• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] How are the battle damage points calculated?

DeletedUser2246

Spearfighter attack/defense is 7/7. The damage is 7-7 = 0 and thus no damage points? In battle it shows 4 ~ 6 damages. Also, Archery attack is 11, the damage on a spearfighter is 5 ~ 7. So how are those calculated?

ontran

DeletedUser

Damage is based on the attack of the attacking unit, the defense of the defending unit, any terrain bonuses, any unit attack/defense bonuses, and luck.

When it is your turn to attack, and you scroll over an enemy unit to attack, there will be a range of damages that your unit will hit. This is based on the full health attacking power of the unit. If your unit is damaged, it deals less damage than if it were at full health. Different units have different strengths and weaknesses against other unit types, and so that factors in to how much damage is done.

Terrain bonuses help reduce the damage taken. Certain units gain attack bonuses on special terrains, and others gain defense bonuses. To learn more be sure to check out the guides in the guides section of the forum.

Finally, luck plays a part in how much damage is done. It is not always consistent, and because of the range of damages, it can be any of the damages in between.

DeletedUser2246

Daniel, Thanks for the detailed explanation. Appreciate it.

My problem is that I have 8 arch, the province has 8 Heavy Cavalry. In battle, a Cal takes 3 hits, my Arch can only take 2. I lost.

I am to build either Heavy Cavalry or Armored Infantry in order to pass the provinces (various mix of Heavy Cavs and Armored Inf), but don't want to build both. A hit-damage chart would be great help, that I know to build and to send which units to the battle depending on the enemy units.

Thanks in advance.
ontran

DeletedUser

Try using some infantry against the cavalry, they usually fair better and get a retaliation strike. Good luck.