• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Some questions: when is the best time to abort Truth Or Dare? I'm in the middle of AF Map, and I know that the OF tech blocker is just after Part 2. And what happens once you abort Truth Or Dare? Do you have to do a Story quest to get the Rocket Artilleries, or will the next quests be available right after?

I don't care about the Rockets (though I would have them in my collection if possible); I just want that bloody quest slot back (lmao).
The best time to abort it would be after getting all the troops you can. There's no real good point, as long as it's before Persuasion in OF. It should work like this:

Abort/complete ToD > Complete current story quest > get quest after ToD depending on whether aborted/completed. If you haven't completed the "pay" section of the quest yet you'll be able to get the Rocket Artillery by aborting it. If you can't abort it and have to complete it, then you're not getting the artillery. I'm going to add a small blurb on that to the guide soon.

Warcoss

Can I negotiate while in InA to the MG? Someone told me there are some sectors I need to fight.. but your guide seems like it’s doable through nego

UBERhelp1

Can I negotiate while in InA to the MG? Someone told me there are some sectors I need to fight.. but your guide seems like it’s doable through nego
Technically you can negotiate. You'll miss some troops in ME if you negotiate only. Personally, I would recommend fighting if possible. It saves you a lot of goods.

KingJMobile

The best time to abort it would be after getting all the troops you can. There's no real good point, as long as it's before Persuasion in OF. It should work like this:

Abort/complete ToD > Complete current story quest > get quest after ToD depending on whether aborted/completed. If you haven't completed the "pay" section of the quest yet you'll be able to get the Rocket Artillery by aborting it. If you can't abort it and have to complete it, then you're not getting the artillery. I'm going to add a small blurb on that to the guide soon.

Okay thanks. So the side quest slot is basically freed after completing/aborting it I’m assuming. And then the story jumps to the unit/diamond quest and then the tech blocker.

Warcoss

Technically you can negotiate. You'll miss some troops in ME if you negotiate only. Personally, I would recommend fighting if possible. It saves you a lot of goods.
One last question, what attack do you think is needed to do GE4 with MG while in indy? been debating getting them for my wishing well farms, so not very much attack, so seeing what I may need at minimum

UBERhelp1

One last question, what attack do you think is needed to do GE4 with MG while in indy? been debating getting them for my wishing well farms, so not very much attack, so seeing what I may need at minimum
I have no idea. My best guess would be around 100/100, but I'd try to start with no boost and add more until you are happy with it. If you're able to wait for the MG teams to heal, that would factor in as well, but if you're trying to rush it in one day you might need a higher boost to compensate for taking damage.

UBERhelp1

A couple more small fixes.

Higher Age Units Guide v2.03
  • Some small fixes for Part 4
  • Added blurb about receiving CE helicopters in ME

ElfkaDaria

Hi guys! I wanted to get as many high level troops being in PME but I am stuck at this part from the guide:
"The CE story will ask you to scout one of the skipped provinces, but this is fine. Just don't take it!"
I can't abort it tho. The quest line reads "Sheikh over". Is there some way to fix this?

UBERhelp1

Hi guys! I wanted to get as many high level troops being in PME but I am stuck at this part from the guide:
"The CE story will ask you to scout one of the skipped provinces, but this is fine. Just don't take it!"
I can't abort it tho. The quest line reads "Sheikh over". Is there some way to fix this?
You're ok completing that quest. You can scout the one of those skipped provinces. Just don't take that province after scouting it.

UBERhelp1

More small fixes. I'm trying to work on updating the guide as soon as possible rather than waiting for more stuff to put into an update. I figure even though it bloats the version number, I'd rather have more up-to-date info rather than better version numbers :p

Higher Age Units Guide v2.04
  • Fixed Combination Route info for AF troop info (Thanks to @Elrohiir)
  • Added @Elrohiir to the Awesome People list (thanks!)

Maryjomaryjo

Thank you Uberhelp1 for taking the huge amount of time to do this …I’m im PME and get giddy just thinking about having those hovers for my battles ….i have 4 tech available and I’m thinking about using diamonds to move through scouting so I can go back to my story line and RQ sooner is this what most do?

UBERhelp1

Thank you Uberhelp1 for taking the huge amount of time to do this …I’m im PME and get giddy just thinking about having those hovers for my battles ….i have 4 tech available and I’m thinking about using diamonds to move through scouting so I can go back to my story line and RQ sooner is this what most do?
If you want to use diamonds you can. I used diamonds to speed up scouting myself, but I had a decent number of diamonds at the time and didn't mind spending them.

xivarmy

Ok... so some more information regarding TE story from a friend's oopsie:

They had fully taken Rio Roxo before trying to restart story and it failed to restart at that point.

If you miss out on the quest "Meet Miguel Mantos", the 2nd half of the TE story will not spawn (so far at least - they're not fully through TE map). You can still get the 2 combat drones from Bajatai - story did show back up briefly upon scouting that. But as far as has been seen so far, they were unable to restart story going north.

So if you want any TE troops other than the 2 combat drones from Bajatai, it seems to be necessary to restart TE story before conquering Rio Roxo (and since after scouting Rio Roxo seems to be the earliest opportunity, that's a small window).

But it also may offer the option for people going the saving a tech route to get the 2 combat drones to fight FE with. (But not the stealth tanks since they come from Falsa Cruz).

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Ok... so some more information regarding TE story from a friend's oopsie:

They had fully taken Rio Roxo before trying to restart story and it failed to restart at that point.

If you miss out on the quest "Meet Miguel Mantos", the 2nd half of the TE story will not spawn (so far at least - they're not fully through TE map). You can still get the 2 combat drones from Bajatai - story did show back up briefly upon scouting that. But as far as has been seen so far, they were unable to restart story going north.

So if you want any TE troops other than the 2 combat drones from Bajatai, it seems to be necessary to restart TE story before conquering Rio Roxo (and since after scouting Rio Roxo seems to be the earliest opportunity, that's a small window).

But it also may offer the option for people going the saving a tech route to get the 2 combat drones to fight FE with. (But not the stealth tanks since they come from Falsa Cruz).
What do you mean trying to restart the story? And it is possible to get TE troops besides the drones other than before taking Rio Roxo? If so that means you can't go back from other ages to get anything other than the drones.

xivarmy

What do you mean trying to restart the story? And it is possible to get TE troops besides the drones other than before taking Rio Roxo? If so that means you can't go back from other ages to get anything other than the drones.

As far as I can tell so far, you can't get TE story after you've taken rio roxo without having gotten story yet. (with the exception of the short arc in Bajatai).

Story can't resume at any old quest - there's specific points in CE+ where it'll resume without another prerequisite quest - but most quests do still also have another quest as prerequisite I think.

"Meet Miguel Mantos" (or something after it) seems so far to be a prereq for all the northern chain of the story; it also seems like it & "An Old Acquaintance" are the only two quests without a quest prereq in TE. So 2 Combat Drones may be all you can get in TE if you skipped story (but you can get those 2 combat drones before you get to FE map at least if doing so).

Last edited:

Warcoss

If I accidentally trigger the InA bonus does it really matter for getting the troops? I don’t care too much about the RQ slot, but will it affect higher age troop acquisition?

xivarmy

If I accidentally trigger the InA bonus does it really matter for getting the troops? I don’t care too much about the RQ slot, but will it affect higher age troop acquisition?

It won't cause an issue - but it'd be more comfortable if you didn't. It's also useful to leave some old sectors uncleared for when story tells you to "negotiate a sector" in higher age story. Which is easier in the "don't trigger the bonus" pathway.

But you'll have 1 of the 3 slots available to be clogged up by a bonus line if you must. (1 held by truth or dare, 1 held by story or side/rq that you abort to get story)

You can also finish industrial bonus while going for the higher troops in industrial pretty easily. There's only 1 tech you (probably) won't be taking almost immediately anyways to get to Police Stations in PE story that it requires: "Modern Roads" - which you could do on one of the first "any" tech requirements in ME+.

FluffyPhoenix

I've gone so long with no CF luck that the reward payouts on maps are starting to become on-par with their scouting costs, which isn't including the sectors themselves. Seems CE starts to reward more than it costs to scout, so with me nearing the end of ME, that'll be nice.

Watch me get a CF and VP blueprint tonight.