• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] how do you feel about plundering?

DeletedUser25385

Just curious on your thoughts. When I first tried out the game I did it not knowing what I was doing, but then when I was plundered twice by the same person I didn't like the way it felt. When I battle someone I skip plundering. Just wondering how often other players do it. I am new to the game. If this thread is posted in the wrong topic place let me know where to post, thanks.

DeletedUser23123

Not much a fighter my self. Just do PvP sometime. Never plunder. Though I had to a couple of time for a quest, but that it. Sometime I just fight to add up more battle numbers when I get tired of looking at the same digit.

DeletedUser7289

I don't plunder much, but I'll always plunder Hall of Fame's if I can to help my guild. I'll plunder you if you've given me a good reason to as well, but mostly I don't bother. Of course, I'm done with tech and my cities produce most everything I need, so it's easy for me to be nice to my neighbors.
And if someone plunders me, I tip my cap to them. I keep a tight production schedule, so it rarely happens.

DeletedUser15042

I am all for it. Its a war game. I plunder people (after consideration of their age and guild). When I get plundered, it sucks, but that is my fault. I completely control if I am plundered or not. If I leave goods sitting around, I deserve to have them taken from me. Those that cry and complain about it make me laugh. They have no one to blame but themselves. Collect on time or go play farmville, chutes and ladders, uno, etc.

DeletedUser10415

There are probably as many dedicated plunderers in the game as there are dedicated whiners, though to the latter number I'll have to add rage-quitters who never even get around to whining on the forum about being plundered, which is a shame because if they had, then some kind soul might have had the opportunity to clue them in that setting goods production for times you know you can be there to collect them as soon as they pop is the only way to go. The majority I would say know well enough to collect on time, and are fairly self-sufficient, and are thus neither whiners or habitual plunderers.

For my own part, I plunder those who, in my eyes, deserve it; either by not reciprocating the aid I give, or by attacking my city. Others would have other criteria.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9433

I only plunder goods buildings, bazaars and Mad Scientists lab unless they defend with two spearmen or something less than an optimal defense then I will take supplies.

DeletedUser13452

It's a game and plundering is part of it. I don't plunder much because I don't need to (not a matter of being nice, really). If you plunder, you can expect to be plundered. For those rare occasions when RL prevents me from collecting on time, I rarely get plundered (twice in the last year, I think). There are those that would plunder you no matter what, so play your way and have fun. ;)

DeletedUser8420

I plunder every day ... of course...I have voyager which gives bonus of goods when I plunder...So any more I plunder coins and supplies as well as goods...according to how soon I collect on my voyager. But mostly I plunder being a bit bored since I am done with tech tree and continental map...yes I do GVG at times too to add points.

I get plundered if I don't collect on time - my fault for letting it set.

DeletedUser11826

I am a very dedicated plunderer. Plundering is my way of life, and the rewards are bountiful if one plunders. In fact, I get so many goods in certain ages that I never have to make my own goods building. You also get a bunch of hate mail, and a bunch of players to troll. :)

Usually, what I do is send a scouting brigade (4 artillery and 4 short-ranged units), to check out every single person's defense in my neighborhood if its my first day in my neighborhood, and I will use that scouting brigade to attack anybody with weak enough defenses that result in my scouting brigade to only lose health to a few troops or no damage to my troops at all. I record everybody's defenses into an Excel spreadsheet (sorry, I can't afford Access), and when the cooldown ends for a particular player, I would attack with an army specialized to eliminate their defenses. Anybody that I can't possibly beat within the next 48 hours (their army is way too strong for me to beat) is aided on the next day. If a person changes their army, I record their changes in the Excel spreadsheet.

I am in high school, and I play Forge during class (without any detriment to my grades) which gives me a lot of times to check if somebody has their goods buildings out and ready. The release of the mobile version to iPhones is the only reason why I returned back to forge after a break from 2 years.

DeletedUser17558

I, too, plunder as often as possible. I haven't had goods buildings in years except when a new era opens up. I believe the goods you get from plundering and the chance at BP's outweigh the loss of aiding. Everything else you can get from a good guild.

I have used spreadsheets in the past. It also helps you remember who puts out unboosted goods buildings to help you avoid them in the future.

It's a game, not a reflection of who you are in real life. Anyone who puts their morals on you for how you play a game is wrong, plain and simple.

Ylisaveta

I don't usually plunder because it slows me down. I go right down the hood for points. I'll sometimes look for premium stuff if I have the time, goods, but especially crowns and fps. I will take the best thing available, even go back and check, if it's someone 2 eras above me who has 2 spearmen. Seriously, I'm waaaaay newer to this game that most of you guys, HMA, and almost everyone in my hood rushed through the tech tree and is in LMA or Colonial. I'm number one by over 100k points. They could run over me if they had some backbone. Instead, they put up 2 spearmen. Cha-ching, I will take the coins from your Iron Age houses you can't be bothered to replace. Nuts to you and your Bronze Age decos, too. :)

DeletedUser

I plunder everyone I encounter that has made it to EMA or later with no defense. The way I see it, if someone makes it to EMA without learning how to set their defense, they are begging to be plundered.

Czari

I am all for it. Its a war game.
Battling is a part of FoE but I saw it advertised as a city-building game which is why I joined. Trading is another interesting (to many people) aspect of the game. I'm in a non-GvG trading guild and enjoy it thoroughly.

To the OPs question - I PvP in my neighborhoods for the Tower Tournament points and to add to my overall game score but do not plunder as I consider it stealing. I realize plundering was built into the game so I am not complaining nor whining, just stating that taking something from someone else, even in a game, is the definition of theft. That is why I personally do not plunder. :)

DeletedUser10415

My name isn't really Glarg. IRL, I don't have a Rail Gun Range, or hundreds of Rogues to do my bidding. IRL I don't plunder my neighbors. They've got dogs...and guns. And besides, that'd be wrong. Fortunately, Forge of Empires is a game - A place where I can exist differently.

I am not complaining nor whining, just stating that taking something from someone else, even in a game, is the definition of theft. That is why I personally do not plunder. :)

...or play 'Monopoly'. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylisaveta

I find the number of people who feel it necessary to put "I fight for pvp points, but I don't plunder" on their profiles a little absurd. "I will brutally slaughter your imaginary army with my imaginary army, but I won't steal your imaginary stuff." :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4331

I usually do not plunder. I've done it when needed to for a quest or if I get someone that plunders me then sure, but otherwise it's not part of my game. Would rather just fight for the points and the medals I get from the towers. Don't really have the time to keep track of who has what and when they have it.