• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Ben Trovato

Is "Old Acquaintance" a story quest? Exoskeletons are not as cool as hovers, of course, but I would not mind Exos in Colonial, lol. But... if the only way to get FE (or even TE troops) is via story quest, then my hope for those troops while I am in CA is that I can trigger a story quest to take one of my RQs, something only reported for folk in Indy and above.
My theory is, it depends which sector you scout first in the Taking Botuku quest. If you scout Kalayube first, you'll get Old Acquaintance. I've asked quite a few friends and so far nobody has a counter-example.

There's a blocker in Progressive that I don't think anyone has found a way past yet. You need Police Stations to progress the story.

It's possible to get ME/TE units from side quests, but as far as I know these simply don't trigger in CA. I tried to trigger the ME quest Rin Gozen's Warriors when in CA, but it didn't come up.

UBERhelp1

Nice guide. But burying the "don't complete Your Choice: Truth or Dare " near the end of the guide is useless. That tip should be moved earlier into the guide where the person will be doing the Progressive tree.
You don't get the quest in PE. You get it in PME. I put the bit about Truth or Dare at the spot where I talk about what you need to do to skip the PME blocker.

I have a question about #5 in your guide, Spoiler: YES to TE troops. It says to actually complete Truth or Dare. Is this a typo? If not, is it also possible to abort Truth or Dare instead of completing it?

UBERhelp1

I have a question about #5 in your guide, Spoiler: YES to TE troops. It says to actually complete Truth or Dare. Is this a typo? If not, is it also possible to abort Truth or Dare instead of completing it?
Oh no! That's a pretty bad typo. DO NOT complete/abort Truth or Dare or you'll be stuck on the PME story. Thanks for catching that! I'll have it fixed as soon as I can

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v2.05
  • Fixed TE Troop information (hopefully, thanks to @KingJMobile)
  • Added @KingJMobile to the Awesome People list (thanks!)
  • Some minor (and major) fixes
  • Added part to Introduction to read through an entire section before following the guide to reduce mistakes
  • Updated cMap screenshots, now custom labeled maps rather than basic screenshots
  • Per above, added map to FE to know which provinces are Danba's

In other news, coming soon are a map for AF, an updated InA flowchart that's actually on one image instead of multiple, and could Part 6 actually be coming soon? We shall see.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 There appears to be a major error in your guide. Part 4 has been written twice and you seem to be missing out on Part 5 about AF and OF Troops. Or am I reading this incorrectly...

King BunBun

I used the guide once and everything went as planned. Had the OF, AF and FE units in CE after learning about it. In another world I messed up in InA and was forced to go to PmE to keep going. Now after skipping TE quests and going to the hovers, I am worried something isn't right. I want to go back now and do the TE quests. The next quest is AF, The Island. I did two of the 3 skipped provinces on the TE cMap and now scared to do anything else. Advice please?

UBERhelp1

I used the guide once and everything went as planned. Had the OF, AF and FE units in CE after learning about it. In another world I messed up in InA and was forced to go to PmE to keep going. Now after skipping TE quests and going to the hovers, I am worried something isn't right. I want to go back now and do the TE quests. The next quest is AF, The Island. I did two of the 3 skipped provinces on the TE cMap and now scared to do anything else. Advice please?
Have you advanced the story at all?

UBERhelp1

No, I stayed still on everything. The story quest I'm on is The Island which is AF, right?
Yes, that quest is AF. Try advancing the story a little. If you triggered the TE story successfully, your next story quest will be TE. It doesn't change the quest you are currently on.

KeenWise

My theory is, it depends which sector you scout first in the Taking Botuku quest. If you scout Kalayube first, you'll get Old Acquaintance. I've asked quite a few friends and so far nobody has a counter-example.

There's a blocker in Progressive that I don't think anyone has found a way past yet. You need Police Stations to progress the story.

It's possible to get ME/TE units from side quests, but as far as I know these simply don't trigger in CA. I tried to trigger the ME quest Rin Gozen's Warriors when in CA, but it didn't come up.
Thanks, Ben. I have come so far in CA... :) Makes me wonder whether I should just go for broke and stay in CA on this world. At best I will find some undiscovered trigger maybe on one of the Futures. At worst, I will have a kick ass CA world, that I eventually let grow into a very fat wells farm. Either way if I am still playing when the next world opens, lol, make that one my "do the guide the way it is written" world. :)

King BunBun

Yes, that quest is AF. Try advancing the story a little. If you triggered the TE story successfully, your next story quest will be TE. It doesn't change the quest you are currently on.
OK, it went to FE, An Old Acquaintance, 3 Exo. Then to TE The Drug Lord, 2 Combat Drone. Thank You!!

BadDR

Well, I finally flamed out. I thought accidentally hitting "abort" on the Truth or Dare quest would happen sooner but it happened today. I made it through part 2 of the OF map, which is really pretty good. I want to thank everyone here for all their help, and especially UBERhelp1. It was a lot of work, but those Hover Tanks have already earned me thousands of extra FPs in GBG.

UBERhelp1

Well, I finally flamed out. I thought accidentally hitting "abort" on the Truth or Dare quest would happen sooner but it happened today. I made it through part 2 of the OF map, which is really pretty good. I want to thank everyone here for all their help, and especially UBERhelp1. It was a lot of work, but those Hover Tanks have already earned me thousands of extra FPs in GBG.
I'm glad to hear it! And, once you age up to PME, you should still be able to get the rest of OF

Kaidi

I'm in Indy. I have two provinces left on the CE map. I have 4 techs left. Is that enough to get both Stealth Tanks and Hover Tanks while in Indy? (I'll age up to PE probably during the next event, and finish the AF/OF stuff.)

For some reason, I didn't think that CE had a tech at all, and I thought FE had 3 before hovers and one after hovers, but it re-reading stuff today, that's not the case. I'm way confuzzled at this point.

xivarmy

I'm in Indy. I have two provinces left on the CE map. I have 4 techs left. Is that enough to get both Stealth Tanks and Hover Tanks while in Indy? (I'll age up to PE probably during the next event, and finish the AF/OF stuff.)

For some reason, I didn't think that CE had a tech at all, and I thought FE had 3 before hovers and one after hovers, but it re-reading stuff today, that's not the case. I'm way confuzzled at this point.

CE story needs to be skipped because it has a block at the end, which is why it doesn't have a tech (because you just don't get the quest). You might not be going any further until CE by the sounds of things (if you get King of the Desert you can't clear it til CE).

TE story is 1 tech if you do it; but it is an option to skip the whole thing and save a tech.

FE story is 2 before and 1 after. Unless you fight ahead then you might wind up with 3 before.

UBERhelp1

As @xivarmy explained, if you've taken Suqqah and Salfah, you won't be able to get past the CE story until you age up to CE.

Long story short, if you saved Suqqah and Salfah, you'll be able to get hovers (assuming your story is at PME, if your story is anything lower, probably not because of tech requirements)

Kaidi

As @xivarmy explained, if you've taken Suqqah and Salfah, you won't be able to get past the CE story until you age up to CE.

Long story short, if you saved Suqqah and Salfah, you'll be able to get hovers (assuming your story is at PME, if your story is anything lower, probably not because of tech requirements)

I did save them. (By "two provinces left" I meant the last two I'm supposed to take.) I have Truth or Dare up.

I think I just misread the table in the first post, with the tech list and it threw me off. Since I have 4 left and am in Indy, I should be able to get both Stealth Tanks and Hovers. I didn't want to go for Stealth Tanks and end up short of tech for Hovers. (I guess I can just scout the first TE province and see what happens. :p)

Thanks!