• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do I motivate and polish?

• Thread starter DeletedUser34529
  • Start date

DeletedUser34529

Can someone tell me how I motivate and polish buildings? I see the icon but it is transparent, I can’t click on it.

Jern2017

You can only motivate/polish your neighbors/friends and you can do it once in 24 hours. If the icon is transparent it's because you've already aided them less than 24 hours ago, or because they are not your friend, neighbor or fellow guild member.

DeletedUser34529

So it’s either Aid, or motivate or polish. You Aid to get money in the player quick look. But to motivate or polish you have to visit the city. You cannot Aid and motive/polish at the same time. Got it thanks!

DeletedUser31440

So it’s either Aid, or motivate or polish. You Aid to get money in the player quick look. But to motivate or polish you have to visit the city. You cannot Aid and motive/polish at the same time. Got it thanks!

No, you don't got it. Aid automatically chooses the building that is motivated/polished in the person's city, if there is nothing available to be motivated or polished it will just give you the coins and put an event in the player's event history saying that you aided but weren't able to polish/motivate any items.

DeletedUser34529

No, you don't got it. Aid automatically chooses the building that is motivated/polished in the person's city, if there is nothing available to be motivated or polished it will just give you the coins and put an event in the player's event history saying that you aided but weren't able to polish/motivate any items.
So Aiding is motivating or polishing?

DeletedUser31440

So Aiding is motivating or polishing?

Yes, aiding automatically chooses the building that is motivated/polished. But if no buildings are available to be motivated/polished it gives you the coins and locks your ability to motivate/polish for the next 24 hours.

DeletedUser34529

Is her a difference in aiding a friend vs a neighbor?

20TRUMP20

So I have noticed that when I go to a friends city and select motivate or polish and then tap on the star I get X amount of coins. Am I taking away the motivation or polish or does it stay for like 24 hours?

DevaCat

So I have noticed that when I go to a friends city and select motivate or polish and then tap on the star I get X amount of coins. Am I taking away the motivation or polish or does it stay for like 24 hours?
The coins are your reward for doing the m/p. Your friend's building will stay motivated until he collects it. If you polished something, that effect will last 24 hrs before expiring.

Vonderbach

If you are aiding friends, and you have the spare time, it's always nice to visit their city and motivate production or housing instead of using the aid button. This will not benefit you but it will help your friends and guild members as polishing can have zero effect on the recipient if they already have an enthusiastic populace. One really important thing I've learned is that having lots of small decorations will absolutely ruin your production and housing motivation from people that use the aid button since decorations and cultural buildings will be polished before motivation takes place when using the aid button. Until recently I was filling empty space with trees and other cheap decorations until I noticed that all the aid was going to those items instead of housing and production.

The default order for the aid button, as far as I have come to understand it, is:
  1. Decorations (Polish)
  2. Cultural Buildings (Polish)
  3. Highest ranking production or housing building in the research tree (Motivation)
  4. Lower ranking housing and production buildings in order of research tree placement. (Motivation)
Note: There is apparently some measure of RNG involved in this selection but I haven't seen evidence of it.
I welcome corrections to this list

Agent327

If you are aiding friends, and you have the spare time, it's always nice to visit their city and motivate production or housing instead of using the aid button. This will not benefit you but it will help your friends and guild members as polishing can have zero effect on the recipient if they already have an enthusiastic populace. One really important thing I've learned is that having lots of small decorations will absolutely ruin your production and housing motivation from people that use the aid button since decorations and cultural buildings will be polished before motivation takes place when using the aid button. Until recently I was filling empty space with trees and other cheap decorations until I noticed that all the aid was going to those items instead of housing and production.

The default order for the aid button, as far as I have come to understand it, is:
  1. Decorations (Polish)
  2. Cultural Buildings (Polish)
  3. Highest ranking production or housing building in the research tree (Motivation)
  4. Lower ranking housing and production buildings in order of research tree placement. (Motivation)
Note: There is apparently some measure of RNG involved in this selection but I haven't seen evidence of it.
I welcome corrections to this list

I have never seen a list that far off

Aiding priority is:
  1. Forge Points
  2. Goods
  3. Units
  4. Medals
  5. Guild Power
After that there is a 50/50 chance of either motivating or polishing. After that selection has been made it will pick a building of the highest age.

Vonderbach

I have never seen a list that far off

Aiding priority is:
  1. Forge Points
  2. Goods
  3. Units
  4. Medals
  5. Guild Power
After that there is a 50/50 chance of either motivating or polishing. After that selection has been made it will pick a building of the highest age.

For starters, that list is clearly outdated, but thanks for cutting and pasting from the wiki. Since Happiness does not appear on that list, it is clearly not being factored. I know for a fact that decorations and cultural buildings are being motivated in advance of production. As I type this I have two lower age cultural buildings that are motivated while my production (goods/material) buildings sit untouched. This pattern has been confirmed by weeks of observation on my end.

Secondly, I very clearly mentioned that I was open to correction, so your snark is unnecessary and combative. I think I'll email the community managers about your attitude. You have demonstrated an extraordinary level of contempt for the people of this forum and I think it needs to be addressed.

Agent327

For starters, that list is clearly outdated, but thanks for cutting and pasting from the wiki. Since Happiness does not appear on that list, it is clearly not being factored. I know for a fact that decorations and cultural buildings are being motivated in advance of production. As I type this I have two lower age cultural buildings that are motivated while my production (goods/material) buildings sit untouched. This pattern has been confirmed by weeks of observation on my end.

Outdated????

Weeks of observation on you end up with egg on your face. You should have read the announcements.

[/URL]

Happiness is caused by polishing. It's there. Right AFTER everything else.

Secondly, I very clearly mentioned that I was open to correction, so your snark is unnecessary and combative. I think I'll email the community managers about your attitude. You have demonstrated an extraordinary level of contempt for the people of this forum and I think it needs to be addressed.

You were open for correction and yet you now fight that correction. Does not seem very open to me.

Last edited:

Vonderbach

It very clearly says "buildings" and mentions nothing of decorations. I stand by my prior comment as it pertains to that priority.

And I went ahead and contacted the Community Managers about your behavior. Whether it results in anything isn't my concern. But they should know you are not providing a welcome environment for their clients. Many people pay good money to participate in this game (myself included) and your perpetual combative behavior is not conducive to furthering their revenue stream.

Agent327

It very clearly says "buildings" and mentions nothing of decorations. I stand by my prior comment as it pertains to that priority.

Yes, it does say buildings and it means that those type of buildings are top of the list. After those 5 types of buildings with priority have been motivated there is a random choice of what will happen next. Either a building will be motivated or polished. When that choice has been made, it will be the highest aged building. Building in gametalk also means decoration. It can even mean road.

I am not the combative one here. You are the one coming up with wrong information. I am simply trying to correct it, so others will not be led astray. You not accepting that I am right is what is leading to what you feel is a combat.