• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: GALILEO GALILEI

DeletedUser27940

If I'm not mistaken, it specifies that the goods donated must be from your current age or the previous one. Since you are in Bronze Age, and there is an alternative in the quest, you need to do the alternative. This is not a new complaint, by the way, it's as old as the "research a tech" quests are.
Hello Stephen, you are 100% right about the Bronze Age goods not being able to be donated to the guild treasury and having an alternative to doing the quest, but on previous complaints you had the option of Researching a Technology but you had no other options to go with it and you either had the research or not and you stayed or you moved forward on to the next age. My complaint is new because even though now you have an alternative in the quest to move on, what it does is FORCE you to move on to the next age if you want to continue playing the quest. On previous quest we had the option to Research a new Technology or donate goods to the guild treasury which I was okay with because it would let me go on to the next quest, but now what InnoGames did is that they changed it to "Research a Technology or Contribute goods FROM YOUR CURRENT AGE OR PREVIOUS AGE". By them doing this if you are in the Bronze Age, it will not let you go on to the next quest because at that age those goods can't be contributed as you already know. So this is a new complaint that all new and old Bronze Age players will have when it comes to playing all coming future events like the one that will have 3 parts to it and all 3 parts will ask for the same thing to either Research or donate Current goods from your age or from previous age. One thing gets fixed and another one gets screwed. I am extremely happy being at Bronze Age and have no intentions on moving on forward because there are alot of good benefits for me. I contribute to my own buildings and I build my attack/defense levels to high status and out of my 8 worlds, I have 5 in the Bronze Age and the other 3 are past the Bronze Age and with all honesty I have more fun in the Bronze Age since I have lots of previous event prize buildings that give me lots of forge points(30-40 daily to collect including the town hall), and those go to my buildings to level. Anyhow, I'm not venting at you. and I do appreciate your comment but InnoGames sometimes pretends to be deaf and don't want to hear our concerns, so this message is for them to see since they forget that we the players are the ones who are making them richer but when greed gets in the way, then the shark realizes that there is no more fish to feast on.

DeletedUser27940

I suspect that it is harder to stay in the bronze age than others.
You should not have risked 300 goods. You should have donated 1-10 and verified that you had credit. Since that would have shown you that you did not want to donate any more, you would have had 290 goods to trade with to get the bronze age goods you needed.
The trading center is in the collection of buttons at the bottom left of the game screen.
Maybe you can still make it, but if not, consider this a lesson learned and be very grateful that it was learned in a minor event.
Hello SunnyRadiance. I stay in the Bronze Age because its easier and more fun for me. But you are totally right that I learned my lesson! I was under the impression that the Event was going to be just like the others where you could donate goods to the treasury and it didn't matter what age you were on.( It did hurt losing those 300 goods because I had been saving them since the last event ended. so it took forever to get, but I had them).The thing that sucks now is that all future events will be harder for people in the Bronze Age to move forward to the next quest because now you either Research a Technology or Contribute goods from your CURRENT age or from previous age. Being in Bronze Age you cannot contribute those goods to the guild treasury and there is nothing before that neither. My beef with Innogames is that they are now forcing you to move forward in ages by adding the word, "current age", to all future events coming. This will suck for all new and old Bronze Age players who do not have anything to Research or decide to stay in that age. I personally don't have any plans on moving forward to the next ages. There is alot of benefits that I get out of being here and the sad thing is that many, many players just rushed from the Bronze Age to other ages without giving it a go and finding out what they had missed. From previous events, I collected the prize buildings and they give me good forge points daily including my town hall building and I use those forge points to level my buildings all the way past level 10 and I don't have to worry about everything being so darn expensive in the upper ages. Anyhow, thank you for your comment and if you know anyone in your guild that is in the Bronze Age and they can't Research, just pass this message to them so that they too don't get screwed by losing those donated goods, and those of you who are reading this, pass this on to your guildmembers who are also on the Bronze Age so they don't get headaches in the next long event that is coming where they have to Research not one but three(3) Technologies and the total goods to donate are just crazy!!!!!

DeletedUser27940

YOU MUST MOVE OUT OF BRONZE AGE .......... this was a change implemented by INNO a few years ago ..... i do not remember the exact moment in time when this was implemented but there are NO BENEFITS to staying in the BRONZE AGE ....in fact, I do not believe you can contribute to GBs if still in Bronze age....I tried this tactic way back when new servers were being introduced. Just get out of that AGE ASAP .
Hello Edward_MMXIII. You are correct and it is true that you cannot contribute forge points to other members Great Buildings until you move up in ages and you Research the Technology that unlocks that perk. I've been in the Bronze Age for a while now and I've been doing alot of previous events but now InnoGames changed the rules one more time and this time those who are in the Bronze Age and have nothing to Research are pretty much screwed due that the other option is for us to contribute goods to the treasury. But here is where the New problem arises. Previously if you didn't have anything to Research then you had to donate goods to your guild treasury, which was no problem and you just moved on to the next quest. Now, the problem with all future events coming (including this one right now) is that InnoGames is now FORCING you to get out of Bronze Age and move on to the next age by having either to Research a Technology or donate goods to the guild treasury from," YOUR CURRENT AGE or PREVIOUS AGE, and as we all know that there is no way to donate any goods from the Bronze Age and there is nothing previous to that! That is where my beef is at with them. Why change it when it wasn't hurting anyone. I wasn't aware of this new change and when I got to quest #5, I donated the required 300 goods to the guild treasury and nothing happened. As I mentioned earlier I was under the impression that this quest was going to be exactly like the other past quests and I ended getting screwed out of those 300 goods that I had been saving since the previous event ended, it took forever but managed to get the goods.
I have 8 worlds and 5 of those are in the Bronze Age. I don't understand as to why you are intimidated or scared of the Bronze Age claiming that there is no benefit of being here. We all play differently and I have more fun being in the Bronze Age than the other 3 higher ages of the other worlds. Many players just rushed to get out and move as fast as they could. Not me. I enjoy the benefits that I get being in the Bronze Age. What are they? Well, let me tell you. From previous Events I managed to collect every prize and now I get to collect about 30-40 daily forge points, my attack/defense has gone up due to me putting up my forge points to my buildings which everyone of them is past level 10 and I got lots of coins/supplies which I will be needing later on when I get to higher ages since everything will be astronomically high, so I rather go slow by leveling my Great Buildings, collecting large amount of coins/supplies and getting many, many blueprints daily that help me unlock new buildings from higher ages, my taverns are almost maxed out with close to 200,000-300,000 tavern silver, and in some of this maps I don't have a guild and I still do good for being in the Bronze Age. I guess that I rather be prepared and learn the ropes at my pace because once I get everything that I needed from the Bronze Age then I will move on to the next ages within a couple of weeks and get to the desired age that I would want to be, but like I said earlier, we all play differently and we all rush differently. We make the game how we want it to be and we are the ones in control of it and when InnoGames fixes one thing something else gets screwed. So those of you who are reading this, and you are starting out in the Bronze Age, just remember to make it your game and you play your style whether it be recklessly fast or slowly and get some benefits with it and don't be intimidated to rush through it, just enjoy it your way but just be careful with all upcoming quest because the next one will have you Researching 3 times or donating crazy amounts of goods. Now only if InnoGames decides to fix this mess, we will have to see.

DeletedUser27940

Here's the solution INNO ..... as the game loads you have those tiny boxes that give HINTS / SUGGESTIONS to players as a REMINDER.....perhaps you need to create one that advises players NOT TO REMAIN IN BRONZE AGE longer than necessary ..... better to stay in IRON AGE like my buddy once did but no longer plays the game ...... below is his IRON AGE CITY which I've had to display in 3 parts....

View attachment 6236

That's a level 46 Arc I helped build

View attachment 6237

I helped build most of these GBs.....just could not keep up with his geniusView attachment 6238

I miss ya buddy Fritz_ ........... All this while in IRON AGE
That is impressive! You see how everyone has their style of playing FOE. Your friend Fritz knew what he was doing and played the way he wanted to. That is the same thing that I'm doing being in the Bronze Age. My other maps are in the Iron/low.middle ages too but I have more benefits being in Bronze Age. Just like your friend Fritz that is my goal to have all the big buildings and level them high. In this age I have managed to get almost all of the blueprints for the following buildings: Rainforest/Space Needle/The Ark/The Habitat/Dynamic Tower/Arctic Orangery/Voyager V1/Atlantis Museum/Gaea Statue/Lotus Temple and many others like Observatory and Temple or Relic(these 2 are ready to go but won't be using them soon and the others above I will have to get the goods which I know it will take me forever but as long as the Blueprints keep coming daily then I don't worry too much. Maybe once I get all my goods and I'm ready to go to the Iron Age, then you can help me build my Great Buildings and pass level 100. My map is small but my ambition is high.

DeletedUser27940

When I made that post, I did not know that you cannot donate Bronze Age goods to guild treasury. Either the devs need to make a special case for Bronze Age, or you need to move up to Iron Age and build a beautiful Iron Age city. I think you will find it a lot easier to make a lovely Iron age city.
I just think that the Developers just go a little too lazy or I hope its an oversight in their part. Out of my 8 worlds that I play on, 5 of them are in the Bronze Age and the other 3 are in the Iron Age/Lower/Middle Age. I play all of them but I just enjoy the Bronze Age better because everything is cheaper to get and I don't feel stressed out about doing this or doing that. Bronze Age is more calmed for me and I get way better prizes than being on the other 3 worlds. All my buildings are passed level 10 and the daily forge points I get are pretty good and not only that but my taverns have over 200k in tavern silver and my coins/supplies are in the 1 mill mark so I get to save it so when I move on to other ages but once I achieve my goals being in the Bronze Age. But yes I do agree that the Iron Age is beautiful city but I don't focus too much on them because the rewards are not doing it for me like the Bronze Age does for me.

DeletedUser26154

I miss ya buddy Fritz_ ........... All this while in IRON AGE

I've seen a city on Rugnir, that had the same idea in mind.
I looked at it and at first, thought it was a waste of space.
But it was beautiful, even though not the most efficient with roads.

images (24).jpg

Low era, with GBs that put him in the 15 million point bracket.

DeletedUser

Hello Stephen, you are 100% right about the Bronze Age goods not being able to be donated to the guild treasury and having an alternative to doing the quest, but on previous complaints you had the option of Researching a Technology but you had no other options to go with it and you either had the research or not and you stayed or you moved forward on to the next age. My complaint is new because even though now you have an alternative in the quest to move on, what it does is FORCE you to move on to the next age if you want to continue playing the quest. On previous quest we had the option to Research a new Technology or donate goods to the guild treasury which I was okay with because it would let me go on to the next quest, but now what InnoGames did is that they changed it to "Research a Technology or Contribute goods FROM YOUR CURRENT AGE OR PREVIOUS AGE". By them doing this if you are in the Bronze Age, it will not let you go on to the next quest because at that age those goods can't be contributed as you already know. So this is a new complaint that all new and old Bronze Age players will have when it comes to playing all coming future events like the one that will have 3 parts to it and all 3 parts will ask for the same thing to either Research or donate Current goods from your age or from previous age. One thing gets fixed and another one gets screwed. I am extremely happy being at Bronze Age and have no intentions on moving on forward because there are alot of good benefits for me. I contribute to my own buildings and I build my attack/defense levels to high status and out of my 8 worlds, I have 5 in the Bronze Age and the other 3 are past the Bronze Age and with all honesty I have more fun in the Bronze Age since I have lots of previous event prize buildings that give me lots of forge points(30-40 daily to collect including the town hall), and those go to my buildings to level. Anyhow, I'm not venting at you. and I do appreciate your comment but InnoGames sometimes pretends to be deaf and don't want to hear our concerns, so this message is for them to see since they forget that we the players are the ones who are making them richer but when greed gets in the way, then the shark realizes that there is no more fish to feast on.
Listen, I'm the last one to tell you how to play your game, especially since you're not in my guild or on my friends list. However, staying in Bronze Age is a clearly very non-standard way to play this game. I don't mean that as a critical comment, I mean it to point out that those with this particular problem are going to be a very tiny minority of the total number of players. The thing about playing your own way, whatever way that is, is that you make your choices and you live with the consequences. Clearly you have learned of a new consequence of your choice to stay in Bronze Age. The thing is, there is zero chance that Inno is going to change this to accommodate so few players. The odds of someone playing like you do spending real money on this game is probably very low, so there is no upside to them doing anything about your issue. For every other player that either moves up from time to time, or parks in Iron Age or above, this is a non-issue. The other thing that naturally crosses my mind, as a guild leader, is that I would not allow a person playing your style to stay in my guild very long. The reason being that you would not be able to support your fellow guildmates. They would undoubtedly help you with your GBs, but you would be unable to reciprocate, thus making you a drag on the guild. You would be unable to help with either GE or GvG. There would actually be very little benefit to a guild to have you as a member. And, if you were on my friends list, I would seriously consider dumping you after a fairly short time. All I would be able to get by aiding you would be Zeus/Babel prints, and just like in the guild, I could never expect to get any FPs on my GBs from you. You might think about these points. You could still have all the benefits you currently have if you moved up to Iron Age, but you would be able to contribute to the guild then. I suspect this is the real reason you stay in Bronze Age, so that you can't be expected to help. You seem to me...and I could be wrong...but based on what you've said, you seem to be a player that only cares about benefitting himself, not guildmates or friends.

DeletedUser

See, the thing is that a lot of us run into event/story quests that may not coincide with our normal flow or style of play. What I, and many others undoubtedly, do is determine if I want to adjust my gameflow/style to accommodate fulfillment of the quest. Factors would be the benefits of completing the quest/questline, and whether I am comfortable with what my gameflow/style will be afterwards. Then I act on my decision, one way or the other, and live with it. I recognize that there is a normal, expected gameflow built into the game, and if I choose not to follow it closely that there are aspects of the game I may miss out on or not be able to fully benefit from. But it's my choice, not the fault of Inno, so I don't come complaining and expecting them to change the game just for my individual choices.

DeletedUser26154

See, the thing is that a lot of us run into event/story quests that may not coincide with our normal flow or style of play. What I, and many others undoubtedly, do is determine if I want to adjust my gameflow/style to accommodate fulfillment of the quest. Factors would be the benefits of completing the quest/questline, and whether I am comfortable with what my gameflow/style will be afterwards. Then I act on my decision, one way or the other, and live with it. I recognize that there is a normal, expected gameflow built into the game, and if I choose not to follow it closely that there are aspects of the game I may miss out on or not be able to fully benefit from. But it's my choice, not the fault of Inno, so I don't come complaining and expecting them to change the game just for my individual choices.

Or you could have...

just did this.png

Just posted this.

ITown

not the best event reward ever, but at least better than the hedge maze.

the goods donations quests are obnoxious though. Basically non-options for me, since there is zero value in contributing AF or OF goods to our treasury. I wish my arc's goods counted.

ITown

I'm not one of the players that has pushed the devs into creating an obnoxious twist of the game by coming up with ages TOMORROW, THE FUTURE, ARCTIC FUTURE part 1 part b , OCEANIC FUTURE parts d.u.m.b. , ad infinitum, ad absurdum. The whalers i.e. paying players have pushed the game devs to where the game stands way up there with GBs created out of thin air save The Seed Vault !

Next era = MARS part V

Treasury option worked just fine in all 8 worlds I'm engaged.
The game is old enough that one does not need to be a "paying player" to get bored with the middle ages...

I've spent maybe $30 on this game, have gone inactive for a combined year+ since joining F, and still have no trouble reaching end of tech again and again.

DeletedUser27940

Listen, I'm the last one to tell you how to play your game, especially since you're not in my guild or on my friends list. However, staying in Bronze Age is a clearly very non-standard way to play this game. I don't mean that as a critical comment, I mean it to point out that those with this particular problem are going to be a very tiny minority of the total number of players. The thing about playing your own way, whatever way that is, is that you make your choices and you live with the consequences. Clearly you have learned of a new consequence of your choice to stay in Bronze Age. The thing is, there is zero chance that Inno is going to change this to accommodate so few players. The odds of someone playing like you do spending real money on this game is probably very low, so there is no upside to them doing anything about your issue. For every other player that either moves up from time to time, or parks in Iron Age or above, this is a non-issue. The other thing that naturally crosses my mind, as a guild leader, is that I would not allow a person playing your style to stay in my guild very long. The reason being that you would not be able to support your fellow guildmates. They would undoubtedly help you with your GBs, but you would be unable to reciprocate, thus making you a drag on the guild. You would be unable to help with either GE or GvG. There would actually be very little benefit to a guild to have you as a member. And, if you were on my friends list, I would seriously consider dumping you after a fairly short time. All I would be able to get by aiding you would be Zeus/Babel prints, and just like in the guild, I could never expect to get any FPs on my GBs from you. You might think about these points. You could still have all the benefits you currently have if you moved up to Iron Age, but you would be able to contribute to the guild then. I suspect this is the real reason you stay in Bronze Age, so that you can't be expected to help. You seem to me...and I could be wrong...but based on what you've said, you seem to be a player that only cares about benefitting himself, not guildmates or friends.
It's interesting that you forgot to ask me if I own an Observatory Building. I do and it's funny how sometimes everyone might think that low level players are just sitting there scratching their almonds. My Observatory is also past level ten and since I can't do Expeditions yet, due to my age, the 280 Iron Age goods that my Observatory is producing to the guild treasury every week is way more than what others contribute to the guild and if I didn't care about the guild then I would have never built it. Not only that but if I never wanted to complete my tavern to the fullest and have guild members and friends come get a shot of getting themselves some forge points for sitting at my tavern or me aiding them daily then I would be just benefiting myself. Everyone forgets that what you can do in other ages like the Iron Age you can also do it in the Bronze Age as long as you have a strategy and a plan on how you will help your guild grow stronger and older. Whenever you have a chance come on down to my world in Vingrid for yourself and if you are not in my guild but are in my neighborhood I won't hesitate to aid you because by me aiding you at least I will be getting myself some coins and possibly some blueprints in the process and like I tell my guildmembers that if they want to contribute to my Great Buildings they could do so if they wish too but it's not expected nor required since I pretty much have no issues leveling my buildings on my own and whether it be guildmembers or friends that want to score some blueprints and forge points they jump at the opportunity to do so because they will not want to miss out on the great rewards that they'll get and if they put in 1 forge point or 100 forge points, they want that award no matter what. The time I've been in my guilds being in this age, never have I had a guildmember kick me out of the guild and based on my play style there has never been any consequences due to it. The way I see it is that if you are an active player with your guild and you help out as much as you can and they see that you are doing something to help out with the guild, they should have no problems with you based on how you play or how your style of play is or whether you decide to stay on Bronze Age and not move forward, they can't see you as selfish and you are just there for your own without caring for others. Also forgot to mention to you that even though I don't have an Observatory in my other Bronze Age world, I still collect my goods and trade them up in the marketplace for Iron Age goods and then when a new expedition starts, I contribute enough goods to the guild treasury and then save some for the events which I no longer will participate and waste my time on them but as long as I contribute to the guild treasury I'm making sure that my guild gets a chance to get some Iron Age goods so when its time for the Expeditions they shouldn't have to worry about collecting those goods since I do this on a weekly time frame to all my Bronze Age worlds except the ones that I have an Observatory for. Hope this clarifies it for you, peace out.

DeletedUser26154

I expect nothing less from free MMOGs

Remember:
Free to play means you don't have to pay to be here.

It still costs Inno money to run the servers.
To hire programmers.
To hire anyone else a business needs.
To pay for advertisements.
To play for all the expenses a business has.
Inno can't run the game for free.

People who have been on the internet before the Free to Play model understand all this.
We all know and remember how it was with subscription-based games.
We remember when the F2P model was first introduced.
Those "new" [relative term] to the MMO world do not remember subscription-pay model MMO games.

wol.png

So they think everything is free.

Algona

you need to create one that advises players NOT TO REMAIN IN BRONZE AGE longer than necessary ..

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Just because you don't know the potentials of BA doesn't mean they aren't there. How much did you spend to get your first GB and how long did it take?

I had Zeus in 3 days w/o spending any FPs. 2 weeks in BA I was grinding 50 RQs a day, lvl 5 Zeus, lvl 3 Babel, a couple hundred Inv FP and almost 1000 Goods including 150 IA Goods. Most important I had 50 BPs of higher Era GBs. including almost all BPs for CdM, LoA, CoA, SMB,all without spending an FP. Meaning two weeks into IA I had CdM, CoA, and LoA up and running.

Also if you aren't pushing so hard on the Continent you don't have to worry about scouting and taking Provinces. So zipping through Events is pretty easy. The longest I've taken to do a Historical Event in this city is 2 days.

Meanwhile on topic: Nice job of listening to the masses and finding alternate Quest fulfillments.

DeletedUser27940

Remember:
Free to play means you don't have to pay to be here.

It still costs Inno money to run the servers.
To hire programmers.
To hire anyone else a business needs.
To pay for advertisements.
To play for all the expenses a business has.
Inno can't run the game for free.

People who have been on the internet before the Free to Play model understand all this.
We all know and remember how it was with subscription-based games.
We remember when the F2P model was first introduced.
Those "new" [relative term] to the MMO world do not remember subscription-pay model MMO games.

View attachment 6286

So they think everything is free.
Yes, it does cost them money to run the servers and pay all staff that's involved in the game. Its a business and they need to make $$ out of it. But, they need to remember that in order to survive and hang in there, they need to have a way to entice players to play their game in order to survive. If no one plays the game then they cease to exist and disperse because they can no longer pay their employees a salary. Nothing in this world is free and we all know that. Free to play is not really free and you already know that there is always a catch involved. You may not have to pay in monetary value but they know that you will pay according to how much you enjoy the game. If you get addicted to it then they know that they hooked you like a fish and eventually you'll end up spending money somehow buying something from them. Like you say that they cannot run the game for free but what I say is that they'll get you hook and eventually you'll end up buying diamonds from them to continue playing the game that they created for you to come and play on a daily basis. This might not be you but how do you think they are paying their staff. Back in the days before the internet gamers like myself would go to the "arcade" and use coins to play the hottest game that was available and then go home and play on our Atari 2600.
InnoGames is a smart company that will hire "professional volunteers" to do some moderation or help out other gamers thrughout the game but they will not pay them a cent or consider them employees. Nowadays anyone can be here and play for free and depending on how much they love this game they will pay to be here so they can continue playing the game they love. Some and there are many out there that will say that they will never spend a dime in FOE just to buy diamonds but eventually they'll end up buying them one day or another and InnoGames knows this and that's why they entice you to play it so once you get all into the game you eventually end up buying some diamonds or something else from the website. Many people are cheap and will not buy anything and enjoy the game as it is. There is nothing wrong with that even though many will think that yes it is a free game and they will never buy diamonds, but the reality is that its not only costing Innogames but the player is paying his or her share of the bill by using what ever method of connection to the game which internet nowadays is not free and also by spending 1 or 5 hours daily playing the game and not only here in United States by many other countries that will get hooked to FOE and help support to keep the company still around until they have unhappy customers that will decide not to play the game for whatever reason or some other competitor lured the player away from them so then what happens? InnoGames knows that in order to stay in top they need to have a happy player because if a player is not happy then that player moves on to something else that will make them happy. If there are no customers, then there is no business. So the reality is that you do have to pay to be here whether it be with $$ or with your time and dedication to the game on a daily basis and they can run the game for free if they chose to just like other companies have done so and are still doing so. If you search you will find it, just like I found my 8 track (you probably don't remember what that is) so its time to go and listen to my jam. peace out!

DeletedUser

It's interesting that you forgot to ask me if I own an Observatory Building
I did not forget to ask you that. I don't care if you have an Observatory. And I'm tired of reading long, tedious defenses of staying in Bronze Age. Stay there as long as you want. Just don't expect Inno to care about your problems that stem from playing in such a non-standard manner. I certainly don't.