1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

How did YOU start playing Forge Of Empires?

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by King Zack the Almighty, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Loppyguy

Loppyguy Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    as i stated in another thread, these types of social games arent to my liking...but one day a friend invited me so i tried it out. and now i really like FOE a lot. i hope to have a long and properous relationship in the future

2. Grey Soul

Grey Soul Member

Worlds:
    Noarsil
    Got hurt at work, figured there would be a lot of waiting room sits and wanted something to fill the space. Ended up Loving the game and now grouped up with my childhood friend, niece and nephew in our own little squad of misfits enjoying the weekly Expedition

Elaine Trapp and Graviton like this.
  3. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    I've played Sid Meier's Civilization since the late 90's and I thought to myself one day, when looking through Google play store, I'd like something with a tech tree and so I searched "tech tree" I think and I think this was the first recommendation to come up so I gave it a try, liked it but once I found out it was on Browser I liked it even more so I stayed.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  4. cton2.forge

cton2.forge Active Member

Working 3rd shift security for a gated community. After watching every single movie on Netflix we decided it was time to find something else to fill our time...

5. La Marchessa

La Marchessa Member

The ad on an astrology site was a like a portal. I clicked on it, followed some arrows, got sucked in and never returned.

6. Victoria Augusta

Victoria Augusta New Member

From a recurring tv ad that subliminally said.. play. this. game. NOW. Thought to myself, why not?.. and the rest was history.

Elaine Trapp likes this.
  7. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    I played Sim City in mobile and other Strategy games in Android, uninstalled them in a month or two. it wasn't interesting to me.
    Later msn.com showed me an ad, clicked,
    [​IMG]
    took me to US server (dint have any idea about the servers), signed up
    seemed nobody was online . . .but looked like everyone was playing. .not sure if the new players were bots. . :confused:
    they dint chat / talk much. . :oops:

then as i levelled to IA and joined a nice Guild, i happen to see more active players.:)
    I was alone in the Game whenever I'm online (coz in US server, most of them sleeps when I'm awake)
    [​IMG]
    figured it out a bit late. xD. . . .;)
    that gave me enough time to snipe and work out bps hunting. . .LoL;)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Elaine Trapp likes this.
  8. Nicholas the Freelancer

Nicholas the Freelancer Active Member

I saw an ad for the game and thought to myself, "This looks fun." Looking back, not too wrong...

9. Bobby McGee31353

Bobby McGee31353 New Member

Was looking for something to "concentrate" on besides my mourning....saw the ad....rest is history....LOL

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  10. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

I kept getting an ad for FoE in Google Play Store. I decided to give it a try and at first, when the tutorial started, it seemed very complicated to me. Luckily, I kept playing and quickly found out how nice the game is. After a month or so, my Girlfriend started playing as well.