• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

xivarmy

I did save them. (By "two provinces left" I meant the last two I'm supposed to take.) I have Truth or Dare up.

I think I just misread the table in the first post, with the tech list and it threw me off. Since I have 4 left and am in Indy, I should be able to get both Stealth Tanks and Hovers. I didn't want to go for Stealth Tanks and end up short of tech for Hovers. (I guess I can just scout the first TE province and see what happens. :p)

Thanks!

TE story will be able to resume after you scout but before you conquer Rio Roxo (~3 provinces in in direct path) if you want to get 2 of the stealth tanks (from the Falsa Cruz section). It can't resume immediately in the first TE province as far as I've found - and if you miss Meet Miguel Mantos (by having conquered Rio Roxo) then you miss the stealth tanks.

Kaidi

TE story will be able to resume after you scout but before you conquer Rio Roxo (~3 provinces in in direct path) if you want to get 2 of the stealth tanks (from the Falsa Cruz section). It can't resume immediately in the first TE province as far as I've found - and if you miss Meet Miguel Mantos (by having conquered Rio Roxo) then you miss the stealth tanks.
Thanks for the warning! Right now I'm getting totally creamed by TE, lol. I think I need to find the goods to negotiate those first four, which could be tough on Carthage, as higher age goods are spendy, and TE especially is scarce.

xivarmy

Thanks for the warning! Right now I'm getting totally creamed by TE, lol. I think I need to find the goods to negotiate those first four, which could be tough on Carthage, as higher age goods are spendy, and TE especially is scarce.

It is a little brutal - but fighting through it with the MG team does work if you can replace the rogues. The first TE troop you'll get is the Combat Drones from Bajatai - which does help some :) Once you get to the stealth tank in Falsa Cruz (almost done TE by this point), the fighting is a lot easier to get the rest of the way to hover tanks :)

So I'm on the TE map right now. Conquered Torrinhos and scouted Villariba. No TE storyquest so far. What should I do to get the TE storyquest the quickest?

Kaidi

So I'm on the TE map right now. Conquered Torrinhos and scouted Villariba. No TE storyquest so far. What should I do to get the TE storyquest the quickest?
From the guide (if you are going for TE troops):
  1. Scout Torrinhos and abort an RQ. Then complete an RQ or side quest that is NOT Truth or Dare.
  2. Then scout and take Villariba to the North (do not scout Bajatai).
  3. Finally, scout Rio Roxo and abort an RQ to start the TE Story on "Meet Miguel Mantos", and follow the story from there.
So you just need to take Villariba and then scout Rio Roxo and abort a recurring quest.

xivarmy

From the guide (if you are going for TE troops):
  1. Scout Torrinhos and abort an RQ. Then complete an RQ or side quest that is NOT Truth or Dare.
  3. Finally, scout Rio Roxo and abort an RQ to start the TE Story on "Meet Miguel Mantos", and follow the story from there.
So you just need to take Villariba and then scout Rio Roxo and abort a recurring quest.

Yes, Rio Roxo needs to be scouted but not conquered to start up TE story in the middle.

Kaidi

I have 3 Hover Tanks (yay!) and have a quest up - Business in Bisoraba - to get the 4th Hover. I'm a little confused, though; the guide says this:

"Then, later on the cMap, be sure to negotiate in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) and to not completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest "Greetings from a Friend." Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye. Danba's provinces are marked in green on the map below.

I haven't taken anything at all in Kalabuye, neither by negotiation nor fighting. Does it matter at this point whether I negotiate or fight in Kalabuye? Do I still negotiate one and then fight the rest?

KeenWise

It is a little brutal - but fighting through it with the MG team does work if you can replace the rogues. The first TE troop you'll get is the Combat Drones from Bajatai - which does help some :) Once you get to the stealth tank in Falsa Cruz (almost done TE by this point), the fighting is a lot easier to get the rest of the way to hover tanks :)
You can do it with just the plain old Prog tank (and diamond repairs), too, if your attack boosts are high enough (both sides of attack).

KeenWise

Okay been away a long time (for me), and am wondering how many diamonds I need to neg the FE provinces? Anyone got a handy table of diamond-neg prices by map and province? If yes, I will take TE through OF, please.

I have decided to stay in CA in this C2 world, come hover or no. If I am fortunate enough to trigger some FE-OF troops, then happy day! And if not, the CA troops still crumble crumble whenever my tank treads go rumble rumble.

UBERhelp1

Okay been away a long time (for me), and am wondering how many diamonds I need to neg the FE provinces? Anyone got a handy table of diamond-neg prices by map and province? If yes, I will take TE through OF, please.

I have decided to stay in CA in this C2 world, come hover or no. If I am fortunate enough to trigger some FE-OF troops, then happy day! And if not, the CA troops still crumble crumble whenever my tank treads go rumble rumble.
Diamond negotiate? As in pay for the goods with diamonds? Basically you just have to multiply the goods by 10 (10 diamonds = 1 goods higher than PE). The only thing is if you get any goods from the questline, that'll cheapen the cost.

Also if you have any goods from lower ages that would help too. TE takes some ME goods, for example.

Assuming not, though, here are the costs via the multiply by 5, per map. I don't have the per-province goods costs in my spreadsheets though.
Age# of Goods# of Diamonds
Tomorrow Era13,750137,500
Future Era14,975149,750
Arctic Future55,060550,600
Oceanic Future93,395933,950
Totals:177,1801,771,900

And just for fun, based on the diamonds needed and the current price of the biggest diamond pack, this will cost about $11000 USD. Hope you have a diamond farm. Although, this would also net you 6.4M castle points. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

Kaidi

Diamond negotiate? As in pay for the goods with diamonds? Basically you just have to multiply the goods by 5 (5 diamonds = 1 goods generally). The only thing is if you get any goods from the questline, that'll cheapen the cost.

Also if you have any goods from lower ages that would help too. TE takes some ME goods, for example.

Assuming not, though, here are the costs via the multiply by 5, per map. I don't have the per-province goods costs in my spreadsheets though.
Tomorrow Era13,75068,750
Future Era14,97574,875
Arctic Future55,060275,300
Oceanic Future93,395466,975
Totals:177,180885,900

And just for fun, based on the diamonds needed and the current price of the biggest diamond pack, this will cost about $6500 USD. Hope you have a diamond farm. Although, this would also net you 3.2M castle points. Not too shabby.
Aren't Promethium and Orichamcallit 20? And aren't goods above a certain age 10? (I have TE and FE is a spreadsheet by sector. I could probably add AF/OF and figure it out.)

Edited to add:

5 for goods up to PE.
10 for refined goods (ME and above)
20 for special goods

So $6500 would be cheap. lol.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Aren't Promethium and Orichamcallit 20? And aren't goods above a certain age 10? (I have TE and FE is a spreadsheet by sector. I could probably add AF/OF and figure it out.)
Ohhhh yeah you're right about the special goods. Forgot about those and just looked at the totals. That'll jack up the price a bit.

And I didn't even know goods got more expensive. I checked and it looks like ME goods and above are up to 10 diamonds, so literally double all the prices. I'll update my original post. Learning something new today :)

KeenWise

lol, well, hmmm. glad i came back after the diamond dust had settled. ;) so how many 200% deals is that, lol. :) i have one 200%er and a few thousand wells. so this will be a long term project.

i think most prudent to finish TE fighting, which means i will raise my attack boosts to reduce the diamonds needed there. my plan to neg FE comes from (1) imagining my Prog tank up against sectors that include hovers and (2) recalling a few posts where Uber (if i remember correctly) and other neg'd through FE.

if neg'ing all of FE is not desirable or helpful then that will be an interesting fight...

KeenWise

Diamond negotiate? As in pay for the goods with diamonds? Basically you just have to multiply the goods by 10 (10 diamonds = 1 goods higher than PE). The only thing is if you get any goods from the questline, that'll cheapen the cost.

Tomorrow Era13,750137,500
Future Era14,975149,750
Arctic Future55,060550,600
Oceanic Future93,395933,950
Totals:177,1801,771,900

And just for fun, based on the diamonds needed and the current price of the biggest diamond pack, this will cost about $11000 USD. Hope you have a diamond farm. Although, this would also net you 6.4M castle points. Not too shabby.

Edited to add:

5 for goods up to PE.
10 for refined goods (ME and above)
20 for special goods

So $6500 would be cheap. lol.

Thank you both! By province would help fill in detail, but the broad brush strokes you both have painted for me are much appreciated, too.

Part 4: Contemporary to Future Era Troops

This section covers the ability of the player to get up to Future Era troops in all ages InA and above. It is still possible to get even higher troops in these ages, but that information can be found in the next part.

Skipping the PME Tech Blocker
Despite there being a PME tech blocker at the end of the PME story, it is possible to skip this blocker to get units higher than PME while still in InA (or higher). To do this, there's a couple of short steps to follow.

First, don't complete the PME story. Stop the questline at the abortable quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." If at any point past this you collect or abort this quest, your next story quest will take you back to PME and you will be tech blocked. After you get tech blocked, you are stuck on the story until you age up to PME with no way around it.

Next, scout the CE map as shown in the spoiler below. Specific provinces must be skipped, or you will get tech blocked on the CE story.
Skip the provinces that are red.
z70aYfp.png

Then, you have to choose whether you want TE troops or not. Receiving them will cost an extra technology to research, but they can help you fight the map easier. If you are limited on the technologies you have available to you, I would recommend avoiding TE troops and instead using that tech to receive even higher troops, such as AF or OF ones that will be more powerful. Each path is described below.
If you want TE troops, then do the following:
See the TE troops section further down to learn which troops you can receive.

Thanks to @KingJMobile for helping figure this out.
If you don't want TE troops, then scout the TE map as shown below, skipping the three provinces marked in red.
yIQX9Pi.png

In this case, take up to and including the first FE province, Agadar, and then complete an RQ or side quest that is not "Truth or Dare" and complete what CE story quest(s) you are given. The story should then jump to FE. Make sure that you complete Agadar via negotiation, however, or you'll miss out on 3 extra FE Hover Tanks (heavy units).

When taking provinces from CE until the first province of FE, DO NOT complete any RQ or side quests. That will cause the story quest to jump to CE, and immediately after that either to CE or TE. Only after taking the first FE sector is it safe to complete a RQ or side quest.

CE Troops (PME only)
If you are in PME, you will receive the full CE questline, which includes the CE tech blocker quests. To avoid this, you must scout the cMap as shown below, skipping two of the provinces.
Skip the provinces that are marked in red.
z70aYfp.png

After doing so, if you want TE troops complete the CE story and continue onto the TE map. If you want to skip the TE troops to save an extra tech, scout the TE map as shown below and take the first FE provinces before completing the CE story.
Skip the provinces marked in red.
yIQX9Pi.png

The CE story will ask you to scout one of the skipped provinces, but this is fine. Just don't take it! Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger as you move through the story. You can get 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters, (fast units), 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units), and 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units). The CE story will need 1 tech to be researched.

After the CE story, if you didn't scout the TE map you will receive the TE story questline. If you instead scouted the TE map as shown above, you will skip to the FE story line.

Also, note that by negotiating all 4 of the Sheik's provinces (Amaryah City, Khail, Batif, and Hafar Al Karak), you will receive more diamonds from the CE storyline.

It is possible to receive the 2 Attack Helicopters (fast units) side quest in ages as early as ME, but the conditions to trigger this quest are unknown.

TE Troops
If you chose to receive the TE troops in an age lower than PME, you should be able to receive 2 Combat Drones (fast units), 2 Stealth Tanks (heavy units), 2 Anti Materiel Snipers (ranged units), and 1 TE Champion (heavy unit). Special thanks goes to @Xivarmy and KingJMobile for figuring this out.

If you chose to skip over the TE questline to go for Hover Tanks first and want to go back to receive TE troops, you can do so. After finishing the FE storyline (or further, as long as you do not reach the quest Persuasion in OF that will tech block you), scout and take the first skipped province in TE, and the questline should jump to TE. Take the remaining TE skipped provinces as well and complete the questline. You should get the units described in the paragraph above.

If you are in PME or CE, you should be able to receive the entire TE questline and all the troops. On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units). In total, the player can gain 4 Microwave Blaster (artillery units), 4 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units), 2 Ultra AP (light units), 4 Stealth Tank (heavy units), and 2 Combat Drones (fast units), and 1 Champion (heavy units).

No matter what age the player is in, the TE story requires one technology to be researched.

Also, as a side note, a TE cultural building, the Surveillance Nexus, can be given from a side quest after taking Rio Roxo in ages as early as InA!

FE Troops (Hover Tanks)
Once you start the FE story, to get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure to negotiate in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) and to not completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest "Greetings from a Friend." Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye. Danba's provinces are marked in green on the map below.
Make sure to negotiate these to get extra hover tanks!
OhVDKIU.png

Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units).

Also, if the player receives the quest "An Old Acquaintance," they will receive an additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units). It is not quite known how this quest can exactly be triggered, or what causes it not to be triggered. I got this quest when negotiating all the FE provinces.

In total, the player can gain 4 Hover Tanks (heavy units), 6 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units), 2 Drone Swarm (fast units), 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units). The FE story requires 3 techs to be researched, 4 if the player takes Kolaburg completely before the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole."

After the story quests jump to FE, the story follows along normally. The player is not tech blocked after they skip the CE blocker until they reach the end of the OF story. To see more information on the AF and OF stories, troops, and cMaps, see Part 5. The only real limiter past this point is the number of techs the player has left to research for quests.
Hey there,
I had to make an account on US for this post, but back on EU I am in CE. I just wanted to know if I still had to not complete Truth or Dare or any rq or bonus quests.
Thanks,
Chewbacka5

Kaidi

I'm in AF, and at this point, I need a few quick expansions more than the troops. A lot of these quests are long. I'm also getting slightly tight on coin do to scouts/story quests/infiltration/event tablets/event-buy-FPs. lol. Can I just blow through the AF map and just pick up the quests as they happen without hurting myself so far as the troops go?

ETA: Never mind. Talked with someone on Moo's Discord server and I'm movin' on through. :)

Last edited:

hippobuttamus

when you search up

Surveillance Nexus.​

the first comment is : "
I'm looking at one right now in someone's Bronze Age city."

so, my question is, ...can you get hovers and up in Bronze age.

hippobuttamus

I have started a new city, my plan is to negotiate all zones up to future era, all in bronze age.
i will then abandon or complete a quest and see what happens.

i wonder if the future quests will start while still in bronze age.