• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How big is a Forge of Empires Square?

WinnerGR

I woke up this morning and I was thinking about Forge of Empires - how big is a sqaure in Forge of Empires. I dismised the thought thought thinking that it was probably just one square metre howver when I logged on to the game I immediatly realised that a sqaure is a lot more that one square metre in Forge of Empires as the Alcatraz is 100% not 70 Sq. meter - it is more like ~89030 Sq. meter, which would make each square ~1200 Sq.meter. Now that number doesn't sound as it would be mean that a simple stone age hut would be 2400 Sq.metres. No. Just No.

So I work thrugh a few more building and every time I got a differnt number - a very differnt number and so doing a mean average wouldn't really get me anywere as things like the Alctraz give each sqaure as ~1200 Sq.meter whereas somthing like the stone age hut gives each sqaure as ~2 Sq.metre. So now I look at using the Median and Mode but that still doesn't give answers that make sense.

I am about to give up and just accept that maybe Forge of Empires isn't to any scale but I end up thinking about it more and realise that there must be scale becuase everything fits so well and it seams like there is a scale to me when I look at my city but I just can't find it. Anyone want to share there thoughts on this.

Emberguard

The scale depends on the building :p If you look at each building in relation to any of the surrounding environment then yeah. Everything has an entirely different scale. Otherwise the animals would barely be visible if you could see them at all

WinnerGR

The scale depends on the building :p If you look at each building in relation to any of the surrounding environment then yeah. Everything has an entirely different scale. Otherwise the animals would barely be visible if you could see them at all
I see what you mean but I don't quite get why the animlals would be barely visible?

WinnerGR

When you look at a carousal next to Alcatraz, it's easy to see that there is no uniform scale. It seems to be the bigger the building the smaller the scale.
Oh yeah! Thinking about it and now looking back at all the numbers I crunched earlier I can now easily see that it is almost expentual.

Emberguard

I see what you mean but I don't quite get why the animlals would be barely visible?
Because of how big the buildings are. Ever been in a plane or looked at a photo from a birds eye view or gone up a mountain?

Edit:
Plus..... those rabbits are half the size of a person. While there are some large rabbits, those don't look like they're meant to be a species that large.
1622974533362.png

Last edited:

WinnerGR

Because of how big the buildings are.
Oh yeah yeah.
Ever been in a plane or looked at a photo from a birds eye view or gone up a mountain?
Yup. I miss it :( Hopfully I am going to be able to go back to travelling the earth when Covid-19 is over.
Edit:
Plus..... those rabbits are half the size of a person. While there are some large rabbits, those don't look like they're meant to be a species that large.
View attachment 18848
Pfffffff

Last edited:

Aethelcatt VIII

Oh yeah! Thinking about it and now looking back at all the numbers I crunched earlier I can now easily see that it is almost expentual.
I have a royal marble gateway standing near the Cathedral of Aachen, and it bugs the perfectionist in me to no end every time I look at the monstrous thing--because the five or six steps in front the the gateway would take us clear to the second floor of the cathedral! :-D