• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: ROSA PARKS

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

Salsuero

If you're going to try to bring politics in, then at least be educated about it. Lincoln wasn't an original anything. He was a reactionary. Accomplished a bunch, but a reluctant reactionary at least. If you're going to look for an "original" civil rights icon, even in the American context, then Elizabeth Freeman is probably a good place to start. She died about the time Lincoln was born. She was born before the revolution. And then there's Thomas Paine, George Mason, and others.

Freeman... now you're talking about my ancestors!

DeletedUser8420

well it is already evident that I wont be able to finish this event either... I can't scout a providence and certainly do not have 800 goods to donate to guild treasury ...time to quit this waste of time.

DeletedUser8420

Agreed .... I've come to learn these historical events are to engage 'campers' into going further .... i only see 2 possible worlds where this could be completed but i am reluctant to move forward since research is again behind the Continental Map ....i.e. colonial research with early industrial map

with that said I may do PART of the event.....but i peeped the quest line below :

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Rosa_Parks_Historical_Questline

BTW look at the list of Historical Events....she fits right in with all the other PEOPLE on the list .....doesn't she ?

I may begin sitting out of all the events ..... is the drudgery worth the rewards ?

When an alternative no longer becomes an alternative then it becomes an imperative ....it becomes do or die; sort of like slavery ...... yes / no / maybe ?!?
Actually these events are not encouraging campers to move on...they are encouraging people to drop playing this game. I use to be able to complete all events ...now I haven't been able to for almost a year. It use to be fun, now it is irritation....

DeletedUser27284

QUOTE="ditch67, post: 170930, member: 26711"]What does "have third difficulty in the Guild Expedition Solved" require?
I'm hoping it doesn't mean completing the entire thing. It's a bit beyond
my resources and my Guild rarely opens it. (We have one player far
ahead of everyone else, so he has to notice and decide to open it.)[/QUOTE]

i have not gone past the first difficulty yet! i am not ready to advance on the ge.
i have one research left before i go up into em age so i guess i'm going to be pushed ahead a level :(
i think hysterical questlines should be a separate set of puzzles to solve rather than be part of main sequence play.

Salsuero

i have not gone past the first difficulty yet! i am not ready to advance on the ge.
i have one research left before i go up into em age so i guess i'm going to be pushed ahead a level :(
i think hysterical questlines should be a separate set of puzzles to solve rather than be part of main sequence play.

The good thing is that you will only advance to the new age if you complete a tech from the new age. As long as you don't complete any new tech from the new age, you will be fine. I hope that means you are safe.

DeletedUser31882

Please dont bring identity politics in this game. I get more than enough of this through the rest of the day already and I dont want the game to tell me how evil white men are. Just stay away from this SJW crap and stay neutral.

To be fair, the nature of Rosa Parks fame invites a cursory discussion of representation. So the call out of white colonialism in graphical form is merited, if we believe the reward for a historical quest line should be representative of the individual highlighted. If that triggers an anti-SJW, identity politics alarm with someone, then stop reading uneducated tumblr posts. No serious academic makes the broad generalization that white men are evil and nobody has said that here.

I'm stuck on the GE level 3 quest right now. Waiting for the slumbering guild leaders to unlock level 2. Hopefully when it is done, I'll have enough room to complete the final quests.

Actually these events are not encouraging campers to move on...they are encouraging people to drop playing this game. I use to be able to complete all events ...now I haven't been able to for almost a year. It use to be fun, now it is irritation....

Good point. I suppose it all boils down to what INNO is prioritizing and if they lose or gain more paying customers. I'm not looking forward to planning 3 day scout timers for these events =\.

DeletedUser27284

I have a few friends that DISREGARD all events altogether and continue playing perhaps camping....one such friend has altogether disegarded the GBs and Is still ahead of me by millions of points ....I just noticed that the other day whilst TAVERNAIDING !

I'M stopping after the store up item is obtained in 7 of my 8 worlds ...I find that a rare and nifty reward to have ....

i've always felt that the cost of winning awards was far more than simply playing on without them. it may be a good exercise to start two new cities, play one plain, the other, questy, just to see the difference but don't think i'll bother.

DeletedUser32137

Freeman... now you're talking about my ancestors!
“If I could save the Union by freeing all the slaves, I would do that; If I could save it by leaving them in servitude, I would do that; If I could do it by freeing some and leaving the rest, I would do that, too”. A realist about his overriding objective, although he preferred freedom. Also, if one of the races had to be subordinate, he preferred that his race be on top.
Also consider that Lincoln is very well know already. Inno's goal seems to be to teach about lesser known figures. Frederick Douglas would have been a good choice as well.

DeletedUser32137

Wow, another garbage reward from yet ANOTHER question line. Progressive Era and a 3x4 only give me 450 people and a few thousand coins. What a joke. Another event going in the garbage.

This is why I've stopped spending money on this game. All inno does is rip off its customers. The residential buildings stats should be double what it is now at the very least. I mean cmon, all these pointless, thoughtless event buildings and I have an inventory stuffed full because I have no where to put it.
There's absolutely no need to spend money on the game. I take it as a challenge to build my city simply with planning, time & effort & a certain amount of patience. If you are in a hurry to stoke your ego by buying your way into a high rating or rushing thru the Ages maybe this game isn't for you

DeletedUser32137

i've always felt that the cost of winning awards was far more than simply playing on without them. it may be a good exercise to start two new cities, play one plain, the other, questy, just to see the difference but don't think i'll bother.
Please dont bring identity politics in this game. I get more than enough of this through the rest of the day already and I dont want the game to tell me how evil white men are. Just stay away from this SJW crap and stay neutral.

DeletedUser32137

What are you talking about, mihilus? This is about history, plain & simple. Was the Gallileo Quest Identity politics too because he was Italian? How about the Ghandi event? It sounds like YOU'RE the one making this about politics. I don't know what SJW means, but maybe you should stay away from the game if you're that sensitive about your "identity"

DeletedUser26120

Wow I am impressed with royal cascade! I had no idea it would give so much pop and so many coins.

It gives more than highest pop building in IA (with happiness covered, to boot), and by CE the population isn't as impressive but there it's pumping out over 120,000 coins with level 9 st mark's.

Not to mention the goods being super helpful this early in Z, and was a great replacement for oasis in V.

Thank you Inno!

Salsuero

Wow I am impressed with royal cascade! I had no idea it would give so much pop and so many coins.

It gives more than highest pop building in IA (with happiness covered, to boot), and by CE the population isn't as impressive but there it's pumping out over 120,000 coins with level 9 st mark's.

Not to mention the goods being super helpful this early in Z, and was a great replacement for oasis in V.

Thank you Inno!

Yeah... so many people down on it, but you have to see it for what it is, not the savior of your town's problems. It is relatively small... and replaces an Oasis as a definite no-brainer. Not everyone will like it, but I think it's attractive (Inno's artists rarely disappoint) and has a purpose that can make it quite useful for what it is.

Salsuero

What are you talking about, mihilus? This is about history, plain & simple. Was the Gallileo Quest Identity politics too because he was Italian? How about the Ghandi event? It sounds like YOU'RE the one making this about politics. I don't know what SJW means, but maybe you should stay away from the game if you're that sensitive about your "identity"

SJW means Social Justice Warrior... and is mainly a Youtube term that has spread to become mainstream-ish, unfortunately. It's a ridiculous stereotype. It mainly tries to classify those folks who try to push every social issue to its extreme and is usually attributed to liberals who go way overboard on fighting every little thing they see as "unfair" or "unjust". Some of their battles are reasonable and justified, though many of them would do better if the energy were scaled back just a bit... not the drive to fight... just the extreme nature of the fights. Either way, Rosa Parks has a place in American history and if you don't like that, you can just crawl back under the bus she won't move to the back of.

DeletedUser32137

SJW means Social Justice Warrior... and is mainly a Youtube term that has spread to become mainstream-ish, unfortunately. It's a ridiculous stereotype. It mainly tries to classify those folks who try to push every social issue to its extreme and is usually attributed to liberals who go way overboard on fighting every little thing they see as "unfair" or "unjust". Some of their battles are reasonable and justified, though many of them would do better if the energy were scaled back just a bit... not the drive to fight... just the extreme nature of the fights. Either way, Rosa Parks has a place in American history and if you don't like that, you can just crawl back under the bus she won't move to the back of.
Thanks for explaining the term to me; & I totally agree with your last sentence.

DeletedUser27796

Thank you Inno!
This reward is sub-par at best, the cost to "earn" this building far exceeds it's value. If i'm not getting fp's it's all garbage and not worth my precious time.

DeletedUser27796

There's absolutely no need to spend money on the game. I take it as a challenge to build my city simply with planning, time & effort & a certain amount of patience. If you are in a hurry to stoke your ego by buying your way into a high rating or rushing thru the Ages maybe this game isn't for you
My ego is fine you, peon.
Actually that's not what this is about at all. I'm not going to put some worthless buildings in my city and be happy about it like you guys are. kek

DeletedUser32137

Go ahead & spend your money then I don't care. My point is no one is forcing you to do that, & I don't see how you can legitimately complain about being "robbed". Sorry that I hit a nerve--LOL If my outlook on the game makes me a "peon" in your mind, then I'll wear that proudly and refrain from childish name-calling.

DeletedUser29552

The point is you have an option:

If you want to advance - take the sector, do the research, scout

If you want to camp - pay a lot of goods for that privilege

That seems perfectly reasonable.

What I cannot understand, is everyone KNOWS that events ask for research, sectors, scouting, etc. Knowing that, why do people race to the end of the tech tree for their age, and then act all shocked that "I have to research and move up?" why not research half the age and then let the rest of it fill in as you're requied to advance.

Or leave some of the dead-end branches with unfulfilled research (I'm in Tomorrow and still have middle ages tech I can go back and research)
Think it might be cases like Okahe in Houndsmoor, where you only have access to ONE province, so we have to take the PROVINCE, not just the sector? After having to wait for 5 researches to earn the goods building for the boosted sector the game forced us to take 2-3 weeks before? Therefore they have no time to build up goods for sectors that suddenly double in the number of goods required?
Or because the game itself pushes them to do so, RE: research, etc.???