• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: ROSA PARKS

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser29623

Any questline with random rewards is a chance to win diamonds, so I’m cheering. (But, yeah, fix those GBs)

DeletedUser26532

Yeah if you could change the donation requirements from 800 to something more reasonable that would be great. Sorry it seems this game caters to the mills that stay in industrial than people who try to progress

The point is you have an option:

If you want to advance - take the sector, do the research, scout

If you want to camp - pay a lot of goods for that privilege

That seems perfectly reasonable.

What I cannot understand, is everyone KNOWS that events ask for research, sectors, scouting, etc. Knowing that, why do people race to the end of the tech tree for their age, and then act all shocked that "I have to research and move up?" why not research half the age and then let the rest of it fill in as you're requied to advance.

Or leave some of the dead-end branches with unfulfilled research (I'm in Tomorrow and still have middle ages tech I can go back and research)

DeletedUser14732

Rosa Parks? If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln, there would not have been a civil rights movement. He was only President of the United States, ended slavery in America and preserved the Union, but INNO chooses the one that refused to move to the back of a bus. Just WOW! Abraham Lincoln, the ORIGINAL civil rights icon.

DeletedUser30441

If you're going to try to bring politics in, then at least be educated about it. Lincoln wasn't an original anything. He was a reactionary. Accomplished a bunch, but a reluctant reactionary at least. If you're going to look for an "original" civil rights icon, even in the American context, then Elizabeth Freeman is probably a good place to start. She died about the time Lincoln was born. She was born before the revolution. And then there's Thomas Paine, George Mason, and others.

DeletedUser14732

If you're going to try to bring politics in, then at least be educated about it. Lincoln wasn't an original anything. He was a reactionary. Accomplished a bunch, but a reluctant reactionary at least. If you're going to look for an "original" civil rights icon, even in the American context, then Elizabeth Freeman is probably a good place to start. She died about the time Lincoln was born. She was born before the revolution. And then there's Thomas Paine, George Mason, and others.

Lincoln was the President, Lincoln ended slavery, Lincoln preserved the Union. Without Lincoln there is no civil rights movement, and no emancipation. His accomplishments far exceed Rosa Parks and everyone else you named. When you improve your comprehension skills, you might understand that without Lincoln, there would be no parks. Abraham Lincoln put civil rights on the map in America. As far as injecting politics, INNO did that with this questline.

DeletedUser26120

Hi everyone, let's please keep this thread for Rosa Parks questline discussion.

GBs are already being discussed in 2 or 3 threads. Posts moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31882

Rosa Parks? If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln, there would not have been a civil rights movement. He was only President of the United States, ended slavery in America and preserved the Union, but INNO chooses the one that refused to move to the back of a bus. Just WOW! Abraham Lincoln, the ORIGINAL civil rights icon.
Lincoln was the President, Lincoln ended slavery, Lincoln preserved the Union. Without Lincoln there is no civil rights movement, and no emancipation. His accomplishments far exceed Rosa Parks and everyone else you named. When you improve your comprehension skills, you might understand that without Lincoln, there would be no parks. Abraham Lincoln put civil rights on the map in America. As far as injecting politics, INNO did that with this questline.

If you had the comprehension skills you claim others should have, you would know that historical leaders get a lot of credit for the work of many people and the culmination of cultural/societal shifts. The 13th Amendment was passed by the Senate & House and then ratified at the state level, something Lincoln could influence, but ultimately did not control. Ideally, The executive & legislative branches represent the will of the people.The real victory lies in the hands of the people. Especially the soldiers who fought to keep the Union intact.

I'd say the Missouri Compromise was the 'first' to put civil rights on the U.S. map. Lincoln helped update that map.

Lincoln is a Kool Kat, but let's make sure we put things in the proper perspective.

Bedsides, if you REALLY wanted to critique Rosa Parks... You should be bringing up Claudette Colvin!

That all being said...

I peeked at the wiki to see the line-up of scout/research/province quests were needed to complete the Quest chain. I think I will go ahead and conquer a province to snag the 'upgraded tribal square' that is the Royal Cascade. I kinda agree with @Lynnz123 that there is a weird disconnect between the Royal Cascade and what Rosa Parks stood/stands for. I've only been around since fall so the Ghandi Pavilion is my only benchmark, but is there a precedent for the Historical quest rewards to be a reflection of the individual highlighted in the quest?

DeletedUser8420

I have seen the upcoming quest line for the Rosa event. These event quests lines are getting outrageous with the number of requirements. I haven't been able to finish an event in almost year now. My level of interest in the game has shrank substantially with each event. And with the gb "fix" Inno once again has hamstrung players with the dev's incompetence . So even though I am not affected by the "revision" I am at the point of deciding whether to quit completely.

DeletedUser25166

The point is you have an option:

What I cannot understand, is everyone KNOWS that events ask for research, sectors, scouting, etc. Knowing that, why do people race to the end of the tech tree for their age, and then act all shocked that "I have to research and move up?" why not research half the age and then let the rest of it fill in as you're requied to advance.

Or leave some of the dead-end branches with unfulfilled research (I'm in Tomorrow and still have middle ages tech I can go back and research)
Um maybe because there is an Event every 2 weeks? We are going to hit 18 this year.
Don’t tell me how to play

DeletedUser14732

If you had the comprehension skills you claim others should have, you would know that historical leaders get a lot of credit for the work of many people and the culmination of cultural/societal shifts. The 13th Amendment was passed by the Senate & House and then ratified at the state level, something Lincoln could influence, but ultimately did not control. Ideally, The executive & legislative branches represent the will of the people.The real victory lies in the hands of the people. Especially the soldiers who fought to keep the Union intact.

I'd say the Missouri Compromise was the 'first' to put civil rights on the U.S. map. Lincoln helped update that map.

Lincoln is a Kool Kat, but let's make sure we put things in the proper perspective.

Bedsides, if you REALLY wanted to critique Rosa Parks... You should be bringing up Claudette Colvin!

That all being said...

I peeked at the wiki to see the line-up of scout/research/province quests were needed to complete the Quest chain. I think I will go ahead and conquer a province to snag the 'upgraded tribal square' that is the Royal Cascade. I kinda agree with @Lynnz123 that there is a weird disconnect between the Royal Cascade and what Rosa Parks stood/stands for. I've only been around since fall so the Ghandi Pavilion is my only benchmark, but is there a precedent for the Historical quest rewards to be a reflection of the individual highlighted in the quest?

Abolishing slavery, preserving the Union and emancipating former slaves is minimal compared to refusing to give up your seat on a bus. GOT IT!

Darth Mole

Think I'll sit this one out on all 5 worlds.
Build up supplies etc ready for Winter event.
In fact I think I'll just sit back and watch all these interim events and just focus on the biggies.

DeletedUser28903

Rosa provides a Black female icon. Lincoln would provide yet another White male.
Lincoln was racist as h-***. He thought Blacks greatly inferior, approved of slavery, and issued the Emancipation Proclamation because he was losing the Civil War and need something to turn things around. It freed nobody, partly because he had no lawmaking ability under the Constitution and partly because it said all the slaves were free EXCEPT the ones in territory he actually controlled. Yet it did free all the slaves in the end because it did its job of galvanizing the North into winning the war.

Also, there are hundreds, thousands of historically important individuals to choose from. Inno did not have a two-way-race between Rosa Parks and Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited by a moderator: