• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How does aid decide what to polish/motivate?

DeletedUser1753

As stated in the title, I'd like to know the rules by which aid decides what to do in a city because for crying out loud I cannot figure any logic in the preference to always keep my flowers polished and never hitting anything useful.
I don't mind rearranging my city for it to work well but trial and error isn't gonna cut it.

Also I am very sorry when I'm not the first to ask but 'aid' is excluded as search phrase (too short) and anything else I've tried searching didn't give any useful topics.

DeletedUser9184

First, it goes for any shrines or buildings that produce goods when motivated, then it chooses to either polish or motivate, then it goes from the highest age to the lowest.

DeletedUser1753

That doesn't explain why 9 out of 10 aids are polish flowers. The first you mention I don't have I think because I don't even know what those are. It chooses polish way more often than motivate. It should not polish decorations when there's cultural available and every coin/supply building is unmotivated. Since polish lasts 12h and motivation 15 min to 8h (except for the highest ages but alas), motivation should have a way higher occurrence than polish.

DeletedUser7289

1st advice: Get rid of the flowers! Built a cultural building from your current age! Since decorations have the same chance of being polished as buildings do, you're way better off getting 1 big polish than a whole bunch of little polishes.

DeletedUser9184

That doesn't explain why 9 out of 10 aids are polish flowers. The first you mention I don't have I think because I don't even know what those are. It chooses polish way more often than motivate. It should not polish decorations when there's cultural available and every coin/supply building is unmotivated. Since polish lasts 12h and motivation 15 min to 8h (except for the highest ages but alas), motivation should have a way higher occurrence than polish.
It seems like 9 out of 10, but count your last 50 aids. It should be close to even. If it isn't, there's a chance that there's some players who may be manually polishing them as well.

DeletedUser1753

Yea nice idea except I have the decorations as "fillers". I can completely get rid of them I suppose since I will probably always be polished enough (I used to take care of 120% myself and have only motivation done). But still, it's a major design flaw since no one ever wants decorations polished. They should be exempt or as 3rd layer when no cultural is available and nothing in free to motivate.

DeletedUser7289

I'll agree that decorations "should be last" on the 'aid' list (this was proposed quite a while ago), but they aren't. They have an equal chance with any other building, and therefore divert aid from more valuable buildings. So using them as 'fillers' is only hurting you overall.

DeletedUser1753

It should be close to even.
It's not. I think chances are based on the total amount of buildings. I ditched all the deco, I now have 2 cultural, 20 residential and 5 supply. The last 7 aids have been motivations, 1 cultural has been without polish quite some time now :)
Whether I agree or not, at least it makes sense now and I can manipulate it to do what I want by adapting my city layout

DeletedUser10415

Seems I recall it being stated somewhere there's a 50-50 chance of polish or motivate, which is decided first, then priority buildings, then most advanced age first.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11609

It seems like 9 out of 10, but count your last 50 aids. It should be close to even. If it isn't, there's a chance that there's some players who may be manually polishing them as well.

When did they fix it?
The aid progression has always been Shrines/buildings with effects when motivated/decorations/then everything else random m/p by age, with newest first.
Since the few decos that I have are always polished first after my shrines, i'd be interested to know when it changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

When did they fix it?
The aid progression has always been Shrines/buildings with effects when motivated/decorations/then everything else random m/p by age, with newest first.
Since the few decos that I have are always polished first after my shrines, i'd be interested to know when it changed.
I don't think that's right. The original announcement said:
How exactly the order of aid works? It's very simple system:
Three buildings: “Shrine of Knowledge”, “Tigers’ Den” and “Oasis” (most recent age) are prioritized.
If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.
Nothing special about decorations.

DeletedUser11609

DeletedUser8152

According to what they said, decos had the same priority as most other buildings. So of course they will get polished. I haven't seen any evidence that they are polished preferentially.

DeletedUser11609

According to what they said, decos had the same priority as most other buildings. So of course they will get polished. I haven't seen any evidence that they are polished preferentially.

I'm not questioning what they said Jaelis, but it certain appears that it is not working that way...at least to me.

DeletedUser8588

Based on what I've experienced, and some of what I've read, I believe the priority for aid is:

1) Shrine of Knowledge (age/era chosen is random)
1a) Shrine of Awe (I don't have one - perhaps it is the same priority as the Shrine of Knowledge?)
2) Oasis
3) Caravansary
4) It's a 50%/50% chance to either motivate or polish. If motivate is chosen, the next highest age/era building available is motivated. Likewise, if polish is chosen, the next highest age/era building is polished. If no buildings are available for the motivate/polish, it switches to the other 50% chance (polish/motivate).
* Note: I'm not sure if there's a preference between buildings of the same age, so does anybody know if there is a difference?

DeletedUser18778

My question is, when you Aid someone, how does the game determine when to give out a BP?
In most cases with me, after about 40 or 50 N/Ps, I get a blueprint. I just M/P my entire neighborhood( approximately 80 people) then did my Guild, them my friends. All in all, about 100 people I've aided. this is the third day doing this and I haven't seen one Blueprint. Anyone knows how that works in the system?

DeletedUser

Apparently there is a 1% chance of getting a blue print from motivating/polishing. You will get them, just be patient.

DeletedUser9433

Based on what I've experienced, and some of what I've read, I believe the priority for aid is:

1) Shrine of Knowledge (age/era chosen is random)
1a) Shrine of Awe (I don't have one - perhaps it is the same priority as the Shrine of Knowledge?)
2) Oasis
3) Caravansary
4) It's a 50%/50% chance to either motivate or polish. If motivate is chosen, the next highest age/era building available is motivated. Likewise, if polish is chosen, the next highest age/era building is polished. If no buildings are available for the motivate/polish, it switches to the other 50% chance (polish/motivate).
* Note: I'm not sure if there's a preference between buildings of the same age, so does anybody know if there is a difference?

Tigers Den is a priority as well so should be above the random selection on your list.

DeletedUser18778

It's weird though, there are days where you M/P and you get about 3 BPs, then other days you M/P everyone in your Neighborhood/Guild/Friends and get nothing.

DeletedUser13838

Suppose the chance of getting a bp is 1% and you m/p 100 people. You expect to get 1 bp. Assuming each event is independent of the others then:

Probability of 0 = 36.6%
Probability of 1 = 37.0%
Probability of 2 = 18.5%
Probability of 3 = 6.0%
Probability 4+ = 1.8%

While you will usually get 0 or 1, it's not *that* unlikely to get 3 or more, maybe once every other week. But the assumptions are just that so take this for what it's worth, which isn't much. :)