• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HISTORICAL QUESTLINE: ROSA PARKS

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser27796

Wow, another garbage reward from yet ANOTHER question line. Progressive Era and a 3x4 only give me 450 people and a few thousand coins. What a joke. Another event going in the garbage.

This is why I've stopped spending money on this game. All inno does is rip off its customers. The residential buildings stats should be double what it is now at the very least. I mean cmon, all these pointless, thoughtless event buildings and I have an inventory stuffed full because I have no where to put it.

DeletedUser32119

What time does the event start? The announcement on the login page seems to indicate 6:17 AM but does not indicate a time zone. Here in the Eastern Time Zone (ET) near Boston, USA it's already 7:35 AM. So will it be available at 9 my time or when exactly does the event become active? Thank you.

DeletedUser25444

Actually I think I know when. Since one of the quests has the option to have the 3rd level of the guild expedition completed, I think the event won't start until the current expedition is over.

DeletedUser32119

What time does the event start? The announcement on the login page seems to indicate 6:17 AM but does not indicate a time zone. Here in the Eastern Time Zone (ET) near Boston, USA it's already 7:35 AM. So will it be available at 9 my time or when exactly does the event become active? Thank you.

Just showed up on my screen, from the countdown timer it looks like it started 4 hours ago.

DeletedUser27284

i have started this quest but cannot see any real value to the royal cascade. a handful of coins and maybe a few goods. maybe i will pick up a few decent rewards along the way but i'm not holding my breath, going by the last two hysterical quests!

DeletedUser31882

Abolishing slavery, preserving the Union and emancipating former slaves is minimal compared to refusing to give up your seat on a bus. GOT IT!

Well, There's the proof I was looking for. I'll stop feeding the troll. My bad.

When an alternative no longer becomes an alternative then it becomes an imperative ....it becomes do or die; sort of like slavery ...... yes / no / maybe ?!?

To be fair, We can choose to complete or ignore the quest & we just sacrifice the digital rewards. Slaves could 'choose' to ignore their master's commands, but the sacrifice was a range of physical punishment. So I'd have to say no to the sort of like slavery thing.

If we rephrase it to gaming addiction, which I believe is your sentiment, then yar. The quest alternatives are very favored towards pushing players forward.

Thankfully, the choice of losing the end reward is relatively easy. If INNO snuck in a one-up building meta-quest reward, instead of a store building, that would have been a better incentive to push players forward, in my opinion.

DeletedUser26120

Looks like I was mistaken about the cascade, it produces 7 random goods - not necessarily from your age?

So does that mean it will give you higher age goods?

Algona

Shan't complete this Event, will try to garner some Diamonds. The prize ain't worth the cost to me.

One nice addition by INNO: A Store Buidling for those who need to make room for the Cascade or later decide the Cascade is no longer desirable. I like it and hope to see the intermediate Store Building Prize in future HEs.

Last edited:

Salsuero

i have started this quest but cannot see any real value to the royal cascade. a handful of coins and maybe a few goods. maybe i will pick up a few decent rewards along the way but i'm not holding my breath, going by the last two hysterical quests!

It has great value in replacing an Oasis if you have one. If not... it's closer to a Tribal Square in the opposite orientation... still a worthy replacement. If not either of those, than it may not be a value to those folks. I have two Oases in my town, so I will replace one with this. Instant upgrade.

DeletedUser26400

Please dont bring identity politics in this game. I get more than enough of this through the rest of the day already and I dont want the game to tell me how evil white men are. Just stay away from this SJW crap and stay neutral.

DeletedUser27284

oh dear! i have just got the first reward, 5m mass supply rush. i don't understand any value of this. how is reducing time by 5m much good? am i missing something? can anyone enlighten me? the diamonds i received as a random reward though were nice.

Salsuero

oh dear! i have just got the first reward, 5m mass supply rush. i don't understand any value of this. how is reducing time by 5m much good? am i missing something? can anyone enlighten me? the diamonds i received as a random reward though were nice.

It might be good if you do 5m or 15m production cycles... maybe if you're in a hurry even during a quest to knock out one round. But it seems awful ridiculous to me. Since everything I do that isn't event quest fodder is on the 24-hour clock, this will go the way of motivation kits and just rot in inventory.

DeletedUser26711

What does "have third difficulty in the Guild Expedition Solved" require?
I'm hoping it doesn't mean completing the entire thing. It's a bit beyond
my resources and my Guild rarely opens it. (We have one player far
ahead of everyone else, so he has to notice and decide to open it.)

DeletedUser

I believe it does mean completing the entire 3rd level of GE. The only other possible interpretation would be the 3rd encounter of level 1, but that is clearly not it or mine would have auto-completed because I was already past encounter 3 when I got to that quest.

Salsuero

I'm sorry to confirm that it means you must have at least 48 encounters completed if you don't want to do the alternative. I suspect most guilds that can afford it would be hard-pressed not to unlock 3 levels this week with it being part of the quest as there's usually that one player (if not more than one) who will be willing and able to take advantage of it rather than do the alternative.

DeletedUser31560

Is the requirements list kicking around somewhere? My spy is just finishing the second third. That storage building looks very useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31560

Lincoln was the President, Lincoln ended slavery, Lincoln preserved the Union. Without Lincoln there is no civil rights movement, and no emancipation. His accomplishments far exceed Rosa Parks and everyone else you named. When you improve your comprehension skills, you might understand that without Lincoln, there would be no parks. Abraham Lincoln put civil rights on the map in America. As far as injecting politics, INNO did that with this questline.
“If I could save the Union by freeing all the slaves, I would do that; If I could save it by leaving them in servitude, I would do that; If I could do it by freeing some and leaving the rest, I would do that, too”. A realist about his overriding objective, although he preferred freedom. Also, if one of the races had to be subordinate, he preferred that his race be on top.

Last edited by a moderator: