How did YOU start playing Forge Of Empires?

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by King Zack the Almighty, Feb 5, 2018.

1. heybo

heybo Well-Known Member

I was the 75-ish-th player to join D world... I don’t even think Colonial had been released yet?!? Maybe so, but not for long. No chat, no GvG, no SoK’s, no Rogues, no GB levels above 10, very few extra FPs outside of Hagia and CDM, but again, only to lvl 10 (if you could get them that *high* then), not a lot of much anything but attacking and plundering neighbors. Very few initial guilds, which fewer of them are still around. It’s always good to see the one’s who still are :)

Completely random as I was perusing the newly released Chrome Web store for some nifty browser extensions. Game popped up, tried it as it was free, D was suggested as a new world I obviously haven’t played in, liked it and even after a few long sabbaticals away from the game, the FoE and GvG dreams keep sucking you back in...

To this day, it is still the best avenue for chronic procrastinators to get their fix in each day.

ForGotten3 and Graviton like this.
  2. Helen 51

Helen 51 New Member

After a bad work accident my doctor said i should play an online game where it makes you think and you can communicate with others. She recommened FoE. After that the game changed my life. I love it. The community, my guild, all of it.

3. LacLongQuan

LacLongQuan Well-Known Member

I used to play Caesar II back in the 90s, found this game when I was surfing the web, has a feel close to it.

4. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns Well-Known Member

My friend showed me it on mobile last Fall. Looked groovy. I figured I'd play for a bit to help his GBs out and I'd quit due to my normal gaming treadmill pattern.

My friend quit a few months ago and I'm still playing. Whoops.

5. Orgetorix 903 the Mighty

Orgetorix 903 the Mighty New Member

Worlds:
    Tuulech
    I started playing because my flight got delayed in an airport and I was looking for something to do for a few minutes. A friend of mine had a strategy app on his phone that resembled a Civ game. While I was looking for something similar I found this and have been playing ever since.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  6. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Based on this, you might be older than me...by a little bit. ;)

TrinkOne likes this.
  7. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Well-Known Member

Bingo - my story to a tee.

Stephen Longshanks and Graviton like this.
  8. AceGoober

AceGoober Member

I'm a long, long time gamer (going on 40 years) on consoles, PC, phones, etc and a 30+ year computer technician. Long ago I used to play a game called Star Wars: Tiny Death Star which was unceremoniously pulled back in 2014. It was a big blow not only to the developers but also the users of the app, especially me considering the amount of time spent and progress made. I was maybe a month, give or take, from getting up to the maximum build level in the game. After the game app was pulled, I didn't touch any city building games for quite awhile mainly out of the fear of losing my city I'd invested so much time into.

Back on November 10, 2015, Fallout 4 was released to the world. As major Fallout series fan I was on it like butter on biscuits. Loved the building aspect which reminded me of various aspects with Tiny Death Star. Just over 2 years later, and 4,000 plus hours into the game, I was itching for something a bit more community oriented. I searched for city building apps but many seemed to lack community and/or features I was looking for. One day I happened to search for 'Empire' and stumbled upon Innogames web page for Forge of Empires. I liked what I viewed and after a bit of searching for feedback, joined.

To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. The challenges, Guilds, Events, Contests are above par, give or take a few glitches every now and again. Forge of Empires is a well thought-out game which satisfies my hunger for building. A game which I will stay with for the foreseeable future.

9. Resipsa2

Resipsa2 Member

10. Resipsa2

Resipsa2 Member

daughter got me into this madness; then she quit for high school and i can't seem to break the addiction... of course many friends in guild after years.

11. jumpmasterrt

jumpmasterrt New Member

I kept seeing the damn commercials on TV. I figured if it wasn't a "pay to win" game like GoW, Mobile Strike etc, I'd give it a go. I like the self set pace they allow so It keeps me playing.

12. TrinkOne

TrinkOne Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Noarsil
    Played Sparta:War of Empires for 3 yrs, got tired of it. I had a free coupon for this game, and I saw I could mine Alabaster. Nuff said. :rolleyes::p

Pretty sure I have you both beat. :) Can you dig that? :D:D

13. Stephen Longshanks

Later this year I would be eligible for early Social Security, except I'm a Civil Service retiree. :)

TrinkOne likes this.
  14. TrinkOne

TrinkOne Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Noarsil
    I get my first SSI check next month :)

15. Stephen Longshanks

Well I guess that means you win. Or lose, depending on how you look at it.;)

Graviton and TrinkOne like this.
  16. pic2z

pic2z Member

My son got me started on FoE in 2012, been with it ever since (it's all his fault). He quit due to not enough time for PC games and family. Like the city build part of FoE, love to rearrange everything. Been in several different guilds where GvG is the big thing (have lost the flavor for it though) - GE is more my style.

17. ForGotten3

ForGotten3 Active Member

I was trying to sign into Grepolis and mixed the two up... ended up staying going on 4 years ;)

Graviton likes this.
  18. ForGotten3

ForGotten3 Active Member

I think you mean GOW oh boy that game pushed me back into playing FOE :)

19. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    Darn it you're right, no wonder it hasn't worked.

20. Elaine Trapp

Elaine Trapp Well-Known Member

I liked the tv adds and was getting frustrated with the Support Team's answers on the other games of buy a new device every time I wrote to them about some bug that would pop up. I like this game the best because unlike the other games you only have to retrain your troops if you're the attacker and not the defender and also you don't have to put out fires or rebuild your defence every time someone attacks your city.