• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How are some guilds in gold/silver league already?

Vger

i thought everyone was in copper league for the first week?very confusing
For the benefit of anyone that didn't read the FAQ:

Why was my guild positioned in this League and how can we advance?
  • The initial calculations are based on number of members and activity (and success) within GE and GvG of the past two weeks (at the point of calculation). This calculation is just an approximation, as it could never reflect the final rank of a guild. For that to be reflected, we need a few seasons so that the league system can sort it itself naturally. Every guild has a value assigned, also known as "Match-Making-Rating" (MMR). This value decides on the league allocation and as your Guild plays battleground, you should advance to a more competitive league or decay to a more fairly balanced one, so take the first battlegrounds as a way to "calibrate" the place where your guild should be located.

DreadfulCadillac

For the benefit of anyone that didn't read the FAQ:

Why was my guild positioned in this League and how can we advance?
  • The initial calculations are based on number of members and activity (and success) within GE and GvG of the past two weeks (at the point of calculation). This calculation is just an approximation, as it could never reflect the final rank of a guild. For that to be reflected, we need a few seasons so that the league system can sort it itself naturally. Every guild has a value assigned, also known as "Match-Making-Rating" (MMR). This value decides on the league allocation and as your Guild plays battleground, you should advance to a more competitive league or decay to a more fairly balanced one, so take the first battlegrounds as a way to "calibrate" the place where your guild should be located.
thanks for the help man!

Super Catanian

I can confirm this. My more active Guild was placed in the Silver League, whereas my smaller, less active one is in the Copper League.

DeletedUser30312

I'm pretty sure Whiskey Tango started higher than Copper given their activity level.