• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: GALILEO GALILEI

DeletedUser31199

I always wonder, why save those packs? I think its better to use them, then sniff them.
Apart from saving it for HQS leaping, in early enough ages, I always use the packs, so they can help advancing you today.

Well, I saved them to help myself later. For instance, I just moved on to Iron Age (a very pretty Town Hall) and used about 12 of them so far doing the research tech tree to access all the expansion rewards and the goods buildings. Just 4 or 5 jobs left and I'll be in the next era if I wanted to keep advancing fast. I'll stick around here for a bit, though.

DeletedUser31199

Sadly it was over before it really began for me...

View attachment 6407

Your link to your Fair Trade discussion is interesting, but I don't have sufficient "I am an equal human" status to reply, so I'll reply here. I believe in Fair Trade because I have recently learned how expensive goods are in later ages. I just spent 58,000 supplies to build a talc cutter. I had to spend several days and lots of goods in GE level 3 and 4 to gain the FPs and supplies to get to that tech job, earn the talc cutter, plant all the 10,000 supply houses for the humongous population needed for that ONE good building. I spend 1600 supplies to get 5 goods and I only spent a fraction of that for a single good building in the prior eras, especially BA. To tell me that I only deserve 5 marble for 5 talc powder is an insult to my intelligence and hard work of many days of frantic scrambling.

Also, it is a slap in the face for a trader to offer 9 marble in trade for 10 dye. I am the one spending the FP, not them. Sure, there are times that it is a good idea to trade 10 copper for 10 ropes. But mostly, it's just spitting on me to offer 8 ropes for 10 glass. These offers happen all the time, and aren't offered for any reason other than to get the best of someone.

Buyer beware. But, like plundering, I just shrug and refuse to accept those offers, even though more and more people are doing it. I also unfriend people who do it if it is a serious littering of my trade market, making it difficult to find fair trades.

DeletedUser26154

Your link to your Fair Trade discussion is interesting, but I don't have sufficient "I am an equal human" status to reply, so I'll reply here. I believe in Fair Trade because I have recently learned how expensive goods are in later ages. I just spent 58,000 supplies to build a talc cutter. I had to spend several days and lots of goods in GE level 3 and 4 to gain the FPs and supplies to get to that tech job, earn the talc cutter, plant all the 10,000 supply houses for the humongous population needed for that ONE good building. I spend 1600 supplies to get 5 goods and I only spent a fraction of that for a single good building in the prior eras, especially BA. To tell me that I only deserve 5 marble for 5 talc powder is an insult to my intelligence and hard work of many days of frantic scrambling.

Also, it is a slap in the face for a trader to offer 9 marble in trade for 10 dye. I am the one spending the FP, not them. Sure, there are times that it is a good idea to trade 10 copper for 10 ropes. But mostly, it's just spitting on me to offer 8 ropes for 10 glass. These offers happen all the time, and aren't offered for any reason other than to get the best of someone.

Buyer beware. But, like plundering, I just shrug and refuse to accept those offers, even though more and more people are doing it. I also unfriend people who do it if it is a serious littering of my trade market, making it difficult to find fair trades.

That Fair Trade thread was shut down because it became a shouting match.

DeletedUser31199

That Fair Trade thread was shut down because it became a shouting match.

My bad. I assumed
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
at the bottom of the page meant it was open but I was insufficient ;-)

DeletedUser31199

Yes and let's not repeat fair trade arguments here.

There was a link to it in his post, so I followed the link, read it, and wanted to contribute to the convo but I was unable to, due to the note at the bottom of the page
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
I suppose there could be a "this thread has been closed" statement around there somewhere, I didn't see one, but doesn't mean it isn't visible at some point, so I may stand corrected and deeply apologize to all who are sore over the topic.

DeletedUser5265

I've been playing for several years but just got that itch to start another city in a new world - well, Bronze age is not a happy place as far as I am concerned :-( My city is less than a week old, I did just move up to Iron, but I need fps to trade goods to satisfy a quest, I don't have enough gold to buy the fps, the quest will win me 30 fps - I feel like I am stuck in a roundabout!!! So in my humble opinion, part of the game is moving up in ages, getting different buildings etc. You can still keep your city as neat - or not - as you want.

Agent327

I've been playing for several years but just got that itch to start another city in a new world - well, Bronze age is not a happy place as far as I am concerned :-( My city is less than a week old, I did just move up to Iron, but I need fps to trade goods to satisfy a quest, I don't have enough gold to buy the fps, the quest will win me 30 fps - I feel like I am stuck in a roundabout!!! So in my humble opinion, part of the game is moving up in ages, getting different buildings etc. You can still keep your city as neat - or not - as you want.

What on earth does that have to do with this questline that has ended a long time ago????

Arya66

Two questions..

1) Did you mean to post this in the
HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: GALILEO GALILEI
thread which was started almost a year ago?

2) Do you mean coins or gold? Gold is a good.

RazorbackPirate

Is there a question here? Or just sharing your observations. Why don't you make some BA goods, then trade those. Is there a time limit on the quest?