• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Hi UBER
I'm doing your amazing tactic getting Hovers in InA but while on the middle i can't get any CE side quests that gives CE troops, i did skipping that 2 CE provinces and get "Dictator's Death" Story Quest(not complete it yet because i still on TE map) while "Your Choice" still active, do you know how to get them?

UBERhelp1

Hi UBER
I'm doing your amazing tactic getting Hovers in InA but while on the middle i can't get any CE side quests that gives CE troops, i did skipping that 2 CE provinces and get "Dictator's Death" Story Quest(not complete it yet because i still on TE map) while "Your Choice" still active, do you know how to get them?
Huh. I'd have thought they triggered off the CE questline being completed. There might be an age limit for them?

Has anyone with hovers in InA triggered the CE quests?

Huh. I'd have thought they triggered off the CE questline being completed. There might be an age limit for them?

My theory is that i have to follow CE story quests (risking to complete Dictator's Death but not to complete them fully by letting Dictator's Defeat on until completion of FE 1st map) to get these CE side quests that gives CE units (they help a lot on TE and FE map).

I deliberately explore one of Alhazred's province (Suqqah) hoping to get CE side quests but they didn't trigger at all (Not completing Dictator's Death story).

I'll try this on another world, as in my world where i do this i only had 2 InA techs left (Hovers are much better anyway).

Ben Trovato

It might be possible when using the IndA strategy in a higher age such as ME to trigger the side quest by aborting an RQ when you reach Dictators Death. I tried it in IndA without success.

It's a pity, because fighting the last province of the TE map and through the Future Map is quite tough using the MG Teams. If your attack bonuses aren't up to it (at least 400/400) you might need to start negotiating while part the way through the FE map until you get the Drone Swarm, as well as negotiating Agadar. While the swarms aren't great, they are better in manual fighting than the MG Teams.

TreeMan3210

Hi UBER

Exactly like Yohanes I did not get the CE side quests, and fought all the way to hovers using MG teams. If I now think about it, I actually did not get any side quests higher than Postmodern. Can this be related to the open "Truth or dare" quest?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Exactly like Yohanes I did not get the CE side quests, and fought all the way to hovers using MG teams. If I now think about it, I actually did not get any side quests higher than Postmodern. Can this be related to the open "Truth or dare" quest?
No. Most likely it's just that there's an age-related trigger for the quests. You're too low an age to trigger the quests.

weak peasant

Hi Uber - I'm confused by what you wrote for LMA. For example, I got the two musketeers as a reward from the story quest (fight for freedom), not the bonus questline with Princess Myciena. Also, in looking at the wiki and going through the bonus questline, I only receive 2 grenadiers, which is confirmed as the only possible CA troop rewards in wiki.

Where are you getting these 3 other grenadiers and 2 field guns from? Also the LMA bonus questline (Princess Myciena) apparently has a blocker with "Ludwig is back!", asking to recruit colonial age troops. How do you recruit colonial troops in LMA? Thanks for the help!

UBERhelp1

Hi Uber - I'm confused by what you wrote for LMA. For example, I got the two musketeers as a reward from the story quest (fight for freedom), not the bonus questline with Princess Myciena. Also, in looking at the wiki and going through the bonus questline, I only receive 2 grenadiers, which is confirmed as the only possible CA troop rewards in wiki.

Where are you getting these 3 other grenadiers and 2 field guns from? Also the LMA bonus questline (Princess Myciena) apparently has a blocker with "Ludwig is back!", asking to recruit colonial age troops. How do you recruit colonial troops in LMA? Thanks for the help!
I don't really have time to look into this now, but way back when I went through the LMA bonus questline I got all those troops as I documented it.

And for Ludwig is Back you can recruit LMA troops. Read it again. I'll look into this more later when I have the time, so sorry for this quick response!

weak peasant

I just tried recruiting through my Alcatraz (with LMA troops) and it worked! Thank you Uber!

I guess the quest (Ludwig is Back!) asked for CA troops but will accept LMA troops, weird.

UBERhelp1

I just tried recruiting through my Alcatraz (with LMA troops) and it worked! Thank you Uber!

I guess the quest (Ludwig is Back!) asked for CA troops but will accept LMA troops, weird.
It doesn't ask only for CA troops. It asks for either 2 Imperial Guards, 2 Musketeers, 2 Rangers or 2 Jaeger Infantry. The Imperial Guards are LMA troops, so if you get those then you can complete the quest. :)

ant..

What do you have to do to get to Grand Gap? I keep doing provinces all around it but the scout never goes there.

UBERhelp1

What do you have to do to get to Grand Gap? I keep doing provinces all around it but the scout never goes there.
You have to get all the provinces around it so that it's completely surrounded before you can actually scout it

ant..

I took Grand Gap and still no bonus quest. For that matter, till just one RQ. Do you have to reach a certain point on the tree?

UBERhelp1

I took Grand Gap and still no bonus quest. For that matter, till just one RQ. Do you have to reach a certain point on the tree?
Wait turns out I'm wrong about GG. You don't take it to trigger it. Where are you on the story quests? You should complete a story quest called "The Damsel" and scouting out Ravens Creek, and then eventually you'll get to the bonus questline.

I'm going to have to edit that section soon... sorry!

ant..

Wait turns out I'm wrong about GG. You don't take it to trigger it. Where are you on the story quests? You should complete a story quest called "The Damsel" and scouting out Ravens Creek, and then eventually you'll get to the bonus questline.

I'm going to have to edit that section soon... sorry!
I'm at "Beware the Wizard". I'm three techs away from the Tower Ruins.

ant..

okay, i complete "The Fair Maiden", last LMA quest. That gave me my second RQ. I deleted an RQ and got the side quest "A Princess's Gratitude". Completing it produced the bonus questline. whew!

UBERhelp1

okay, i complete "The Fair Maiden", last LMA quest. That gave me my second RQ. I deleted an RQ and got the side quest "A Princess's Gratitude". Completing it produced the bonus questline. whew!
Enjoy!

[EDIT] 500th post! You all are crazy!

Last edited: