• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How are GE points calculated?

Frank the Dude

I've been trying to find this info with no luck. I'd like to understand better what are the factors which determine how many GE power points are received by individual guild members. For example, after 8 successful expeditions 2 players will have different contribution values, but is there a straight line math for this?

Thanks

Salsuero

It's based on the encounter itself and the age of the player. The earlier encounters are worth less, except that the hard ones (every fourth encounter) will be worth more than a handful of the next ones because they are harder than those next ones. I'm sure there's a formula, and someone with a lot of time on his/her hands could figure it out. I don't know that it's been officially released anywhere though.

Lancer

Individually I'm not 100% sure but
@Salsuero post' is how I always thought it was. As a whole:

The guild expedition championship is a competition between 7 guilds. The guilds can be from any server. The highest three guilds receive a guild power boost at the end of expedition. The guild in first place receives a 25% boost to the guild power, second place receives a 15% boost to the guild power and third place receives a 10% boost to the guild power.

The percentages the guilds receive are based on the number of encounters that guild members have solved divided by the number of encounters for the guild in the first three expedition maps. The encounters on the forth expedition map are a bonus.

S = Number of encounters solved by guild members.

M = Number of guild members.

P = Percentage of encounters solved.

P = S / (48 x M) x 100

DeletedUser

I've been trying to find this info with no luck. I'd like to understand better what are the factors which determine how many GE power points are received by individual guild members. For example, after 8 successful expeditions 2 players will have different contribution values, but is there a straight line math for this?

Thanks
A) Individual players will earn more Expedition Points for being in a higher era/age. That would account for the differences between two players. Also, if one player clears the same number of encounters, but takes more attempts to do it (by having to repeat a battle/negotiation after being unsuccessful the first time), they will earn more Expedition Points because you get a few even for unsuccessful attempts.

B) Expedition Points are not the same as Guild Power Points. Expedition Points are what the individual members earn for each encounter attempted, and are added to the guild's total. Guild Power Points are earned by the guild as a whole and are determined by levels. Each level of GPP reached will increase the amount received, and the levels are attained by accumulating Expedition Points. Guild Power Points are what is increased if you finish in the top 3 of the weekly championship, and they are added to the guild's total, which goes toward reaching the next guild level.

Frank the Dude

The reason I asked about the Expedition points (EP) is that a few times, but not every time, I noticed a player at an earlier era/age who scored more EP points than me on the same number of encounters. I know about the minor points awarded for failing and it’s not those. It’s a few thousand points. I have more global ranking points, but I guess that isn’t a factor from what has been said. But I am a higher Age.

I do more fighting than this other person, I’m sure of it. So perhaps as SoonerGuy above mentioned negotiating gets more EP? That seems inequitable as far as EP go because a solved encounter should be a solved encounter. Resources into armies and resources into goods are arguably the same or even indeterminate as far as which is more costly. If this is the case, I’d be disappointed since I enjoy beefing up my PvP numbers through the GE. But not knowing is worse.

I know that the fighting points you receive depend on how much damage your army takes. If the opposing army was worth 10,000 fight points but you had 3 dead and some injured there is a penalty that subtracts from the 10k to give you your PvP award amount.

If you solve the encounter by fighting or negotiating you still solved the encounter. And the method for solving the encounter wouldn’t seem to impact what treasure rewards are gained from the chests since the percentages are fixed before you go into the encounter. So again, it seems odd to draw a distinction between fighting and negotiating.

The other player in my guild has been playing much longer than I have, and likely if you put together their total solved encounters vs my total solved encounters theirs will be higher. I thought maybe this or some other stat may be influencing the EP gained per encounter.

I'd love to find a firm answer so I can better strategize with my guild to get the most GPP possible. If that means negotiating than fine, but I’m puzzled there’s no Inno supplied info on it.

The information Lancer put up is extremely useful for the Guild % ratings, so thank you for that. It explains why when we take on newer players who only go 6 or so encounters that our % drops. I thought the % was tied to the expedition points and not solely by the number of encounters solved.

I did the math for our last GE where we had 11 players with zero encounters solved. We’re only 23 members, so that’s a large amount. We placed 5th with 24.9%. Taking out the zero players, we would have placed 3rd with 47.7%. I think some enforcement is in order.

Thanks for everyone’s responses .. if you think of anything else or find any additional info, please share with me. I’m very interested in all the different points and ranking systems Inno created in the game. It makes me want to believe they have very interesting statistics in the back office that they don’t share.

Thanks again, FF

Salsuero

Resources into armies and resources into goods are arguably the same or even indeterminate as far as which is more costly.

Not where negotiations are concerned. It costs me much more to negotiate because I have to do so in a certain amount of attempts or spend diamonds to continue. I can pretty much beat most of the encounters with my army, but the encounters that are really tough to beat... surprise... are the toughest to negotiate too, and so more likely to cost diamonds to finish or you can restart, but then lots more goods wasted. So... it's not truly equitable.

I did the math for our last GE where we had 11 players with zero encounters solved. We’re only 23 members, so that’s a large amount. We placed 5th with 24.9%. Taking out the zero players, we would have placed 3rd with 47.7%. I think some enforcement is in order.

Yup. It all matters, especially the zeros. We enforce our GE rule quite strictly. It's really the only rule we enforce without prejudice.

DeletedUser31592

The reason I asked about the Expedition points (EP) is that a few times, but not every time, I noticed a player at an earlier era/age who scored more EP points than me on the same number of encounters. I know about the minor points awarded for failing and it’s not those. It’s a few thousand points. I have more global ranking points, but I guess that isn’t a factor from what has been said. But I am a higher Age.

I do more fighting than this other person, I’m sure of it. So perhaps as SoonerGuy above mentioned negotiating gets more EP? That seems inequitable as far as EP go because a solved encounter should be a solved encounter. Resources into armies and resources into goods are arguably the same or even indeterminate as far as which is more costly. If this is the case, I’d be disappointed since I enjoy beefing up my PvP numbers through the GE. But not knowing is worse.

I know that the fighting points you receive depend on how much damage your army takes. If the opposing army was worth 10,000 fight points but you had 3 dead and some injured there is a penalty that subtracts from the 10k to give you your PvP award amount.

If you solve the encounter by fighting or negotiating you still solved the encounter. And the method for solving the encounter wouldn’t seem to impact what treasure rewards are gained from the chests since the percentages are fixed before you go into the encounter. So again, it seems odd to draw a distinction between fighting and negotiating.

The other player in my guild has been playing much longer than I have, and likely if you put together their total solved encounters vs my total solved encounters theirs will be higher. I thought maybe this or some other stat may be influencing the EP gained per encounter.

I'd love to find a firm answer so I can better strategize with my guild to get the most GPP possible. If that means negotiating than fine, but I’m puzzled there’s no Inno supplied info on it.

The information Lancer put up is extremely useful for the Guild % ratings, so thank you for that. It explains why when we take on newer players who only go 6 or so encounters that our % drops. I thought the % was tied to the expedition points and not solely by the number of encounters solved.

Thanks for everyone’s responses .. if you think of anything else or find any additional info, please share with me. I’m very interested in all the different points and ranking systems Inno created in the game. It makes me want to believe they have very interesting statistics in the back office that they don’t share.

Thanks again, FF

I've always been curious, too.
One thing to remember when comparing points- you get points for failed attempts. So if someone is really bad at negotiating or fighting and loses many attempts, they will have more points than you.

Frank the Dude

Not where negotiations are concerned. It costs me much more to negotiate because I have to do so in a certain amount of attempts or spend diamonds to continue. I can pretty much beat most of the encounters with my army, but the encounters that are really tough to beat... surprise... are the toughest to negotiate too, and so more likely to cost diamonds to finish or you can restart, but then lots more goods wasted. So... it's not truly equitable..

But the cost of your army must be pretty high. All those GBs and fps getting your attack %'s up? All the real estate for army camps and the training times. Farming goods isn't hard. Lots of buildings/structures give you goods every day for nothing. I'm just saying that I don't think attacks vs negotiating should make a difference as far as expedition points go. Some people are warriors and some people are traders. Maybe most people are a little of both?

BTW, once I get hit with them at 40% in attack I'm pretty much done and only negotiating from then on. I'm still building my army. But for me, that kind of shows me that negotiating is easier since that's how I solve the later encounters, albeit diamonds but you get some back in treasure. If you can plan it so you go with the Extra Turn tavern boost, that makes a huge difference for me.

Appreciate the feedback. I guess this mystery will remain.

Frank the Dude

I've always been curious, too.
One thing to remember when comparing points- you get points for failed attempts. So if someone is really bad at negotiating or fighting and loses many attempts, they will have more points than you.
Hey, Yeah I know about the those points. They couldn't be significant enough to make up the differences I've seen. Plus, when this same player only starts GE on Friday or Saturday, the failure to success rate would be low. So, it's something else and it seems from the respondents on this thread that negotiating vs fighting could be the difference.

If two players from the same Age complete the first round, 1 negotiating and 1 fighting. A distinction may be drawn. The same two could complete the second round but switched and see what happens.

Salsuero

But the cost of your army must be pretty high. All those GBs and fps getting your attack %'s up? All the real estate for army camps and the training times.

Not really. You invest once in that stuff and it's good to go. It's no more expensive than goods are, but goods are constantly in need of replenishing and diamonds are harder to come by than extra units. My Alcatraz does a lot of that work and I don't need any barracks because I get plenty from GE. I also don't need goods buildings because of similar free means. But getting diamonds to finish those negotiations or quit... that's like trying to finish off a battle with your last unit against 8 remaining defenders and having to choose to quit or not. Obviously you have to quit... but with negotiations, you do not. Since I can fight without losing much in units, I would say it's much easier for me to do that, while the negotiation game is subject to luck when there are 8... 9... 10 options to choose from.

Farming goods isn't hard.

Neither is farming units.

Lots of buildings/structures give you goods every day for nothing.

Sounds like you don't have an Alcatraz or you don't appreciate it. Either way, I'm never hurting for troops. I'm also never hurting for goods. But diamonds... those are precious!

I'm just saying that I don't think attacks vs negotiating should make a difference as far as expedition points go.

Fair enough. That's your opinion. I'm not objecting to you having it. I just disagree. I'm not advocating for this points distribution weight being "right" -- but I can see why it would objectively be the case.

*Arturis*

GE points is calculated and given to the guild is done by daily calculation.
Your guild will get the fix power point by the check point your guild get in that day, so by daily calculation (reset), your guild will get this power=power points by current check point plus the bonus from the trophies (if applicable) your guild holding at that time.

Freshmeboy

Add the seven, carry the one..lets see here...divide by 3.14 and there ya go..The eternal mystery of GE points solved for your pleasure...LLG may be on to something but I dont understand it....

DeletedUser

GE points is calculated and given to the guild is done by daily calculation.
Your guild will get the fix power point by the check point your guild get in that day, so by daily calculation (reset), your guild will get this power=power points by current check point plus the bonus from the trophies (if applicable) your guild holding at that time.
They're asking about Expedition points (that you get when you attempt an encounter), not the Guild Power Points.

*Arturis*

Thanks
Assuming 2 players from the same Age, if they fight all the 8 encounter without loss/retries, their power point will be the same, say one player lost a few battle and try it again, that player will have more points than the one that not losing any battle. This GE system is rewarding the loser more points than the winner. If 2 are in the different Age, the higher Age guy will get the higher power points differential and be likely having more points than the lower Age guy, unless the higher Age guy won all the battle and the lower guy keep using his attempt to gain point by losing and the 2 guys are not too far apart in Ages, the loser guy will have more points.

Frank the Dude

Did a little study and here's what we found.

An encounter will give the same Expedition points by negotiating in 3 turns or Fighting without losing any units. Fight loses subtract from your maximum total.

What isn't tested but is suspected, extra turns on negotiating will subtract from your maximum potential regardless if by diamonds or by tavern boost. So I guess the strategy is, since you know the opposing army ahead of time, decide if you can beat them without losses or negotiate without losing.

Also not known, if you lose a negotiation the first time, you get extra points as everyone here pointed out more than enough times, but if you lose the first negotiation does your second negotiation have the same maximum total points. Same with a fight. If you are defeated will your second attempt be of less total potential EP.

For me, this is as far as I need to go. If anyone else took up the cause, I'd be happy to know - otherwise, solved!

Thanks for everyone's help.

DeletedUser31498

Did a little study and here's what we found.

An encounter will give the same Expedition points by negotiating in 3 turns or Fighting without losing any units. Fight loses subtract from your maximum total.

What isn't tested but is suspected, extra turns on negotiating will subtract from your maximum potential regardless if by diamonds or by tavern boost. So I guess the strategy is, since you know the opposing army ahead of time, decide if you can beat them without losses or negotiate without losing.

Also not known, if you lose a negotiation the first time, you get extra points as everyone here pointed out more than enough times, but if you lose the first negotiation does your second negotiation have the same maximum total points. Same with a fight. If you are defeated will your second attempt be of less total potential EP.

For me, this is as far as I need to go. If anyone else took up the cause, I'd be happy to know - otherwise, solved!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Interesting research. Why would losing units reduce your Exp points? If anything, since you "paid" resources, shouldn't you get more points, if anything? And negotiating, no matter how many guesses you require (whether actual discrete number of guesses, or just blanket number of turns), a win is a win and you get the same amount no matter what? Doesn't seem consistent to me.

DeletedUser31498

It's worth less tower points. Seems consistent to me. Perfection is worth more than imperfection in this case. If you take damage, you were "less" successful than someone who did not. Your reward for performing better is more points than the other guy.

Ok that's totally fine. So why is successfully negotiating on the first turn not worth more than on the third turn?

As I said, it's not consistent. Please read what I wrote.