Truth or Dare" before being on the FE cMap.
Re 5.: I´m not sure, if you really need to fill all other slots, but I got this as a tipp from another player and just did it to be on the safe side.

Most important after all this: The quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" needs to stay open all the time (which takes one RQ slot). If you complete this quest, you will jump back to the PME story line!
ARGH I was so close to figuring this out. I was just off though :/

Thank you soooo much though for posting this. I'll have to write it up soon! I bet GBG is super easy lol!

MEP3ABETC

i`ll try it in InA, i have 21 techs lefted
I wonder what happens if "Dictator´s Death" done earlier than acquire FE 1st prov? Maybe TE quests appears?

Last edited:

Atokirina

ARGH I was so close to figuring this out. I was just off though :/

Thank you soooo much though for posting this. I'll have to write it up soon! I bet GBG is super easy lol!
Will this also lower the needed amounts of techs in the Postmodern era to get Hovertanks.