• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hourly Challenges

DeletedUser30900

It’s like every time I see this guy made a post it’s nothing else but whining:)

DeletedUser31540

Call it what it really is.

View attachment 8948

I dont quite understand what you mean

The rewards are nice but im not gonna do any continent map related quests ...

I bet this is inno's attempt to combat camping and boost player retention rate (both by offering another thing to do and by attempting to even out the playing field to some extent. If players are incentivized to camp for shorter periods of time it should lead to slightly more equalized neigbhorhoods on average)

qaccy

I think a player is generally more active when they first start playing the game than they're going to be due to DCs. The only people who are going to have to jump through a few hoops if they want to complete DCs regularly are those who log in once or twice a day...but is that really 'playing' the game as it is? Sounds more like checking your email at that point, in my opinion.

Salsuero

The uptick in events wasn't enough. Now they have daily "events" in addition to historical and seasonal ones. Having to add happiness to my town by deleting roads and rebuilding them isn't a challenge. Spending forge points isn't a challenge. Doing a million 5-minute productions isn't a challenge. What it is though... is a way to get me to forgo the real world if I wish to complete the "challenges" and claim "something" from a reward chest because the psychologically addictive nature of winning a prize is what is really in play. I don't "need" probably any of the stuff in the daily challenges, but my brain sees that questgiver and tells me I should try to win something. And the way the challenges are set up usually requires you to be online multiple times, sometimes for a continued stay. A week-long or month-long event gives you some time to go outside and breathe the fresh air once in a while, not that most of us even do that. But daily challenges, and to the extent that they are repetitive, unfulfilling, and mostly pointless tasks with respect to a town's unique "strategy"... I know what they're doing. And I'll probably fall for it at least once in a while.

DeletedUser29563

I agree it wasn't much of a challenge. But hey...50 fp for aiding and selling 3 items from my inventory. I'll take that any ol day...

DeletedUser32389

Well done lemur. I don't think he's complaining, that would be a junkie blaming his dealer

Freshmeboy

I think that was a fine artistic rendering...face it, gaming addiction is real and players such as myself fall into that category. I have a job, a life, friends and family but I always set out time for gaming without fail....

DeletedUser30900

Well done lemur. I don't think he's complaining, that would be a junkie blaming his dealer
So what is he doing actually? We dont even need to focus on this specific post. Check all the posts he made and find me one that can be called constructive:)

Freshmeboy

His post about the Arc being good for the game or not led to some healthy and lengthy debate over its merits and faults...very interesting stuff..check it out.

DeletedUser30900

His post about the Arc being good for the game or not led to some healthy and lengthy debate over its merits and faults...very interesting stuff..check it out.
I read all the posts on that thread. I don’t see the point though. It’s either arc stay the same like it is right now or Inno nerfs it because of too many crybabies. That doesn’t help the game moving forward at all

Freshmeboy

You asked for constructive and I gave you a post...It brought many points of view and if it helped ONE person make a decision about building the arc or not or made them think more about the layers of strategy in this game, then the thread had benefit...

DeletedUser29563

I read all the posts on that thread. I don’t see the point though. It’s either arc stay the same like it is right now or Inno nerfs it because of too many crybabies. That doesn’t help the game moving forward at all
That wasn't his point at all. Lemur never mentioned a nerf in his OP. The question was..is the Arc good for the game? And I agree..its a great question..and discussion.