• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: GALILEO GALILEI

Algona

Might be just me but the link on the announcement to the wiki page did not work.

I ground through 64 lGE Encounters to get SSW, I reckon I can grind through random.quests for this.

That's two pretty good przes in a row, well done INNO.

DeletedUser29736

I'm sorry, but can't find the video in the OP, and the wiki link for the building ends in error as well?

DeletedUser26154

what an avatar ? a sad sack M&M LOLOLOLOL ......... so long as the devs put a STOP to acquiring provinces as the final event quest then I;m a happy camper.....the ALTERNATIVE is the way to go with these mini events ..... and yes I;m still pushing my rock up that hill..........

If anyone is curious,
I don't know what to make of his post.
I don't understand it.

njnjn.png

I can't tell if I should like it or not.

DeletedUser26120

I don't know what to make of his post.
Basically he wants them to stop requiring a province conquer at the end of every questline.

Personally I think that's a bit much to ask. Quests are supposed to help people advance through the game, and they've already taken away scouting and conquering sectors as a favor to the players. I don't think they'll take away conquering a province altogether - they'd have no way left to force us to advance the game.

DeletedUser13838

I'm on the story line quest in OF3 that requires me to take 5 sectors without fighting. That's a lot of goods. :oops:

Any chance negotiating in GE will count?

DeletedUser28970

" ... Inno does not give players notice if both their MAP and RESEARCH are properly synchronized .... hence players are being forced to SCOUT / ACQUIRE PROVINCES above their research levels making 'EVENT'tual events that much more difficult to achieve hence more disappointed players, less activity by active players and eventually on to another game full of 'ALGONA'rithms aka algorithms ... "

I agree ... assuming this is mostly 'tongue in cheek'. I am at a stage where I can't do anything with 'provinces' or 'sectors' or 'scouting' since that would require me to go up an age. And I'm not ready to do that quite yet. So I am forced to sit back and watch these 'hysterical questlines' pass me by. I would have loved to have gotten that Rosarium but by about the 3rd step of the quest I was unable to proceed further. But does it really matter? These quest are all basically the same boring stuff time after time after time: random award = 5 goods, random award = 1000 coins, random award = 3 pigs in a poke, etc.

So, I choose not to play this one .... besides the fact that the 'special' building this time really just a piece of junk.

PS: isn't whining what the forum is for??? ;)

DeletedUser30312

I do believe this event gives the option either taking a province OR donating goods to the treasury at the end. From what I've read about the Beta version if this event, any city advancement can be avoided completely in this one. However, the player will need to pony up 1200 current age goods to the guild treasury for that. That is a lot, fortunately I read about this several weeks ago, and have the needed goods stockpiled, I also gave my guild a heads up so they could prepare too.

The prize is basically a SoK (well, okay a rotated SSW) with a little defense bonus on it. Yeah, I've been looking forward to this one ever since I learned about it.

DeletedUser28970

okay: it's groovy for you and junk for me .... different strokes for different folks. I'm no fun at all: I have learned not to debate strategy (or lack of it), buildings, or armies. (my own Urban Survival Strategy) ;)

DeletedUser28970

How is a 2x3 building that gives 1fp and defense bonus junk?

Oh for Pete's sake! You really, really can't be serious?
One FP per day, dependent on motivation, isn't even worth discussing. That's just a cruel joke. So let's just forget that.

As for the rest of it (coin and defense):

One regular residence and 2 watchfires would give you the same and more,
Six watchfires would give 6x as much defense in the same footprint!
The list could go on and on.

Do what you want! I still say it's junk and definitely not worth the costs of suffering through an expensive secondary 12-step historical quest.
If I choose not to conquer it would cost me at least 1200 goods plus whatever else ....

That's it, no more from me, I'm not getting sucked into a goofy argument on this point. :) :)