• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Hi UBERhelp1,

I'm in HMA with just one spare tech. I would like to push for getting Hover tank in PE. Based on my understanding now, I can safely level from HMA to PA and finish maps to PA (including PA) without worrying about which map to unlock, which one to negotiate. I only have to skip as many tech as possible during leveling. Then I can work on the maps starting from ME with caution following your guide, is that correct understanding?

UBERhelp1

Hi UBERhelp1,

I'm in HMA with just one spare tech. I would like to push for getting Hover tank in PE. Based on my understanding now, I can safely level from HMA to PA and finish maps to PA (including PA) without worrying about which map to unlock, which one to negotiate. I only have to skip as many tech as possible during leveling. Then I can work on the maps starting from ME with caution following your guide, is that correct understanding?
Correct. Skip as many techs as possible, and from ME-on just follow the guide and you should be good! Good luck!

Hi UBERhelp1,

What part of guide should I follow if my goal is to get hovertank in PE? I have att/def bonus 285/185, in HMA and I advanced to CA cMap. I don't know if I can fight high age units in cMap with lower age troops. So should I follow your guide, starting part1, part2 to part5, so I get higher age units one by one, in order to fight the next cMap or can I skip a few and go directly to part 5? I also just have 1 spare tech at the moment, so I want to be conservative in tech by all means.

Also what is the general rule of thumb in the priority of story quest / cMap / era? Should I pursue story quest, and only advance cMap if story quest require them, and only advance era if story quest require them?

UBERhelp1

Hi UBERhelp1,

What part of guide should I follow if my goal is to get hovertank in PE? I have att/def bonus 285/185, in HMA and I advanced to CA cMap. I don't know if I can fight high age units in cMap with lower age troops. So should I follow your guide, starting part1, part2 to part5, so I get higher age units one by one, in order to fight the next cMap or can I skip a few and go directly to part 5? I also just have 1 spare tech at the moment, so I want to be conservative in tech by all means.

Also what is the general rule of thumb in the priority of story quest / cMap / era? Should I pursue story quest, and only advance cMap if story quest require them, and only advance era if story quest require them?
If you're in CA, start with getting PE troops in CA and work your way up to Hovers. So parts 3-4. Generally, you want to progress the story quest and then when asked to do something on the map do that thing. However, when you are trying to skip the PME blocker, it's the other way around. You stop the story quests and progress the map only.

Ben Trovato

Hi UBERhelp1,

With your bonuses, you can fight CA sectors in HMA, but it won't gain you anything (in terms of units). You need to be LMA to get the CA troops that come from the LMA/CA bonus questline. Also, if you complete all the bonus sectors while still in HMA, you might miss out on the entire questline.

Getting the hover tanks in Indy is possible even without saved tech researches, although you won't be able to get all the AF and OF troops beyond. If you have your heart set on PE and you are careful, you can have enough researches to get all the AF/OF troops too. But why not pick up the intermediate higher age troops on your journey to PE to help you rather than skipping them? It'll make the whole thing a lot easier.

With your bonuses, you can fight CA sectors in HMA, but it won't gain you anything (in terms of units). You need to be LMA to get the CA troops that come from the LMA/CA bonus questline. Also, if you complete all the bonus sectors while still in HMA, you might miss out on the entire questline.

Getting the hover tanks in Indy is possible even without saved tech researches, although you won't be able to get all the AF and OF troops beyond. If you have your heart set on PE and you are careful, you can have enough researches to get all the AF/OF troops too. But why not pick up the intermediate higher age troops on your journey to PE to help you rather than skipping them? It'll make the whole thing a lot easier.
Awesome response. Thank you. I have a separate question, how do I get all the goods needed to progress all the way to FE when I'm in InA. I got some help from a guild mate to get SAJM goods and I was planning to trade down one level at a time. But it seems pretty hard to trade down and find people to buy higher level goods. Would you have some tips for that?

xivarmy

Awesome response. Thank you. I have a separate question, how do I get all the goods needed to progress all the way to FE when I'm in InA. I got some help from a guild mate to get SAJM goods and I was planning to trade down one level at a time. But it seems pretty hard to trade down and find people to buy higher level goods. Would you have some tips for that?
If you're fighting you won't need so many goods.

Regardless, I'd recommend you buy goods directly in the age you want rather than try to trade down.

Or if you are going to try to trade down, be open to accepting ratios other than 1:2 1 age down.

As a general rule though SAJM are going to be hard to trade - established SAJM players make more than enough for their own needs. Your best shot to trade SAJM is if you find a player that *just* moved up from SAV (but they have a lot of people who would be happy to trade them SAJM goods).

If you're fighting you won't need so many goods.

Regardless, I'd recommend you buy goods directly in the age you want rather than try to trade down.

Or if you are going to try to trade down, be open to accepting ratios other than 1:2 1 age down.

As a general rule though SAJM are going to be hard to trade - established SAJM players make more than enough for their own needs. Your best shot to trade SAJM is if you find a player that *just* moved up from SAV (but they have a lot of people who would be happy to trade them SAJM goods).
Ah, great to know. If I try to trade down, what would be a better option to start, any age like FE, AF, OF or other ones?

xivarmy

Ah, great to know. If I try to trade down, what would be a better option to start, any age like FE, AF, OF or other ones?
Anything should be easier than jupiter.

The main persistent consumer for a goods type is players the age above. They don't make so much of it anymore but may use it to negotiate in GBG. Since there's not yet an age above SAJ, there's not yet anyone flushing them down the drain without an ability to replace them.

Of course there's also still likely large stockpiles on some players from the previous age so it may take a while for the demand to drain that.

But particularly when you get down into the AF and below category, they're so long ago and people are often just pushing through them relatively fast, that there isn't as much of a glut to fill the demand.

KingJMobile

Question, I chose to get TE units, so can I scout Itabarai?
You should ideally get the story started asap before scouting any other provinces if you want to reduce your chance of messing up. If you accidentally scout Bajatai before doing so, you will miss out on Stealth Tanks (and Anti-Materiel Snipers).