• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

JaketheBear3

I been taking provs on the PME map, staying with storyline... now it wants me to take more prov's and the scout is gone from the map.
I had a Prov on InA map half taken, I finished it. I got lots to scout on the InA map, along with los pinas but none still on PME?

Should I keep taking the INA map to get the scout back?

I did something like this on the PME map just last week in different world, and it kicked me into the PME storyline :(
Don't want that again

Currently on "There is More" quest, with 2 RQ slots open

Any Advice Appreciated

Last edited:

KingJMobile

I been taking provs on the PME map, staying with storyline... now it wants me to take more prov's and the scout is gone from the map.
I had a Prov on InA map half taken, I finished it. I got lots to scout on the InA map, along with los pinas but none still on PME?

Should I keep taking the INA map to get the scout back?

I did something like this on the PME map just last week in different world, and it kicked me into the PME storyline :(
Don't want that again

Currently on "There is More" quest, with 2 RQ slots open

Any Advice Appreciated
You'll have to scout the other part of the PME Map. So if you acquired the northern part of the PME Map, you'll have to take the southern province owned by Che (you can fight or negotiate that) and scout and take the province above that. It's vice versa if you acquired the southern part instead.

About the quests: you're safe now; you should just follow the story until you get the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare". That is when you should set your recurring quests to those you won't complete by accident (such as Unbirthday Party and produce whatever from production buildings).

By the way, what happened in your other world? Are you tech blocked or can you not find what provinces you have to take?

JaketheBear3

Yes, I am tech blocked at the moment with other city.
" The End Of This Chapter" SQ

I will have to go back to InA map, since I can't get the scout to appear in PME map....

In Part 3 > Section PME > To get 5 MG teams: it states: Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)

Once I have all MG teams, is it ok to take both Provinces of Che to get the scout back ?
That is what I did last week and I felt it kicked my storyline back to PME, I could have done something wrong prior to that.... but

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Yes, I am tech blocked at the moment with other city.
" The End Of This Chapter" SQ

I will have to go back to InA map, since I can't get the scout to appear in PME map....

In Part 3 > Section PME > To get 5 MG teams: it states: Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)

Once I have all MG teams, is it ok to take both Provinces of Che to get the scout back ?
That is what I did last week and I felt it kicked my storyline back to PME, I could have done something wrong prior to that.... but
What do you mean it kicked the storyline back to PME? If you're following the story, it should be the PME story. As KingJ said though, you have to take the other side. And once you have the units from one side, you have to take the other.

JaketheBear3

Other world is blocked.... to continue on by tech tree'ing to PME, should I just blast all the way to the end of PME to collect the story quest skipping all techs I can on the way?

Are hovers in PME anywhere close to the fun they are in InA?

KingJMobile

Other world is blocked.... to continue on by tech tree'ing to PME, should I just blast all the way to the end of PME to collect the story quest skipping all techs I can on the way?

Are hovers in PME anywhere close to the fun they are in InA?
Yes, you should definitely skip as many techs as possible up to PME. You can save 5 techs between PE and PME, which should be sufficient to get you Hovers. (Unfortunately Turtles will have to be done in CE).

I reckon Hovers are still very strong in PME. Sure you have Commandos who hide in trees and MGs who sometimes retaliate against your Hovers, but you can still auto-battle maybe x1.5~2 your own attack and defense boost with quite a good number of fights before your hovers suffer damage.

Apart from tougher PvP Arena, and lower GBG attrition and likelier chances of people also having Hovers in PME, it’s still easy autobattle for the most part :)

jeffj2

To be very clear

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - to all contributors of this guide.
Thank you @KingJMobile and @UBERhelp1 for your help while I worked through all the quests. I have achieved all the troops including the O.F. turturrets (and others). It seems the hovers are still a good choice in GBG. Along the way I collected the town expansions too....which are a nice bonus.

I have 400/400 att/def and am still in Progressive with 7 techs left. This should be a lot of fun doing "god-mode" in GBG for a few months.
I will now finally abort "Truth or Dare"...I was always careful not to!

jalepeno04654

Question: after having gotten all desired units and reached the tech blocker, is there any reason NOT to finish the OF map? I'm seeing 3 more expansions. Or would I be sacrificing diamonds by not keeping the map progress aligned with the story?

Also, how far can I keep going on cMap while still in InA? Just OF, or VF and beyond?

KingJMobile

Question: after having gotten all desired units and reached the tech blocker, is there any reason NOT to finish the OF map? I'm seeing 3 more expansions. Or would I be sacrificing diamonds by not keeping the map progress aligned with the story?

Also, how far can I keep going on cMap while still in InA? Just OF, or VF and beyond?
Yes, definitely finish OF and VF for expansions. If you haven’t, check out my guide on how to do that. (VF is not totally complete). The Space Ages get much more demanding however, and only offers one expansion per age, so VF is definitely a checkpoint.

weak peasant

Just want to say, Thank you so much Uber!!!. Also MooingCat - marvelous job on your mooingcatguides/higherAgeUnits website, Du bist ganz toll!! This made it simple to follow the quests. :D

Both of your guides helped me get all of the higher Age units while still in Industrial Age and I also completed all expansions through VF Map. Enjoying GBG so much now! Thank you!

Katowiczanin

Hello, I have a question about Tomorrow Era map. Is it possible to acquire all Tomorrow Era units while in InA if you complete or abandon an RQ while scouting the first province of TE map? I am looking for a way to get Microwave Blaster in InA since I have not enough spare tech to get the Turturrets.

Will it be possible to get 'The Slick Businessman' and 'Business Proposals' quests while still in Industrial Era?

UBERhelp1

Hello, I have a question about Tomorrow Era map. Is it possible to acquire all Tomorrow Era units while in InA if you complete or abandon an RQ while scouting the first province of TE map? I am looking for a way to get Microwave Blaster in InA since I have not enough spare tech to get the Turturrets.

Will it be possible to get 'The Slick Businessman' and 'Business Proposals' quests while still in Industrial Era?
Unfortunately you can't. If you need more techs though, you could move up to PE when you run out.

Katowiczanin

Unfortunately you can't. If you need more techs though, you could move up to PE when you run out.
Hmmm, is it worth it to age up to PE for Turturrets and the rest of OF troops? From what I've heard ages above InA are much harder than before. I currently have only 415/292 Attack/Defense bonus for my attack army and I am worried it might be not enough for GBG and GE.

And out of curiosity, so what happens when you finish/abandon RQ while fighting through Torrinhos on TE map? I remember that someone on wikia said that it resets the questline for TE. Will it bring in the CE tech blockade or just won't do anything at all?

Thanks for the answer!

UBERhelp1

Hmmm, is it worth it to age up to PE for Turturrets and the rest of OF troops? From what I've heard ages above InA are much harder than before. I currently have only 415/292 Attack/Defense bonus for my attack army and I am worried it might be not enough for GBG and GE.

And out of curiosity, so what happens when you finish/abandon RQ while fighting through Torrinhos on TE map? I remember that someone on wikia said that it resets the questline for TE. Will it bring in the CE tech blockade or just won't do anything at all?

Thanks for the answer!
Well, if you have higher age troops the difficulty of fighting at your age won't matter as much :p

Aborting an RQ should be fine, the questline won't reappear until you are around Rio Roxo though, from what I know.

Katowiczanin

Well, if you have higher age troops the difficulty of fighting at your age won't matter as much :p

Aborting an RQ should be fine, the questline won't reappear until you are around Rio Roxo though, from what I know.
I'll try it then. Do you you know if there is any tech blocker in CE other that the one that appears when you scout the two forbidden provinces or any optional tech blocker in TE?

UBERhelp1

I'll try it then. Do you you know if there is any tech blocker in CE other that the one that appears when you scout the two forbidden provinces or any optional tech blocker in TE?
That's the only CE blocker. Past that, the only other blocker you'll run into is the one in OF.

The only reason to stay in InA is because just how broken combination of 4 Turts+2 Rail Guns+2 Rogues) are, Lancers often need 3 turns to attack you, whereas Turts can just attack them up faraway, taking lots of damage in process. Also due to AI often group them up together, the damage are also spread to others very easily. Rail Guns obliterate surviving Lancers. Jaegers won't stand a chance as well due to Turts and Rail Gun ability+bonus attack against them. The Rogues on the other hand are good fodder to distract the enemy.
Even with just 400% boost on attack, you can easily auto in GBG like crazy until 60 attrition, and with manual fight, get into 110 attrition. That's just how broken this combination is in InA.
Thank you all and especially UBER for helping many players with strategies like this!