• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HMA - LMA

-Sebastian-

@DevaCat thank you for your input! I have my trinity to 10 as well. Was going to work on my zeus after my CF/CC to 60. I’m looking forward to the two RQ slots. I did do the Indy map but I didn’t touch the two sectors that trigger the one RQ slot to get locked. I can fight the first three rounds of GE. I can usually do about 200 negs and 150 fights in gbg. I don’t have a lot of goods stocked though. That’s my one fault. Do I keep my event buildings down an age to get me those HMA goods? Thanks again!

That's a nice city!

My general recommendation is to age up when auto-battling all 64 GE encounters becomes boring. So I guess I'd say, work a bit more on that? The enemy attack bonuses get higher in every era, so you don't want to fall behind. And Inno is planning on making GE level 4 harder.

Also, I'd suggest scaling back on the negotiations in GBG. If your guild is encouraging you to drain your inventory dry, explicitly or by peer pressure, that's not healthy. Build up reserves, and make sure that you're growing your stockpile after every GBG season. The strength of the pack is the wolf. :)

Tytan the Great

Your city is very nice. If you do lots of RQ, I would rush through LMA and camp in Colonial. Build as many clockmakers as you can, and spam those RQ. Since you are already in the Indy map, try to go to progressive, but do it carefully so you don’t mess up the story quests, and don’t trigger the bonus province and lose your second recurring quest slot. You can get progressive troops while in colonial, and with rogues, can easily complete level 4 of GE. Google Raino in YouTube for instructions on how to do that. I got 2 conscripts while in colonial, and they completely tear through GE. Hope this helps.

Plunder Queen

Your city is very nice. If you do lots of RQ, I would rush through LMA and camp in Colonial. Build as many clockmakers as you can, and spam those RQ. Since you are already in the Indy map, try to go to progressive, but do it carefully so you don’t mess up the story quests, and don’t trigger the bonus province and lose your second recurring quest slot. You can get progressive troops while in colonial, and with rogues, can easily complete level 4 of GE. Google Raino in YouTube for instructions on how to do that. I got 2 conscripts while in colonial, and they completely tear through GE. Hope this helps.
Anymore information on CA? I’m contemplating moving up and just skipping LMA completely. I have about 3,000 LMA goods saved up.

-Sebastian-

Have fun! ;-) I remembe liking CA. I wish I'd stayed longer in CA and PE, and less in Indy. Combat starts changing slightly, because the heavies have a tiny bit of range, the lights have stealth, and the artillery goes back to being able to cover the whole map.

You might want to spend at least a few weeks in LMA, though. Build up some troops and some more goods, get diamonds from recurring quests, stockpile some Indy champs. Enjoy the gothic looks of the buildings. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the LMA bonus quest taking up your second quest slot, because you'll get it back in a few days after you finish the LMA bonus quests. Speaking of which, you get more diamonds if you choose to spare your prisoners. And I'm sure you already know this, but be careful about the Indy map - you don't want to trigger the Indy bonus quest before you're in Indy (because you literally can't finish it until you've done most of the Indy tech), and it matters whether you fight or negotiate the Indy map provinces.

And I'd advise against focusing too much on recurring quests with Clockmakers. I suppose they're OK, if you don't have anything that generates FP or attacking boost, but that's a sign that you should be looking for those things. ;-) The "heavy questing" system was designed before GBG, before the Antique Dealer, back when Shrines of Knowledge were rare and special and the coolest thing since sliced bread. And it was designed by and for someone who was running a lot of cities in a lot of worlds, and wanted to be able to support his guilds with goods, while only logging in once per day.

Aggressor

Anymore information on CA? I’m contemplating moving up and just skipping LMA completely. I have about 3,000 LMA goods saved up.
I really like LMA and find it a good place to camp. CA i don't know much about but I don't see a lot of experienced campers there on my world. A good camping age is progressive on my world at least as I see a lot of progressive campers. A lot of players don't like Industrial as well so maybe skipping LMA and then skipping Indy would work. LMA is a lot of fun and selling CdM sets could be done too.

Plunder Queen

Have fun! ;-) I remembe liking CA. I wish I'd stayed longer in CA and PE, and less in Indy. Combat starts changing slightly, because the heavies have a tiny bit of range, the lights have stealth, and the artillery goes back to being able to cover the whole map.

You might want to spend at least a few weeks in LMA, though. Build up some troops and some more goods, get diamonds from recurring quests, stockpile some Indy champs. Enjoy the gothic looks of the buildings. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the LMA bonus quest taking up your second quest slot, because you'll get it back in a few days after you finish the LMA bonus quests. Speaking of which, you get more diamonds if you choose to spare your prisoners. And I'm sure you already know this, but be careful about the Indy map - you don't want to trigger the Indy bonus quest before you're in Indy (because you literally can't finish it until you've done most of the Indy tech), and it matters whether you fight or negotiate the Indy map provinces.

And I'd advise against focusing too much on recurring quests with Clockmakers. I suppose they're OK, if you don't have anything that generates FP or attacking boost, but that's a sign that you should be looking for those things. ;-) The "heavy questing" system was designed before GBG, before the Antique Dealer, back when Shrines of Knowledge were rare and special and the coolest thing since sliced bread. And it was designed by and for someone who was running a lot of cities in a lot of worlds, and wanted to be able to support his guilds with goods, while only logging in once per day.
Thankfully I already finished my bonus and have the second RQ unlocked. I have about 2,500 LMA goods already. I just wasn’t sure if I would be wasting my time on LMA when I could be in CA.

Plunder Queen

I really like LMA and find it a good place to camp. CA i don't know much about but I don't see a lot of experienced campers there on my world. A good camping age is progressive on my world at least as I see a lot of progressive campers. A lot of players don't like Industrial as well so maybe skipping LMA and then skipping Indy would work. LMA is a lot of fun and selling CdM sets could be done too.
I did reach out to the lower end of my hood and see if they wanted to buy goods to build a CDM, but they don’t even have the blueprints. Sigh.

Tytan the Great

That pretty much covers it. I wouldn’t skip LMA completely, but don’t stay too long. Just advance through it organically, try the different troops type and see how they work, see if you like it. Some people actually enjoy it. And you can get a few Colonial troops while in LMA to help with GE, by doing the bonus quest line.

Farfle the smelly

I’m watching this thread for this exact advice, even though I won’t be there for about a year. Thank you - this is good stuff!