• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How common is it for higher era players to experience problems with happiness?

jsc29

I am LMA. I just got a boatload of happiness by building two Hippodromes which I got in the Soccer event. Currently, I have an excess of 12,000 happiness. Not only that, I have deleted most of my houses and I still have a 3,500 population excess. Note that I do use population. I have at least 10 goods buildings, 10 production buildings and about 5 military buildings, so it is not like I am not using population.

So, anyway getting back to the main point. I have a Great Tree of Love which gives about 1,000 happiness, which obviously I don't need since I have 12,000 extra happiness. My only question is whether I should store this building or just delete it.

Do higher era players have problems getting enough happiness, or is it pretty much a non-issue?

Nicholas002

I guess it depends on play-style, but for me, I can't see myself ever being short on population or happiness.
the farther I get in the game, the fewer regular buildings I will have, and the more Special buildings I will have.
traz+rogues eliminates barracks.
CF +RQs and SBs, eliminates goods buildings.
SBs eliminate regular coin, population, and happiness buildings.

supply buildings are my only regular buildings atm, so I have an excess of both population and happiness, and I will only be getting more and more SBs, so I can't see it ever being a problem.

WinnerGR

I am in PME with lots of happiness issues. Population is the root case.
Wow , I am in CA with 1000s of pop , only using about 3/4 of it and about 10,000 hap extra

-

As far as I can say the answer to this is very uncommon but as @Nicholas002 has said above it depends on play style , you may be able to rush and have to happinuss however I have a rush experiment and it has no hap issues . Until I have more data for @ODragon I can't quite work out what could ever be the issue.

DeletedUser31499

Non issue in FE and if it ever is my HS and Traz will go up a couple of levels to fix it.

ODragon

I have both an 80 Traz and 80 Hagia and only a L49 Inno.

op.jpg

The issues I believe are that:

1) Many of the event buildings 1.5 to 2 cycles ago, gave a ton of population with less happiness than pop all the way down to no happiness and decent pop (Pirate Ship, Crow's nest for examples). I have them so I have way too much population with not enough happiness to compensate for them.

2) IT is way more efficient at population than Hagia and/or Traz is at generating happiness.

L80: Traz = 435 happiness/square, L80: Hagia = 405 happiness/square
L49: IT = 869 population/square

Both.jpg

Enjoy the data, make with it what you will.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4441

on one world i am sitting on 165k pop with 344k provided happiness. My CA world I am at 38k pop with 80k provided happiness. I have no actual housing or happiness buildings. Its all Event buildings and GB's. So it comes down to how you build your city.

Jern2017

I think it depends on your play style. I never got around to building the Hagia Sophia. My Alcatraz is at level 60 and I until I got rid of the Innovation Tower, I struggled with keeping my population enthusiastic due to the large amount of Event buildings that provide happiness.

Lancer

In my main world of Jaims, whenever everything is motivated, I will usually have around 30k extra in happiness. However, once I do my collection afterwards, and the motivated buildings that supply happiness run their time and it goes back to just regular output, I tend to just have my city at just 100% instead of 120%, for around 12 hours or so until they start getting back around to motivating those certain buildings again. If I needed to keep it at 120% during this "downtime" or in other words the time between my last collections and before my next, I could always use my tavern silver but it is almost never necessary to do so.

Last edited:

ODragon

If I needed to keep it at 120% during this "downtime" I could always use my tavern silver but it is almost never necessary to do so.

During events, I just buy enthusiasm if its needed at this point. I like my city the way it is. I would love more happiness so I could get more Inno Tower FP though.

DeletedUser32973

Very few people have happiness issues if they've been playing for more than a year and are active. What era you are in is largely irrelevant. Generally it's an issue that resolves itself over time...unless you have an unusual play style.

Triopoly Champion

During events, I just buy enthusiasm if its needed at this point. I like my city the way it is. I would love more happiness so I could get more Inno Tower FP though.
I always prefer to have the FoD, at least it's rewarding the goods in addition to the happiness.

I'm glad I've kept my Grand Bridge level 7 for the much needed happiness.

planetofthehumans2

I still have my tree of love with my speakers corner and viking tree. Mostly because it has sentimental value, probably would store it if I had to get rid of it.

I don't have any cultural buildings or decos and my traz is only level 10, but I have 90k smiles and 30k additional ones.

Aggressor

I have an excess of 20,000 happiness in LMA and the longer I play the less I need regular buildings, the more I rely on GBs which require no population and therefore no happiness, and SBs that give both. So if you have happiness issues in higher ages, you might be doing something wrong.

ODragon

I have an excess of 20,000 happiness in LMA and the longer I play the less I need regular buildings, the more I rely on GBs which require no population and therefore no happiness, and SBs that give both. So if you have happiness issues in higher ages, you might be doing something wrong.

You can look at the data provided above, the only regular buildings I have are the 5 production buildings ONLY for the recurring quest diamonds and 6 blacksmiths for events.