• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Spino-Rex

I even contacted support, and they said they can't put me back a quest(honestly don't understand why, they are the developers) but yea its kinda my fault for not paying attention lol. I guess I have to fight like a normal person with normal age units :/ ugh

FluffyPhoenix

Hello, friends!
I would like to thank UBERhelp1 for creating a great guide, as well as all those who also took part in it. And of course FluffyPhoenix for his bold experiment in BA.
Next we will talk about BA.
I have been in BA for 830 days. You can see my city at the moment.
On the map of continents, I have completely passed BA, IA, EMA (2 provinces that could have been skipped in the EMA). All this was passed by battles, with the exception of only a few negotiations, when it was required by the task of the event. I am currently in HMA on the map.
The main quest task that I still have hanging undone is "Knowledge - power" (the main task of IA No. 3 is to investigate the military construction).
There are 14 unexplored BA technologies in stock, 100 million coins, 50 million resources and all the goods needed to negotiate provinces up to and including AF.
Why am I telling you all this?
The bold experiment of FluffyPhoenix ended in failure - it was impossible to get FE units in BA.
I want to continue his experiment by lowering the bar. Try to get TE, CE, PME, ME, PE or at least InA or CA units in BA.
I have absolutely everything for this. Quests have also been completed a bit so far. I just need your wise advice - which units to really try to get, the sequence of capturing provinces and what to do with quests.
Let's try it? Which units can you really swing at? I am waiting for your suggestions. Thank you!
I have my doubts on getting them. I did negotiate everything, so if you fight things, then it may change things, but who knows? I did the bare minimum and hit every wall mentioned. I'm now in CA with 2 PE units, just as the guide said.

Anna-

If you're in BA, you're not going to get to the InA story or PE story anyways. I'm not sure why you are so focused on the InA story when you aren't going to get there. When you ask "will they block it" what are you referring to by "it?"
I'll try to explain. I decided to stay in the Bronze Age forever. I'm going to capture the Arctic on the map. It is impossible to capture the Ocean due to the lack of promethium and orichalcum.
In the Bronze Age, there are only two slots for quests. The first one is the main ones, in the second one I have circular ones now. I really don't want to lose the circular ones - they are useful. If instead of circular quests there are side quests that I cannot complete in Bronze, I will lose circular quests irrevocably. One of such dangerous places is InA. I will try to take Garrincton on your advice, but not take Las Penas. I need to reach the end of the Arctic on the map of continents and at the same time keep circular quests, remaining in the Bronze Age.

Anna-

I have my doubts on getting them. I did negotiate everything, so if you fight things, then it may change things, but who knows? I did the bare minimum and hit every wall mentioned. I'm now in CA with 2 PE units, just as the guide said.
I admire what you have done. You were a pioneer. I'm coming after you. I don't hope for success. But I will be happy to take your advice, if there are any.

UBERhelp1

I'm currently recording clips for the InA Troops video (coming either next week or two weeks past that, probably). While doing so, I found two new side quests that aren't documented anywhere. I'm taking my suggested route of fighting the north and negotiating the south, but it seems the quests are trying to convince me to do the opposite. Unfortunately, since I need to get through the InA questline to get to PE and get those units in CA, I can't afford to complete them and see if they lead to anything. Anyways, if someone is bored and doesn't mind triggering the InA Bonus Questline, you might be able to trigger these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For context, I just took Desperation. I've only taken Okahe, and have scouted but not taken any of New Cragshire.

Quest TextRequirements
1662833019108.png1662833030125.png
1662833044449.png1662833055908.png

KingJMobile

Some statistics which I estimated:
Around 40% of FoE players know about higher-era units, and only 10% know about how to bypass the PME and CE tech blockers.
Of that, 50% don’t want to get higher-era units, 40% can’t get higher-era units and only 10% can get higher-era units in the Industrial/Progressive Era.
Of that, 30% mess up trying to get higher-era units, 60% get them all in the Progressive Era, and 10% in the Industrial Age.
Since the beginning of the leak of bypassing the PME and CE tech blockers, 15% of those who acquired all the higher-era units in the Progressive Era have aged up, and around 30% who have acquired them in the Industrial Age have aged to the Progressive Era.

The accuracy of my estimations will range from 30 to 70%.

Rob Bin Dahood

I'm also on a mission to see if there is a way past the LMA blocker, not that I think I'll be successful. I'm staying in Iron Age and stopped the story quests before they left EMA.

One thought I had was to get a second quest line going by leaving the EMA Bonus Quest line incomplete. Interestingly, since doing that I've struck side quests from both CA and InA as I've progressed the c-Map (sadly, I didn't get the Rifleman side quests when negotiating Okahe, I got one called "Inspirations"). I intend to progress the c-Map all the way to FE while in Iron (yes, it will take a while) to see what other side quests eventuate ... but to do so I'm going to have to negotiate both north and south on the Indy map to get to PE (and am wondering at the consequences of that)

Ben Trovato

Does anyone know the trigger for the side quest "Military Needs"? It's technically CA, but Fandom has it obtainable in other ages. Another couple of Field Guns in LMA would be nice. I see Outlaw Dread said he received it on unlocking a residential for New Lands New Dangers, but I could do with something a bit more if anyone knows.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Does anyone know the trigger for the side quest "Military Needs"? It's technically CA, but Fandom has it obtainable in other ages. Another couple of Field Guns in LMA would be nice. I see Outlaw Dread said he received it on unlocking a residential for New Lands New Dangers, but I could do with something a bit more if anyone knows.
I'm not too sure. My guess is it's for tech research or story progression.

Ben Trovato

Update to Version 2.13
Added the third video! InA troops in CA!

You can see it here:
Just finished watching it. All good stuff. If I could add one piece of advice to those doing the Indy map. There is no problem fighting Southern states after Garrincton in the North West is taken and the relevant quest fulfilled, so you don't need to spend your goods. The advice, "don't take Las Penas until ready to move into Industrial Age" always holds true, but the rest of the South can be fought as long as you wait. Desperation gives an expansion, and there's another expansion available to the far North East, an area that opens up after Garrincton.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Just finished watching it. All good stuff. If I could add one piece of advice to those doing the Indy map. There is no problem fighting Southern states after Garrincton in the North West is taken and the relevant quest fulfilled, so you don't need to spend your goods. The advice, "don't take Las Penas until ready to move into Industrial Age" always holds true, but the rest of the South can be fought as long as you wait. Desperation gives an expansion, and there's another expansion available to the far North East, an area that opens up after Garrincton.

I would go further and say "don't fight las penas until you're done with story" if you're going to go all the way to OF troops. A few of the further ahead quests are benefitted by being able to go back to a previous map when they give you a task like "negotiate a sector". And indy is a convenient spot to skip some provinces to go back to (as long as you don't trigger the bonus)