• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do the Rogues work ?? Easter quest

DeletedUser3936

Does anyone know how the Rogues work for the Easter Egg quest and if they are worth it? Thanks every-one :)

DeletedUser2145

The Rogue is a unique unit with 100 Attack, 1 Defense, 14 Movementand a special ability: ignores the first damage and instead transforms into another unit from your army. However, keep in mind that this does NOT work if you have only rogues, this has to be a 'normal' unit that the rogue will transform to. If your enemy kills off your other units first, then your rogues will die at the first hit they take.

There's a lot of "chance" involved here. If you have a mix of different units in the army, the rogue could take up the form of any of them, so you could be delivering a long or short range unit next to the enemy... Not so good. But then, you could get the unit that you just need and save you even from the hardest battles.

DeletedUser

What does the Rouge Hideout do ?
And if your Rouge Unit dies is he gone forever ?
Also so what your saying is your Rouge Unit's will stay alive, as long as you still have other real unit's alive, or will it die if the unit it transformed into should fall in battle ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

It lets you produce Rogues as you produce units from other military buildings.

If your Rogue unit dies then he's dead/gone. If you have a Rogue Hideout you can produce it again.

The unit will transform only once, so it doesn't matter if you have other real units alive --- after he's transformed and is killed, he's gone.

DeletedUser2145

It has 5 slots, 2 are free, 2 can be bought with eggs or diamonds (30 and 60 respectively) and the 5th one is diamonds-only.

DeletedUser

So, I've been playing with my rogue and honestly, I am underwhelmingly impressed.

The rogue hideout is like any other military building. It has 5 slots available, with the last three slots having a pretty high price tag to unlock.

Training a rogue requires no resources at all. However training time is 24 hours. That's right, one full day to replace a single rogue.

In combat:

The Rogue's movement is limited. It takes a minimum of 2 turns to get him close enough to attack something. Depending on troop movement, it may take as many as three turns. Using him in combination with Dragoons is nearly pointless. By the time the lil Rogue arrives to do battle, he's standing there saying "where did everybody go??" While the Dragoons laugh at him for being so slow.

Perhaps I read the description of the rogue incorrectly, but I was under the impression that he was 'invisible' until he transformed, and wouldn't be attacked. This is not the case. Musketeers, breech loaders, and howitzers will attack him, making his value even more questionable. About half the time, long before he has an opportunity to attack something, he takes a hit which transforms him into something else. Given his unique abilities, the primary value of the rogue is his first strike capability - attack 100!!! - but after about a dozen battles, in only one was I was able to exploit this trait.

Furthermore, his attack value of 100 doesn't seem to matter. Theoretically he should be able to attack just about anything and kill it with one hit. Nope! He can take out a long range unit - treb, cannon, field cannon, etc in a single hit. All others require two hits.

Finally, on defense, the Rogue is BEYOND worthless. Leave him alone and attack him last, and even a spearman will kill him with a single hit.

In other words, I could not possibly be less impressed. A total waste of 400 eggs.

DeletedUser4825

This is what I posted in my guild forum. Thought it might help.

Rogues you ask???

Up Side:
1. They ignore the first damage they recieve as long as there are other units in your army that are still alive.
2. Awesome attack power. Most pre-HMA units can't survive a hit from them.
3. Once you unlock them in the hideout they are free to build.
4. If your Rogue morphs during battle and survives to the end, he morphs back into a Rogue in your army select screen.
Down Side:
1. You only get two free slots in the hideout. The next two cost eggs or diamonds to unlock (30 and 60 respectively). The last one requires Diamonds only (100).
2. Once they are hit they morph into something else in your army and you can't control what that is (unless you only have one other kind of unit in that battle).
3. They aren't as mobile as I'd like. You have to either send some horsemen in front to occupy the enemy or you have to hold everyone back until the enemy is in range for the movement/attack.
4. It takes 24 hours to train 1 rogue. Loose one and you're waiting until tomorrow to get him back.
5. If the Rogue is the last unit in your army, one hit and he's dead.

Bottom Line? I personally think they're worth it. They are a fun unit to play with. The only time I'm annoyed is when I have them on the front lines and they morph into a siege weapon... Can you say Rogue Suicide?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what the exact healing time is for a rogue, but one of mine had 8 damage dealt to it and several hours later it wasn't even halfway healed yet. I'm thinking its an hour per damage point to heal or possibly longer. Yet another big downside. I don't think its worth the space. I played with mine for a few days, but they just don't offer any incentive to keep them.

DeletedUser4074

Rogues have a listed healing time of 2h24 per point. Makes sense, as they take a day to train.
Having played with them some - rogues are hard to use, but incredibly powerful. I'm actually really impressed at the range of opinions people seem to have about rogues (and watchfires), it means the devs did a good job of creating things that are different, interesting, and useful, without being overpowering.

DeletedUser

The Rogue is a unique unit with 100 Attack, 1 Defense, 14 Movementand a special ability: ignores the first damage and instead transforms into another unit from your army. However, keep in mind that this does NOT work if you have only rogues, this has to be a 'normal' unit that the rogue will transform to. If your enemy kills off your other units first, then your rogues will die at the first hit they take.

There's a lot of "chance" involved here. If you have a mix of different units in the army, the rogue could take up the form of any of them, so you could be delivering a long or short range unit next to the enemy... Not so good. But then, you could get the unit that you just need and save you even from the hardest battles.

very well said :)

- - - Updated - - -

that's interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I posted in my guild forum. Thought it might help.

Rogues you ask???

Up Side:
1. They ignore the first damage they recieve as long as there are other units in your army that are still alive.
2. Awesome attack power. Most pre-HMA units can't survive a hit from them.
3. Once you unlock them in the hideout they are free to build.
4. If your Rogue morphs during battle and survives to the end, he morphs back into a Rogue in your army select screen.
Down Side:
1. You only get two free slots in the hideout. The next two cost eggs or diamonds to unlock (30 and 60 respectively). The last one requires Diamonds only (100).
2. Once they are hit they morph into something else in your army and you can't control what that is (unless you only have one other kind of unit in that battle).
3. They aren't as mobile as I'd like. You have to either send some horsemen in front to occupy the enemy or you have to hold everyone back until the enemy is in range for the movement/attack.
4. It takes 24 hours to train 1 rogue. Loose one and you're waiting until tomorrow to get him back.
5. If the Rogue is the last unit in your army, one hit and he's dead.

Bottom Line? I personally think they're worth it. They are a fun unit to play with. The only time I'm annoyed is when I have them on the front lines and they morph into a siege weapon... Can you say Rogue Suicide?

hmmmm...... thanks for those insights...

DeletedUser3104

Does the Rogue hideout cost population?

One up side is they age with you. If you have Swordsmen they become Swordsmen, you replace Swordsmen with Rangers, now the rogues become rangers. So you never have to replace a Rogue Hideout, it will always morph to what ever you are using. But I would not recommend using them with Ranged units, else you will end up with Range unit on the front line.

4 Rangers, 2 Gendniers and 2 Rogues seems like a good attack setup, especially if you have Military bonus GBs. If the Rogue can get off the first attack of 100(plus any mods) then ignores the first attack and then becomes say a Ranger, that doesnt sound too bad.

Down side is they really dont seem to be a good defensive option, and the long build/heal times.

DeletedUser2145

They don't take up population, nor any cost for producing them. All you're paying is the space and the eggs.

DeletedUser4933

I used the eggs to buy a rogue hideout but now I can't figure out how to build it. I am obviously missing something simple. Anyone willing to help me out?

DeletedUser4844

I used the eggs to buy a rogue hideout but now I can't figure out how to build it. I am obviously missing something simple. Anyone willing to help me out?
Click the inventory button (bottom left corner). You should be able to build the rogue hideout from there.

tds32

If my tourney attack units are set for the HMA level and I use a Rouge unit, will I still get HMA credit with a victory?

DeletedUser4844

Yes. If the highest age non-rogue unit in your attacking army is from the HMA then you will get points in the HMA tower for the attack.

DeletedUser6741

Does the Rogue hideout cost population?

One up side is they age with you. If you have Swordsmen they become Swordsmen, you replace Swordsmen with Rangers, now the rogues become rangers. So you never have to replace a Rogue Hideout, it will always morph to what ever you are using. But I would not recommend using them with Ranged units, else you will end up with Range unit on the front line.

4 Rangers, 2 Gendniers and 2 Rogues seems like a good attack setup, especially if you have Military bonus GBs. If the Rogue can get off the first attack of 100(plus any mods) then ignores the first attack and then becomes say a Ranger, that doesnt sound too bad.

Down side is they really dont seem to be a good defensive option, and the long build/heal times.
I wasn't all that thrilled when I landed four Rogue Hideouts during the Summer Event, (3 in one world and 1 in my other), then after seeing them in action I was extremely happy with the results of my spins.
Defensively they are awesome. First attack on them is void. Mix five of them with 3 other units of varrying types an any would-be attacker better think long and hard what they are up against.

*Arturis*

When you are fighting the opponent with a very high defend when it takes like 100s shots just to kill 1 tanks, rogues won't be a huge factor to the battle outcome anymore, only down side is you can't get much points from killing rogues, but that is going to change after the next 8/8 patch.