• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do lower level players get so many GBs?

KeithOfTheForge

After our last neighborhood shuffle, we now have a High Middle Ages player in our neighborhood with 13 GBs (The Arc included). How is this even possible? I was lucky enough to get a blueprint to unlock The Arc and the materials I need are from The Future which is very far along in the game. Or, I could unlock it for 18,750 diamonds (which is around $160). People aren't really paying $160 to unlock these buildings are they? There must be another way as many people in my neighborhood have multiple GBs above the High Middle Ages and I have a total of one GB?

DeletedUser26965

People aren't really paying $160 to unlock these buildings are they?
Yes, they are, people spend an absurd amount of money on this game which is good cuz I get to play for free;). Also diamonds are account bound so you can have cities on all worlds and use the diamonds earned from them on one city. You can also buy goods from making deals with other players by giving them forge points on their GB's.

Lucifer1904

They do pay a lot of $$$ to get these things. but i am LMA with 9 GB's and counting and have not spent any money on this account or diamonds on prints. My highest era GB is my traz which is PE. working on my arc only 1 print away.

Algona

Freeroller here with a almost 8 week old IA city with Babel, Zeus, CoA, LoA. SMB going in later today, CdM when I jump into EMA and score a couple Expansions, Traz when I get 3 more BPs, A couple weeks from today I hope. The only thing slowing me down is producing the Goods to trade for the advanced GBs.

Both Glarg and Cosmic Raven have written excellent Guides on fast starts. Look in the Guides Forum, CR is near the top, Glarg is hiding in the Pending subforum: ;ook for my long post on page 3 about how to enhance Glarg's Guide.

DeletedUser26154

They do pay a lot of $$$ to get these things.

I've spent money for Diamonds, for several sets of B.P.s when I was in the EMA and later.
It was about $20.00 to fill out several sets.

images (12).jpg

To me it was worth having them quickly.

DeletedUser27889

I have bought diamonds but apart from spending 200 on that last BP once or twice I didn't spend any getting my advanced GBs. I made a deal trading FPs for goods from higher level players and I mo/po'd selectively to get the bulk of BPs. The cost for the goods is just too high IMHO. It takes some patience and networking but advanced GBs are available to anyone without spending a penny.

DeletedUser25273

As people say, with a high level guild or friends, it isn't hard to trade up to get the goods (often with fp thrown in). In one Iron Age neighborhood I have a neighbor with 2 million points and over a dozen GB, including the Arc, and a Seed Vault.

DeletedUser28636

I'm looking for someone to trade me for goods to build the Arc, have prints but no friends guildies or neighbors that I can find have them in Parkog

Mustapha00

It could also be a combination of All Of The Above.

Patience, as in hanging out in a lower Age until you acquire all the resources necessary (bps, fps, goods and/or Diamonds) to build whatever GB(s) you wish to build.

Being Social, as in joining a good Guild and filling up that Friends list. Between the Friends list and your Neighborhood, you can reasonably quickly acquire bps through motivating and polishing. With a good Guild, you can usually set up a swap of higher Age goods for Forge Points; quite a few Guilds have discussion threads set up to help lower Age folks acquire advanced GBs such as Alcatraz and, yes, Arc.

Being willing to spend some money, as in breaking down and buying that last doggone bp you need for the set. I can't say I've done that for any GB except the Observatory, but I surely have done it.

DeletedUser

My set of arc goods was 1,275 fp in V world.
On S world, I got the full set of Arc goods, plus the TE goods for the Voyager V1 for 1284 FP. On V world, I was trying to set up a deal for the FE Arc goods, but the guy kept wanting me to donate first, then trade. Then he stopped responding to my messages. Didn't get a single good from him. When I finally got his attention again, he said he missed the messages because they were buried in his 13 page message center. Yeah, right, ex-friend!

DeletedUser26120

I was surprised when he gave me all goods up front (it was I van) and told me to pay him the fp.

I could have taken that full set of arc goods and walked away and some people might have but I paid back the fp.

DeletedUser

I was surprised when he gave me all goods up front (it was I van) and told me to pay him the fp.

I could have taken that full set of arc goods and walked away and some people might have but I paid back the fp.
Same thing on S, both players fronted me the goods. Of course, they've been on my friend's list for a long, long time. In fact, I think they're friends with me on more than one world. The guy on V world was just a higher ranking player that had been in my hood at one time.

Edited to add: I did pay them both, of course, didn't want to get mistaken for a certain person who has been in the news a lot the last couple of years. (Got chastised for political baiting once, so I won't identify this person I'm referring to. Call him Deep Twit.)

DeletedUser12370

I`m in PE and have 25 Great Buildings. The higher ones are Arctic Orangery, Arc, Innovation Tower, Dynamic Tower and Cape Canaveral. And I did not spend a single cent to get them. I have full sets for rest of the Great Buildings except for Atlantis Museum and Seed Vault. Gathering last goods for Gae.

As @spnnr mentioned I have a video explaining, how to get blueprints. I`ve used most of the methods mentioned in the video starting from BA.
To answer some questions:

How I got blueprints for Great Buildings above my age?
1. Invited many high age friends (aid every day or as often as possible);
2. scouted for Great Buildings with cheap blueprints (players who tend to put FPS in their own GBS are those to watch);

Where did I get goods?
Bought them for fps.

Some other factors to mention
1. I play slow, so I have a bigger chance to gather full set for Great Buildings above my age
2. My playing style is built aroung Great Buildings, I simply like them. :)

DeletedUser28670

When I finally got his attention again, he said he missed the messages because they were buried in his 13 page message center. Yeah, right, ex-friend!
Of course, in your situation, it must have been very bad. But still, it's possible that a person loses a message. I wanted to stop a fp-good trade once, but the person didn't respond. I started a new conversation, he was very apologetic and returned the fps. So it's possible for the messages to be "flooded".