• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Part 4: Contemporary to Future Era Troops

This section covers the ability of the player to get up to Future Era troops in all ages InA and above. It is still possible to get even higher troops in these ages, but that information can be found in the next part.

Skipping the PME Tech Blocker
Despite there being a PME tech blocker at the end of the PME story, it is possible to skip this blocker to get units higher than PME while still in InA (or higher). To do this, there's a couple of short steps to follow.

First, don't complete the PME story. Stop the questline at the abortable quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." If at any point past this you collect or abort this quest, your next story quest will take you back to PME and you will be tech blocked. After you get tech blocked, you are stuck on the story until you age up to PME with no way around it.

Next, scout the CE map as shown in the spoiler below. Specific provinces must be skipped, or you will get tech blocked on the CE story.
Skip the provinces that are red.
z70aYfp.png

Then, you have to choose whether you want TE troops or not. Receiving them will cost an extra technology to research, but they can help you fight the map easier. If you are limited on the technologies you have available to you, I would recommend avoiding TE troops and instead using that tech to receive even higher troops, such as AF or OF ones that will be more powerful. Each path is described below.
If you want TE troops, then do the following:
  1. Scout Torrinhos and abort an RQ. Then complete an RQ or side quest that is NOT Truth or Dare.
  2. Then scout and take Villariba to the North (do not scout Bajatai).
  3. Finally, scout Rio Roxo and abort an RQ to start the TE Story on "Meet Miguel Mantos", and follow the story from there.
See the TE troops section further down to learn which troops you can receive.

Thanks to @KingJMobile for helping figure this out.
If you don't want TE troops, then scout the TE map as shown below, skipping the three provinces marked in red.
yIQX9Pi.png

In this case, take up to and including the first FE province, Agadar, and then complete an RQ or side quest that is not "Truth or Dare" and complete what CE story quest(s) you are given. The story should then jump to FE. Make sure that you complete Agadar via negotiation, however, or you'll miss out on 3 extra FE Hover Tanks (heavy units).

When taking provinces from CE until the first province of FE, DO NOT complete any RQ or side quests. That will cause the story quest to jump to CE, and immediately after that either to CE or TE. Only after taking the first FE sector is it safe to complete a RQ or side quest.

CE Troops (PME only)
If you are in PME, you will receive the full CE questline, which includes the CE tech blocker quests. To avoid this, you must scout the cMap as shown below, skipping two of the provinces.
Skip the provinces that are marked in red.
z70aYfp.png

After doing so, if you want TE troops complete the CE story and continue onto the TE map. If you want to skip the TE troops to save an extra tech, scout the TE map as shown below and take the first FE provinces before completing the CE story.
Skip the provinces marked in red.
yIQX9Pi.png

The CE story will ask you to scout one of the skipped provinces, but this is fine. Just don't take it! Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger as you move through the story. You can get 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters, (fast units), 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units), and 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units). The CE story will need 1 tech to be researched.

After the CE story, if you didn't scout the TE map you will receive the TE story questline. If you instead scouted the TE map as shown above, you will skip to the FE story line.

Also, note that by negotiating all 4 of the Sheik's provinces (Amaryah City, Khail, Batif, and Hafar Al Karak), you will receive more diamonds from the CE storyline.

It is possible to receive the 2 Attack Helicopters (fast units) side quest in ages as early as ME, but the conditions to trigger this quest are unknown.

TE Troops
If you chose to receive the TE troops in an age lower than PME, you should be able to receive 2 Combat Drones (fast units), 2 Stealth Tanks (heavy units), 2 Anti Materiel Snipers (ranged units), and 1 TE Champion (heavy unit). Special thanks goes to @Xivarmy and KingJMobile for figuring this out.

If you chose to skip over the TE questline to go for Hover Tanks first and want to go back to receive TE troops, you can do so. After finishing the FE storyline (or further, as long as you do not reach the quest Persuasion in OF that will tech block you), scout and take the first skipped province in TE, and the questline should jump to TE. Take the remaining TE skipped provinces as well and complete the questline. You should get the units described in the paragraph above.

If you are in PME or CE, you should be able to receive the entire TE questline and all the troops. On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units). In total, the player can gain 4 Microwave Blaster (artillery units), 4 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units), 2 Ultra AP (light units), 4 Stealth Tank (heavy units), and 2 Combat Drones (fast units), and 1 Champion (heavy units).

No matter what age the player is in, the TE story requires one technology to be researched.

Also, as a side note, a TE cultural building, the Surveillance Nexus, can be given from a side quest after taking Rio Roxo in ages as early as InA!

FE Troops (Hover Tanks)
Once you start the FE story, to get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure to negotiate in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) and to not completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest "Greetings from a Friend." Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye. Danba's provinces are marked in green on the map below.
Make sure to negotiate these to get extra hover tanks!
OhVDKIU.png

Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units).

Also, if the player receives the quest "An Old Acquaintance," they will receive an additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units). It is not quite known how this quest can exactly be triggered, or what causes it not to be triggered. I got this quest when negotiating all the FE provinces.

In total, the player can gain 4 Hover Tanks (heavy units), 6 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units), 2 Drone Swarm (fast units), 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units). The FE story requires 3 techs to be researched, 4 if the player takes Kolaburg completely before the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole."

After the story quests jump to FE, the story follows along normally. The player is not tech blocked after they skip the CE blocker until they reach the end of the OF story. To see more information on the AF and OF stories, troops, and cMaps, see Part 5. The only real limiter past this point is the number of techs the player has left to research for quests.
Hey there,
I hope this is my last time bothering you. I am skipping TE units so this time I correctly didn't scout the 3 provinces. I am now north of Rio Roxo. The questline wants me to scout south, in one of the provinces I am not supposed to scout. Is it supposed to be like that? Can I just continue fighting the map till FE?

Thanks, Chewbacka5

Sidenote: I am in CE

KingJMobile

Hey there,
I hope this is my last time bothering you. I am skipping TE units so this time I correctly didn't scout the 3 provinces. I am now north of Rio Roxo. The questline wants me to scout south, in one of the provinces I am not supposed to scout. Is it supposed to be like that? Can I just continue fighting the map till FE?

Thanks, Chewbacka5

Sidenote: I am in CE
If you are in CE, I think you're safe whatever you do (just one more tech needed). Just follow the story from thereon, and you might as well fight all TE Provinces and make sure to negotiate Agadar.

By the way, what is the name of the province you were asked to scout?

If you are in CE, I think you're safe whatever you do (just one more tech needed). Just follow the story from thereon, and you might as well fight all TE Provinces and make sure to negotiate Agadar.

By the way, what is the name of the province you were asked to scout?
Bajatai is the province, one that the guide says to skip
Also by one more tech, do you mean there is one I have to do in the story? Because I only have 3 left and would rather do the full FE story

Last edited:

jeffj2

Any help is appreciated. Can someone please confirm these are my next steps? THANK YOU.
I am in Part 4 approaching FE.
1) Complete the capture of Sao Malvado in TE.
2) Scout FE-Agadar. Then take one sector of Agadar by negotiation.
(or do I negotiate the whole Agadar province before step 3)?
then
3) Complete a RQ or side quest that is not "Truth or Dare".
3a) Note there are no CE or TE quests open in my quest area.
3b) Will the first FE quest then come up after I do step 3?
---
Note:
A) I have not done any RQs while going thru TE.
B) I did get (and complete) Dictator's Death, Crazy Commandate, Gadgeteer, Media Control, but then no other quests appeared, so I am nervous about this FE approach.
C) My 3 open quests are - 2 RQs and "Truth or Dare".
D) I did not scout (or take) any of the 3 red TE provinces.
E) I am in Indy, but used my last tech, so will age up.
...thx....Jeff

Last edited:
Damn! Guess I accidently aborted Truth or Dare. Already well on the way on the Oceanic Future Map. So got my Subcruizers, turtles and eels as I guess they're called in English. Guess it's on to PME now.

jalepeno04654

My turturret build if there aren't any eels and gliders in the opponent army: the same amount of rogues as the amount of medusas in the opponent army and the rest of slots filled with turturrets

Recon raider's range and defense are too low and they don't have stealth... get a traz if you are low on eels

Rocket artillery are useless...
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I followed this higher age unit guide all the way up while in IndA. So I’m fighting cannons and lancers and riflemen, not medusas and eels. Would be silly to do all the work to get higher age units and then immediately age up so that they’re useless!

Recon raiders work great against IndA troops! Rocket artillery (when paired with my 4 turturrets) too. My Traz only makes rogues, but have over 6K now, so might delete it now that new gbg map gives rogue rewards. That’s right: this guide is so game breaking that a gbg fighter doing 5-10k fights / season can delete Traz to free up attack boost space…

Last edited:

jalepeno04654

I don't know how you do this , I am almost triple your attack and I only get 107 on auto and 119 on manual.
What age are you in? I followed this guide all the way while in IndA, so my hovers/turturrets/etc are facing down IndA cannons, lancers, riflemen, etc. I might never age up, cause then I’d lose my massive base strength (and special ability) advantage.

KingJMobile

Any help is appreciated. Can someone please confirm these are my next steps? THANK YOU.
I am in Part 4 approaching FE.
1) Complete the capture of Sao Malvado in TE.
2) Scout FE-Agadar. Then take one sector of Agadar by negotiation.
(or do I negotiate the whole Agadar province before step 3)?
then
3) Complete a RQ or side quest that is not "Truth or Dare".
3a) Note there are no CE or TE quests open in my quest area.
3b) Will the first FE quest then come up after I do step 3?
---
Note:
A) I have not done any RQs while going thru TE.
B) I did get (and complete) Dictator's Death, Crazy Commandate, Gadgeteer, Media Control, but then no other quests appeared, so I am nervous about this FE approach.
C) My 3 open quests are - 2 RQs and "Truth or Dare".
D) I did not scout (or take) any of the 3 red TE provinces.
E) I am in Indy, but used my last tech, so will age up.
...thx....Jeff
2) Negotiate the entirety of Agadar yes.
3) Then you should receive Eyes Ahead, which sets you off for the FE Story, and everything from thereon is straightforward.

Now, I'm assuming you have no TE troops. Once you start the FE Story, you can scout Bajatai and the story will jump back to that small part of TE that gives you Combat Drones. They might be useful enough for you to fight some of FE.

jeffj2

2) Negotiate the entirety of Agadar yes.
3) Then you should receive Eyes Ahead, which sets you off for the FE Story, and everything from thereon is straightforward.

Now, I'm assuming you have no TE troops. Once you start the FE Story, you can scout Bajatai and the story will jump back to that small part of TE that gives you Combat Drones. They might be useful enough for you to fight some of FE.
Thank you very much for this guidance and the answers KingJ. It is much appreciated.
Correct - I have no TE troops, so for now I have a MG team for fighting. I will directly follow your good advice. Thanks.

Thanks again....I have indeed received the "Eyes Ahead" FE story quest, per the guide and your guidance. I am excited and hoping to achieve hovers soon!

Last edited:

Warcoss

I have the PME troops while in InA.. will I be able to fight the rest of PME, CE, TE with MG teams? My attack isn’t crazy only 240/170 if not what would be a comfortable stat to fight it, but the goods seems like crazy amounts, I know to negotiate in FE, but can I fight the eras on the map higher than I am now with just the PME units?

KingJMobile

I have the PME troops while in InA.. will I be able to fight the rest of PME, CE, TE with MG teams? My attack isn’t crazy only 240/170 if not what would be a comfortable stat to fight it, but the goods seems like crazy amounts, I know to negotiate in FE, but can I fight the eras on the map higher than I am now with just the PME units?
With your boosts, PME with MGs should mostly be fine. Only Universal Tanks can cause considerable damage to them (and in the last province, the units actually target rogues first).

In CE, I would recommend getting your defense to at least 250, the more the better, because all CE units' attacks have almost double the defense of the MG Team, so taking less damage from them is key. You can also use the Battle Tank or PME Champion if needed against Assault Tanks and AAVs. Your 240 attack is fine. As long as you can two-hit kill CE units except for the Assault Tank, it's all right. The final province is very demanding, though, and if you can't raise your defense, I'd consider saving some goods for negotiation for some of the sectors.

For the TE Map, it is definitely a step up from CE, since your MGs won't be able to always retaliate from Drones, Microwaves, and Snipers, and their stats will definitely put pressure on your boosts, which is why I recommend getting TE Units to make your life a whole lot easier fighting, and you can safely focus on your attack (and a bit of defense too) afterward. If you skip TE units, I doubt you'd be able to fight some nasty TE sectors on the last province, and FE before getting Hovers would be a nightmare if you don't have Stealth Tanks or Drones.

JaketheBear3

Can bonus Quests block StoryLine Quests?

I just scouted the CE map (in InA on techtree), only quests I have are truth or dare (Side) > (Recurring) > & (Bonus) questlines (3 Total).

I have aborted and cycled the RQ line
I have completed several of the Bonus Quests, keep getting more - "Here be Dragons / LmA"
I have taken a sector on the first prov in CE

Nothing brings the story back?

(Now that I looked up the bonus Q and see it is LmA I will continue trying to play them out, they are not abortable)

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I just scouted the CE map (in InA on techtree), only quests I have are truth or dare (Side) > (Recurring) > & (Bonus) questlines (3 Total).

I have completed several of the Bonus Quests, keep getting more

Just wait where you are and push the cMap to TE or FE (depending on which troops you want) as per the guide, and then start aborting RQs. The CE story will be just a single quest before it jumps to the next age's.

JaketheBear3

I have completed several of the Bonus Quests, keep getting more - "Here be Dragons / LmA"

(Now that I looked up the bonus Q and see it is LmA I will continue trying to play them out, they are not abortable)
so I completed 6 more bonus quests, they finally are cleared out.

I now have 2 RQ lines and Truth or Dare Side

Aborted through and completed both RQ's several times..... no story yet

JaketheBear3

Just wait where you are and push the cMap to TE or FE (depending on which troops you want) as per the guide, and then start aborting RQs. The CE story will be just a single quest before it jumps to the next age's.
OK, I will push the map and get back with results after work

Thanks for the quick reply

jeffj2

Thank you Higher-Age guide contributors and UberHelp1.
and thank you @KingJMobile for recent answers. My currently loaded quest is "Greetings from a Friend" ...and the 3 hovers, while I am in Progressive. I was able to fight FE with 1 MG troop and 400/400 attack/defense, with some rogues lost.

It is interesting, that I never had to enter or negotiate Kalabuye. I had the normal FE quest flow after TE, and I got "Greetings" without any negotiations or fights within Kalabuye. In the last few I completed quests:
Taking Botuku
An Old Acquaintance (Future)
Entering Bisoraba
(next) Greetings from a Friend -> 3 hovers
----
1) Is it safe for me to abort all the Progressive side quests?...so I can get my recurring quest back?
2) Do I need to negotiate Kalabuye at all? I would rather fight it if possible.
Thank you...JeffJ

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

and thank you @KingJMobile for recent answers. My currently loaded quest is "Greetings from a Friend" ...and the 3 hovers, while I am in Progressive. I was able to fight FE with 1 MG troop and 400/400 attack/defense, with some rogues lost.

It is interesting, that I never had to enter or negotiate Kalabuye. I had the normal FE quest flow after TE, and I got "Greetings" without any negotiations or fights within Kalabuye. In the last few I completed quests:
Taking Botuku
Entering Bisoraba
----
1) Is it safe for me to abort all the Progressive side quests?...so I can get my recurring quest back?
Thank you...JeffJ
Yes, you can abort PE side quests. The only thing you must keep is Truth or Dare. Once you get the hovers, you can fight the rest of the FE story. You'll still get the fourth hover as well.

KingJMobile

Taking Botuku
Entering Bisoraba
----
Thank you...JeffJ
You're welcome.

2) I didn't take Kalabuye until I got the quest "Business in Bisoraba" when I had to take Kalabuye to move to Fort Buntu. It should be safe to negotiate or fight: you should still get the final Hover Tank.

jeffj2

Thank you @UBERhelp1 and @KingJMobile for the ongoing help with the fine tuning. I will definitely keep "Truth or Dare" until I get all future troops.

I am so excited to finally get this great game achievement done. I will keep going per the guide and finish FE, and will then go for the other future troops. Maybe it doesn't get mentioned much, but the extra expansions along the way are also a great bonus.