• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.13

Pericles the Lion

I used up my last technology on "Next in Line" and am now tech blocked on "Myths". I aborted "Truth or Dare" and it was replaced with a recurring quest. I now have "Myths" and 2 RQs available. I assume that can't get back to the PME questline unless I age up to PE, right?

UBERhelp1

I used up my last technology on "Next in Line" and am now tech blocked on "Myths". I aborted "Truth or Dare" and it was replaced with a recurring quest. I now have "Myths" and 2 RQs available. I assume that can't get back to the PME questline unless I age up to PE, right?
If you completely Truth or Dare, then yeah you're going back to the PME questline once you complete Myths.

KeenWise

As one of the last quests, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare," the
I know there is a warning in post #5, and i can't be the only person to have mentioned this, but the PME troops description (post #4) almost makes it seem safe to do truth or dare, especially late at night, lol.

so I just thought I would suggest a warning be added at that point in the guide -- something like "read the next post before doing or aborting truth or dare" or "don't you dare 'truth or dare' if your goal is hovers or OF warfare!" because you need that quest untouched to get the latter age troops (FE-OF) while still in Indy (or PE, ME).

i'm sure you would have the right words for the warning, uber :)

MKPapa

There is one trick not mentioned in the guide IMHO: if you are going to hunt for InA troops while in CA, you better do not research the Field Artillery (the last CA military tech).
New Challenges, New Dangers quest requires to either recruit 3 units from the InA (which means you begin the InA research), or to research a military technology - and here you would unlock the Field Artillery to complete this quest.
If you already researched all CA technologies then the only way to avoid this quest is to fight both North and South provinces, lose 30 diamonds from the Friendly Visit quest and lose 1 Howitzer from the Bitter Defeat quest. Otherwise you are stuck in CA with 1 rifleman and 2 Jaeger Infantries and cannot continue the story questline without researching InA.

xivarmy

There is one trick not mentioned in the guide IMHO: if you are going to hunt for InA troops while in CA, you better do not research the Field Artillery (the last CA military tech).
New Challenges, New Dangers quest requires to either recruit 3 units from the InA (which means you begin the InA research), or to research a military technology - and here you would unlock the Field Artillery to complete this quest.
If you already researched all CA technologies then the only way to avoid this quest is to fight both North and South provinces, lose 30 diamonds from the Friendly Visit quest and lose 1 Howitzer from the Bitter Defeat quest. Otherwise you are stuck in CA with 1 rifleman and 2 Jaeger Infantries and cannot continue the story questline without researching InA.
2 Jaegers are the best indy troops in colonial anyways... But if you want the PE troops in colonial, yes, you need to be exceedingly careful with techs.

You research only Muskets, Maritime Shipping, Colonies, and Arcade houses without being prompted to do so by story (this is enough to have 1 of every building type to get through the end of colonial story). For the "any tech" requirement that comes up in colonial story you can also do Fashion, New Crops, or Plantation Goods.

Some plotting through industrial story is also important so that the right techs are available at the right moment - but there may be more than 1 route through the tree for that. Point is though, don't research anything you don't have to.

Halfway through the AF map now and highly disappointed by the lack of people attacking me in the hoods, even when I attack them and plunder. I had one guy auto-battle himself to death once and that's it. I wanna watch the hovers make a mess.

MKPapa

Halfway through the AF map now and highly disappointed by the lack of people attacking me in the hoods, even when I attack them and plunder. I had one guy auto-battle himself to death once and that's it. I wanna watch the hovers make a mess.
IMO, people get much more in rewards from GE, GBG, PVP to waste their time on plundering.

Dursland

This is an amazing guide but the scout times are so long once you hit Indy/PE, it's difficult to get ahead. By the time I finish scouting the map I'm ready to age up. Definitely requires camping here unless you spend diamonds.

Speaking of which I was thinking that might be a fun world start once I get to space ages in Dilmun and need something new. Load up a diamond package on the new world, get those castle points, then go to town on the map.