Himeji Castle Worth?

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by mamboking053, Feb 4, 2019.

1. KingJase24

KingJase24 Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar, Sinerania, Xyr
    Yes, FP relics are good, but measuring the drop rate of FPs against HC, HC wins hands down.

Respectfully disagree, unless you're talking about that once-a-year moment or so when a new GB drops in which case yes you might catch lightning in a bottle before anyone else does. Otherwise, get in a leveling group, contact friends, look on ForgeDB for who's leveling the GB in question, etc. Relying on random BPs is silly IMHO.

Have more than I'll probably ever use, and I get more all the time through "regular" GE prizes (encounters) as well as events, daily challenges, etc.

Just level your Traz.

In any event, I took the plunge and deleted ToR this morning. Will see how it goes. I can always rebuild it if I miss it too much.

2. Konrad the mediocre

Konrad the mediocre Well-Known Member

ToR can give you units whether you have the barracks or not, just not reliably.
    Or 2-lane roads. Also, TFs are relatively easy to get while sunken treasures were only available for a limited amount of time and required decent luck (or at least not the awful luck I had).

3. KingJase24

KingJase24 Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar, Sinerania, Xyr
    I'm not denying ToR has some benefits. As noted previously, it does occasionally drop FPs, and as you note it drop military units you don't have racks for. I'm not saying it's useless like Notre Dame or the Colosseum. I'm just saying that IMO 36 tiles is a lot of space for something that's more of a gimmick than a fundamental GB. I've always had one until now; now that the HC has come along (the same size, conveniently) I'm switching to that as my "gimmick" GB. I would still recommend ToR to players starting out; I just think at a certain point it's not as efficient as other options relative to its size and production output. Not so much about ToR being bad, just that other better stuff arrives and phases it out.

4. xivarmy

xivarmy Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to beat HC - it just has to beat whatever you put in the space instead.