• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

KingJMobile

So I’m at a bit of a loss. I just finished the PME map and am holding on to “your choice.” I’ve moved on to the CE map, but for the life of me I can’t get the CE story to trigger… thoughts?
I think you can trigger the CE story by scouting the first CE province and aborting a RQ but that will cost you a CE tech blocker at the end. I’m not sure about getting CE units though as they actually come from side quests.

Most people just skip CE units anyway. I might just try it in my second world where I want to just age up.

Benjamin hargrave

I think you can trigger the CE story by scouting the first CE province and aborting a RQ but that will cost you a CE tech blocker at the end. I’m not sure about getting CE units though as they actually come from side quests.

Most people just skip CE units anyway. I might just try it in my second world where I want to just age up.
So I should be able to just skip through CE and TE? How do I trigger the FE story once I’m there?

UBERhelp1

So I’m at a bit of a loss. I just finished the PME map and am holding on to “your choice.” I’ve moved on to the CE map, but for the life of me I can’t get the CE story to trigger… thoughts?
I'm assuming you're not in PME, but in an age lower than it. In that case, you won't trigger the CE story. Don't try to. Simply push to the first province of the FE map, complete a side or recurring quest that isn't Truth or Dare, and then you should get one CE quest and then it'll skip to the FE story after.

Helix the Humble

Yes, since that would take you to the CE map. I have a note to put in the RQ thing, but I just haven't been able to get around to it yet. Sorry :(
I very much appreciate what you have done. It is hard to capture every detail. But I admit this one got me. I did not understand that I should not do RQs in the CE map. But I did not get any story quests while on that map. I scouted and took the first province in the TE map, then completed a RQ (again because I did not realize), and got a CE story quest: Dictator's Death. I had planned to skip the TE troops, but after I got this quest, I determined that I had inadvertently set myself on the path to get them. So I completed that quest, and got my RQ slot back right away.

So now I am not sure what I should do. I have taken Torrinhos, Itabaral, and Villariba. I am currently scouting Rio Roxo. Since the story quest went away, I am not sure if I should proceed to skip TE provinces (and not do any more quests) like I was not going for TE troops, or if I should take all the TE provinces, and DO my RQs until the TE story picks up? And if I do that, should I back up and take the provinces I already skipped? Or take them once the TE story asks me to?

I dont care about the TE troops... I just want my Hovers! (as do we all. LOL). Thanks again for the guide and any advice.

KingJMobile

So now I am not sure what I should do. I have taken Torrinhos, Itabaral, and Villariba. I am currently scouting Rio Roxo. Since the story quest went away, I am not sure if I should proceed to skip TE provinces (and not do any more quests) like I was not going for TE troops, or if I should take all the TE provinces, and DO my RQs until the TE story picks up? And if I do that, should I back up and take the provinces I already skipped? Or take them once the TE story asks me to?
The TE Story starts after you finish scouting Rio Roxo, which starts on the quest "Meet Miguel Mantos". I'm not sure if you can avoid it in any way. The Story after that continues like normal, so you can still get your Hovers.

UBERhelp1

I very much appreciate what you have done. It is hard to capture every detail. But I admit this one got me. I did not understand that I should not do RQs in the CE map. But I did not get any story quests while on that map. I scouted and took the first province in the TE map, then completed a RQ (again because I did not realize), and got a CE story quest: Dictator's Death. I had planned to skip the TE troops, but after I got this quest, I determined that I had inadvertently set myself on the path to get them. So I completed that quest, and got my RQ slot back right away.

I dont care about the TE troops... I just want my Hovers! (as do we all. LOL). Thanks again for the guide and any advice.
You didn't have to go for TE troops after the one CE quest, but if you're committed now, then just keep going on the TE map and abort/complete RQs as you do. As said above, you should get the story back with Rio Roxo.

Helix the Humble

You didn't have to go for TE troops after the one CE quest, but if you're committed now, then just keep going on the TE map and abort/complete RQs as you do. As said above, you should get the story back with Rio Roxo.
Thank you for your reply. That is what I thought. And just so I am sure I understand... I need to take ALL TE provinces when I go for TE troops? Or do I still skip the 3 provinces as indicated on the TE map in the guide?

UBERhelp1

Thank you for your reply. That is what I thought. And just so I am sure I understand... I need to take ALL TE provinces when I go for TE troops? Or do I still skip the 3 provinces as indicated on the TE map in the guide?
If you're going for TE troops, you have to take all of them.

Benjamin hargrave

I’m aiming for the OF troops in InA. Right now I’m making my way through the TE cMap but looking ahead and trying to plan.

if I negotiate all of the AF region, will it cost me any researches? Is there a way to avoid using one of my remaining research’s on AF and only aim for OF?

UBERhelp1

I’m aiming for the OF troops in InA. Right now I’m making my way through the TE cMap but looking ahead and trying to plan.

if I negotiate all of the AF region, will it cost me any researches? Is there a way to avoid using one of my remaining research’s on AF and only aim for OF?
If you want to skip the AF story, no you can not do that.

To see the AF story tech requirements see Part 5. The combination route especially shows you how to get all the troops for only four techs (the minimum needed for AF).

Agnyshastra

I've recieved my hovers successfully thanks to your guide. I am grateful to you :)

Now I want to get the TE troops. Your guide says:

If you chose to skip over the TE questline to go for Hover Tanks first and want to go back to receive TE troops, you can do so. After finishing the FE storyline (or further, as long as you do not reach the quest Persuasion in OF that will tech block you), scout and take the first skipped province in TE, and the questline should jump to TE. Take the remaining TE skipped provinces as well and complete the questline. You will get the units described in the paragraph above.

Which province are you talking about? Also do I have to just scout it or even conquer?

UBERhelp1

I've recieved my hovers successfully thanks to your guide. I am grateful to you :)

Now I want to get the TE troops. Your guide says:

Which province are you talking about? Also do I have to just scout it or even conquer?
The provinces marked in Part 4 to skip in TE. Take them. After completing your next story quest, the story should jump back to TE.

FluffyPhoenix

I'm almost done with PE in me "Do no quests at all" journey. Still no CF print, and I'm thinking about going for a Virgo instead at this rate.

• Negotiate the first five native provinces: Nutarniq, Iluliac, Tuklavik, Ananevut and Qaniit

@UBERhelp1 or @Ben Trovato
Just checking: It's the first 5 provinces controlled by Natives, not the first 5 provinces you get to on the map.
The first 2 provinces that I got were Iluliaq, Nutarniq (and negotiated both). Then I got Artic Horizon and Aurora's Dale, controlled by CEO Johnson.
So, I take it I can fight these 2, and all others except for the next 3 native provinces, whenever I run into them.
After getting this far, don't want to do something silly!

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 or @Ben Trovato
Just checking: It's the first 5 provinces controlled by Natives, not the first 5 provinces you get to on the map.
The first 2 provinces that I got were Iluliaq, Nutarniq (and negotiated both). Then I got Artic Horizon and Aurora's Dale, controlled by CEO Johnson.
So, I take it I can fight these 2, and all others except for the next 3 native provinces, whenever I run into them.
After getting this far, don't want to do something silly!
I *believe* you are correct. But I'm not 100% sure.