• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] How do you rotate buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

you don't. if you type "rotate" into the search bar at the top of the forum you will find numerous threads explaining that you can not rotate and the Devs will not add rotating.

DeletedUser4065

you don't. if you type "rotate" into the search bar at the top of the forum you will find numerous threads explaining that you can not rotate and the Devs will not add rotating.

I did make a search and didn't found anything. Probably I did something wrong. Thx!

DeletedUser

Seems a bit insulting to me... You're a mod, you're meant to come across as helpful. It is your job to answer questions, so do it with a bit more enthusiasm.

I did make a search and didn't found anything. Probably I did something wrong. Thx!
Basically, the fact that you can't rotate makes it harder... It would be too easy if you could :D

DeletedUser

I'm willing to admit when someone points out something I could've done better.

If I came across as curt or short tempered, then I apologize to Petero, it was not my intention.

DeletedUser27606

It is much more likely that the developers do not want to create graphics for the other rotation(s), which is pathetic since rotatable buildings are a benchmark of Civilization-type social media games. Not unexpected considering the low-res 2D models.

Jase249

It is much more likely that the developers do not want to create graphics for the other rotation(s), which is pathetic since rotatable buildings are a benchmark of Civilization-type social media games. Not unexpected considering the low-res 2D models.

I had a similar thought regarding rotations, but there's a bit more to it. I think you're probably right with the issue of creating 2 sets of graphics for each building, but it's important to keep in mind that buildings are not static images but rather short 3-5 second animation clips. What I know about computer programming can be inscribed on the head of a pin with a dull butter knife, but my guess is that the animation clips take up a ton of room in terms of digital storage and having to double the size of each would not be feasible for the FoE setup.

DeletedUser27505

When I first tried F.O.E. , I to found it difficult not being able to rotate buildings but now that I have been on here a few months... I like the challenge. :)
(Just my 2 cents worth)

Status
Not open for further replies.