• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] how do you feel about plundering?

Czari

That also something I don't understand. Saw a city with wave of HMA Units barracks. I thinking "Ok time for a practice run". I know I was going to lose. But, what I see. 2 spearfighter. This player is in LMA with Rogues, watchfires and GBs with defense boost. Like he was just waiting to see who would hit him. Like someone in a crowd with a hidden brass knuckle waiting for a fight.

I'm baffled by this one also and have had the same experiences you cite. Recently someone had just one Color Guard as a defense. It worked, though, because I couldn't bring myself to unleash my entire army on lone lil guy bravely waving his flag. :( That aside, I have heard some people say to put up the 2 spearmen defense because it would either deter those that are looking for higher points. That part is true but if one is after plunder it provides a quick win, plunder, move on.

DeletedUser8152

The one that boggles me is two spearmen with +200% defense bonus. Obviously I think you should put up the strongest defense you can, but I know for some people the satisfaction they get from denying points makes up for the increased chance of getting attacked. And that's fine if it suits you. But in that case, why invest a bunch of land and resources in defensive boosts?

DeletedUser9433

Forget 2 Spearman and just put a single Rogue:eek:
2 spearmen give 216 pts and a single Rouge offers 240 so not much difference. Anytime I see either of these defenses the offending player gets plundered 100% of the time.

DeletedUser6815

cbalto if players complain to me I'm cool and I keep plundering. The ones that really get me are the ones who curse at me and question my character as though I go murdering and plundering my RL neighbors. If how you play this game were really any indication of how people live in RL almost no one would be playing this game. And why players get so upset over what happens in a game is beyond my understanding. I'm here to have fun! Do I like it when I get plundered? No but it's all pat of the challenge and the fun for me.

DeletedUser10415

Forget 2 Spearman and just put a single Rogue:eek:
I love when players go to the trouble to thoroughly think things through and put up a single rogue to circumvent the default 2 spearmen that are the result of mounting no defense, as the single rogue is worth 24 more points than the spearmen. If only they thought a wee bit harder they might come up with putting 1 spearman. :eek:

DeletedUser14197

Is it OK for the complainer to call the plunders names? Seems to happen pretty often...

Is it OK if I complain about folk complaining about being plundered?

The point I was making is that it is ok to complain. What is not ok is to call people names. I never said some people should be allowed to call otehrs names and some shouldn't. I said that the forum is for complaining and praising, both. It is not for name calling. When people call others names for complaining they are in essence discouraging them from giving their opinion unless it is positive. In order for eveeryone to feel totally free to give their opinion no matter what it is, there should not be any name calling allowed.

DeletedUser14197

I agree, and every time i plunder a player's goods i laugh and giggle. Thinking how dumb a player would leave a day's worth of goods and not collecting them :)

One time I was fighting my neighbors and was surprised how many left goods that I could have plundered. I am not really into that aspect of the game. I didn't check to see if they left them everyday. However, there are times where one thinks they can get back and life gets in teh way. The player may not be being "dumb". Perhaps they were being smart and letting real life have preference over a game. Maybe their kids needed them, or company stopped by or someone in real life kept them from teh game. Sometimes we lose perspective. There is nothing one gets from this game or any other of the ones I have played where you actually get anything of any value from the game. If the game closes, all you really have is the enjoyment you had from playing the game. This is pretty much like any card game you play, or going to a movie. You have the enjoyment from the game, that is it. You can get the biggest city, the most goods, be first in your neighborhood, but in reality, you have nothing if the game closes. Even if the game goes on forever, you have nothing to leave your family when you die from playing this game. It's a game.

DeletedUser14197

I love when players go to the trouble to thoroughly think things through and put up a single rogue to circumvent the default 2 spearmen that are the result of mounting no defense, as the single rogue is worth 24 more points than the spearmen. If only they thought a wee bit harder they might come up with putting 1 spearman. :eek:

That is me!!!! I have done it all. I have put nothing. I have put one rogue. I have put one spearsman. The thing is, I don't really know how the points work and don't care enough to go to the trouble to find out. You can think all you want to, but if you don't know the point system, it simply is an act in futility. I don't guess I care anymore if anyone attacks me as I dont' have any goods being produced in any of my cities, cause I don't know for sure when I'll be on. I am on too much, it is just I don't know for sure when Ill be on, which makes it hard to produce goods and not get plundered, so I simply don't produce or really play actively. Too bad there isn't a way to make the game work for all kinds of players, the haphazard player and the one who consisitently gets on. I would like to enjoy it, but really, I don't find it fun getting plundered and since the only reason at all to play the game is to have fun, I will only play in a way that I am enjoying it, which for the time being means not producing goods since I can't guarantee when Ill be on and getting plundered is "not fun"

DeletedUser20367

I can think of one situation where a higher level player could benefit from putting up 2 spears. If they always collect on time there is no plunder risk and if they are active in the towers they are denying points to their opponents. As for why they put up 2 spears instead of 1 spear, I suspect that most players don't have any unattached spearfighters. I know I used up all of mine for the 'delete units' quests long before I thought seriously about PvP and I'm not going to waste space of Traz production to get some back. Got a couple of warriors to fight in the Bronze tower though. :)

DeletedUser

This was meant as a joke. I don't PvP unless I have a quest that forces me to. I play on Android so don't engage in GvG. Have no idea about the point values of various troops and could care less. I do try to put up the best defense I can, mostly with unattached troops I've gotten from events. My cities are mostly dedicated to Goods production and GBs. I keep just enough supply buildings running to pay for my Goods and allow me to advance research as desired.
I've been fortunate enough to be in fairly quiet hoods on all worlds, the rare times I have been attacked and plundered I shrug it off and keep going since I'm producing enough goods on a regular bases that it rarely impacts my play.
Only time I've gotten a little steamed was on my main world when a half dozen players in progressive or higher got merged into my hood where the top player had just hit LMA. I M/P them and sent friend requests which most of them accepted which was great but a couple insisted on not only running me over but then doing their best to hold off on plundering until they thought they could get most out of it. If they were in same age range that sort of action wouldn't bother me as I can see them just trying to get ahead with their preferred play style, but when you've got such a huge tech advantage it's like seniors in highschool picking on 5th and 6th graders. A little honest trading will net you far more lower age goods than looting will so either loot whatever is available immediately when your running over little guys or skip it alltogether, take your points and move on. Anyways they didn't really hurt me, I got a few new friends from higher ages and on next hood shuffle they were gone again so life in FoE is good.

DeletedUser10415

I'm not going to waste space of Traz production to get some back.

It'd be no trouble to put a spearman barracks up until Traz generates a spearman for you and then sell the barracks.

DeletedUser13838

I can think of one situation where a higher level player could benefit from putting up 2 spears. If they always collect on time there is no plunder risk and if they are active in the towers they are denying points to their opponents. As for why they put up 2 spears instead of 1 spear, I suspect that most players don't have any unattached spearfighters. I know I used up all of mine for the 'delete units' quests long before I thought seriously about PvP and I'm not going to waste space of Traz production to get some back. Got a couple of warriors to fight in the Bronze tower though. :)

Leaving a weak defense is a bad strategy for several reasons:

• Everyone gets the same points regardless what defense you use so no effect on tower points.
  • Everyone can attack and beat you.
  • Everyone can choose which age to get points in so more motivation to attack you.

All in all this means more people want to attack you and can beat you which means more chance to get plundered.

Only positive to the strategy that I can think of is that your tower rivals get fewer points from attacking you than you get from attacking them.

DeletedUser20367

Only positive to the strategy that I can think of is that your tower rivals get fewer points from attacking you than you get from attacking them.

Yup, that was the point I was trying to make. I've never done that and would never do that but I can see how someone might.

DeletedUser20367

It'd be no trouble to put a spearman barracks up until Traz generates a spearman for you and then sell the barracks.

I put up a warrior barracks to get unattached for Bronze Age.

DeletedUser10415

This is the main reason I'd use a 1 spear defense. If I knew someone who was competing with me for a tower could break my defense.

DeletedUser8152

This is the main reason I'd use a 1 spear defense. If I knew someone who was competing with me for a tower could break my defense.
Yeah but: if they are competing with you in a tower then it is presumably the tower of your age. (If it's lower then you should be able to stop them with your age troops, if it's higher then you probably aren't competing in it.)

So you're looking at an even age battle. You can't win that, but you should be able to damage a few troops, or even several if you plan your defenders well. So they get the points for that battle, but now they have fewer troops for the rest of the hood/GvG. So I think the only time you would really benefit here is when facing an opponent with so many troops they can run the whole hood and do all the GvG fighting they can find, and still have fresh troops left over. Certainly there are people like that, but I think not really that many. For anyone else, taking down your defense just means one more battle somewhere else.

DeletedUser25385

IMO. I think it a waste of time. Okay, some like doing it. But, Really, What did it accomplish. You make a bunch of Units and watch them get trained and healed. All this to take a few thing from someone else city. You put in a lot of effort to build attack boost. Dump ton of Forge into a Traz. Then get loaded up on Watchfires and Rogues which take 24 hrs to make 2 then have to buy the rest in Diamonds. All just to plundered.
Yes I plundered but I don't take it seriously. On Quest request and when someone piss me off. I make 35 forge a day. don't need those. I trade all my Boost and GB Goods to level out the rest. Don't need those. Sitting on 2 million Coins and 2 million Supplies. Don't need those.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Fighting in GvG or even the PvP. But, just to do it so one can plunder daily? Not worth it for me.
Yes I agree. I ended up going on a plundering spree after this and it accomplished nothing. I barely got the supplies I was looking for and it was a waste of time, energy, and supplies/money to retrain. Plus I ended up getting attacked out of retaliation. There was no positive outcome to it.

DeletedUser10415

So I think the only time you would really benefit here is when facing an opponent with so many troops they can run the whole hood and do all the GvG fighting they can find, and still have fresh troops left over. Certainly there are people like that, but I think not really that many.

I'm one of those "people like that", and I assume anybody who is closely competing with me for 1st place on a tower is also "people like that". People who're not like that aren't my competition. ;)