• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Himeji Castle Worth?

RazorbackPirate

Salsuero

I just got 50 FPs and 5 Rogues from it today, then leveled and got another 200 FPs. This thing is pretty much crapping out rewards at this point! LOL

Algona

Explicit note: This posting is coincident to IngeJones comment and in no way reflects on their post.

I think Himeji's real worth will be all the fun we'll have here on the forums provided by the mathematically challenged complaining that Himeji was a money gran (Duh!) by INNO that doesn't work right because they have not gotten anything in a long time.

Sadly that seems to apply any time INNO deploys anything that has a random component.

I'm also looking forward to complaints about the prizes not being good enough.

DeletedUser30312

It'll be a while before I put the Himeji in I think. It sounds like it's worth it, but it also needs a lot of levels to get the most out of it. I'll need to build up my Arc and other foundations of GB power leveling first.

mamboking053

Explicit note: This posting is coincident to IngeJones comment and in no way reflects on their post.

I think Himeji's real worth will be all the fun we'll have here on the forums provided by the mathematically challenged complaining that Himeji was a money gran (Duh!) by INNO that doesn't work right because they have not gotten anything in a long time.

Sadly that seems to apply any time INNO deploys anything that has a random component.

I'm also looking forward to complaints about the prizes not being good enough.

Do you think it would be better to replace ToR with HC and use the extra 6x6 for something a little more consistent in it's productivity?

DeletedUser30312

Probably not, especially for a player that's active in GE. The ToR doesn't need to be pushed to high levels to be useful, it uses much easier to obtain goods to build, and it probably requires a good deal less FP to level than the HC.

Salsuero

It'll be a while before I put the Himeji in I think. It sounds like it's worth it, but it also needs a lot of levels to get the most out of it. I'll need to build up my Arc and other foundations of GB power leveling first.

Not that you're wrong. However, I've received 450 FPs from it so far and it's only at level 6. More than half of those were received before level 6. I also received goods and Rogues from it before level 6. I'm not sure it needs what you say it does to be effective. Sure, to "get the most out of" any GB, you'd need to take it up to level infinity. The higher the GB, the more you get from it... from any GB. But it's been very effective, which is all I need it to be to see it as having been well worth it. Plus, it's damn attractive. Inno's talented artists strike again!

Probably not, especially for a player that's active in GE. The ToR doesn't need to be pushed to high levels to be useful, it uses much easier to obtain goods to build, and it probably requires a good deal less FP to level than the HC.

Not advocating for swapping one for the other, but the ToR gives out a lot less useful stuff... even garbage... and the best rewards aren't even close to that of the Himeji Castle. And the reason I built it is because I'm active in GE as a fighter and mostly nowhere else. If it didn't work in GE battles, it would be almost useless to me. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

*Arturis*

Oh nice
Timer ⏱ on HC works like Traz
With our guild bonus, you can get 3 collections every 48 hrs or collect every 16 hours.

Algona

Do you think it would be better to replace ToR with HC and use the extra 6x6 for something a little more consistent in it's productivity?

Interesting question.

No.

ToR encourages GE specifically, something INNO obviously wanted when they created it.

May it please the court (I've been watching too much Perry Mason) the question assumes facts not in evidence. To wit, ToR is incredibly consistent. It does exactly what it purports to do, my Inventory is glutted with ToR prizes, I've spent thousands of ToR FPs and Goods and Troops.

Sal's right, the Prizes from Himeji are way better then ToR. The Prizes from Tor could be revisited, but that is different form whether ToR consistently gives those prizes.

Silly question on this vein though. I could do it. but I'm feeling way too lazy to tackle the question. Assume player does 64 GE per week and ignoring slippage that Himeji attacks are all used every day and that both GBs are the same level.

In a given week which has the higher number of expected Prizes at any given level?

DeletedUser30312

Not that you're wrong. However, I've received 450 FPs from it so far and it's only at level 6. More than half of those were received before level 6. I also received goods and Rogues from it before level 6. I'm not sure it needs what you say it does to be effective. Sure, to "get the most out of" any GB, you'd need to take it up to level infinity. The higher the GB, the more you get from it... from any GB. But it's been very effective, which is all I need it to be so see it as having been well worth it. Plus, it's damn attractive. Inno's talented artists strike again!

Well, ATM I just don't have the FP to spend on prints and then goods, plus I need to go over the city layout to work it in. It's definitely on the list, but I'll probably need to level up to ME at least first since there's some planned additions I want to put into the city as well.

Not advocating for swapping one for the other, but the ToR gives out a lot less useful stuff... even garbage... and the best rewards aren't even close to that of the Himeji Castle. Just thinking out loud.

Right, the most desirable rewards from the ToR -- FP, rogues, goods -- have better outputs from the HC, but the ToR is definitely easier to build and level. And there's the limits on collection from the HC, but the ToR is always active, though limited by GE encounters completed. Assuming full level 4 of GE, a ToR has 64 chances a week. Himeji gets x9 at level 58, and if collected every day, that's 63 chances a week. But the Himeji also seems to have a higher rate of activation than the ToR. Of course, the Himeji requires fighting, so it's not a good match for farmers, where the ToR doesn't care about fighting or farming. The ToR can also reward GE-exclusive buildings which are good for a city that's starting to get off the ground, but over time becomes less useful for a city participating in and succeeding at events and DCs which reward better stuff.

RazorbackPirate

ToR is incredibly consistent. It does exactly what it purports to do, my Inventory is glutted with ToR prizes, I've spent thousands of ToR FPs and Goods and Troops.

Sal's right, the Prizes from Himeji are way better then ToR. The Prizes from Tor could be revisited, but that is different form whether ToR consistently gives those prizes.
I agree with this. The fact that your inventory is glutted with ToR prizes points to a problem with the prizes, not to a problem with ToR. Across the board the prizes in GE, including the ones offered by relics, could use a complete overhaul. Nothing needs to necessarily go away, just re-balanced so there's less stuff sitting in inventory, unused.

IngeJones

I wouldn't get rid of the ToR. It's not expensive to level and does pay out. My only regret with the ToR is that the jade relic gives out prizes that are relatively unwanted by me, compared to the gold. I'd like it if the jade had a 200FP prize, since the gold's 100FP is my favorite

DeletedUser36624

I had 3 jades in my GE this week, and it was a letdown. Wish they were gold. Even keeping the 100FP from gold, but upping the chance to 25-30% would be great.

RazorbackPirate

GE I - III was introduced May 11, 2016, ToR was introduced July 21, 2016, GE championships were introduced Sept 6, 2016, GE IV was introduced Feb 2017 along with the GE specific rewards.

Everything in GE is now 2+ years old. I'm hoping that means it's all ripe for a refresh. In the wake of HC, now more than ever. I don't think it would take much. Some level 2 upgrades, a few shrink kits, re-balancing rewards on levels and in relics toward less inventory stuffers, and maybe a chance at some diamonds in a rare relic. Make the level 2 stuff rare, hard to attain, and worth leveling ToR more to make it worth the continued time and effort.

HC adds to the value of GE if you battle there, but there's not enough battles to sustain a higher level HC. As it stands, having yet to build either Traz or ToR for various reasons, once my Arc hits 80, Himeji seems the 'best' next GB to build. I had planned on building both Traz and ToR next, but not anymore. Seems I'll get much better output per tile with HC, then use the greater output to hyper level HS for happy and even more FPs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33179

GE I - III was introduced May 11, 2016, ToR was introduced July 21, 2016, GE championships were introduced Sept 6, 2016, GE IV was introduced Feb 2016 along with the GE specific rewards.

Everything in GE is now 3+ years old. I'm hoping that means it's all ripe for a refresh. In the wake of HC, now more than ever. I don't think it would take much. Some level 2 upgrades, a few shrink kits, re-balancing rewards on levels and in relics toward less inventory stuffers, and maybe a chance at some diamonds in a rare relic. Make the level 2 stuff rare, hard to attain, and worth leveling ToR more to make it worth the continued time and effort.

HC adds to the value of GE if you battle there, but there's not enough battles to sustain a higher level HC. As it stands, having yet to build either Traz or ToR for various reasons, once my Arc hits 80, Himeji seems the 'best' next GB to build. I had planned on building both Traz and ToR next, but not anymore. Seems I'll get much better output per tile with HC, then use the greater output to hyper level HS for happy and even more FPs.

Dates a little off? How could GE4 be introduced in Feb 2016 if 1-3 were introduced in May 2016 :)