• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how does my city look?

• Thread starter DeletedUser35162
  • Start date

DeletedUser35162

ive been studying friends city layouts to see how i could improve the look to make it a bit more pleasing to the eye..ive omitted a few things and replaced them, added an expanding lot too. juding from the screenshot, it looks alright eh?

currentfoe.png

DeletedUser26965

Well if there's one thing you'll find around here's it's plenty of opinions:). City is very new and has a lot of decorations which can be a problem depending on what you want out of the game. You just started so there's lots to learn. I say just take your time, hang out in Bronze Age till you learn a bit and just enjoy, it'll all come to ya in time.

DeletedUser35162

ok, cheers bro. and i will check back on forum from time to time, with my other issue.. have a nice day

DeletedUser34893

To be honest since you asked, too many roads and deco's. Every square counts, maximize the real estate and learn to rearrange. That is a never ending task as new buildings come out in different shapes. One road from town hall is ideal, put that town hall in a corner. Expansions are rare and get expensive. Also, all those 1x1's are eating up your aid (you have too much happiness for the amount of population).

DeletedUser35162

thx for the input...ill take your hints in consideration. i arranged the trees in a row because it serves as a buffer against the harsh winter winds that sometimes blow down from the valley. the bushes and hedges offer a place for the kids to play hide and seek. i hear the citiznes love the tavern...everyday after work they go there to have a pint of grog and mull over the day's gossip.

DeletedUser11025

at this point of the game you have a lot of empty space filled in with roads and decorations which make the city look nice and neat. but as you progress in the game you will find space to be a valuable commodity. when you need more production/goods buildings and houses. since you have a lot of space use less roads and fill it with production buildings to accumulate a lot of supplies and coins. you're gonna need them for research etc. keep up the good work.

DeletedUser35162

good hints WUWT. my friend warned me as i progress through the ages, things will get harder to obtain. as of now, i dont have enough resources to get into guild, only need 3 more items.. and im unwilling to spend too many diamonds because i forbid myself from doing online transactions to buy more. for now, iam at a stallmate...just collecting coins at the tavern, scouring the countryside for incidents.

DeletedUser29623

I always like seeing other people's cities, so I should do my bit. Here is my first city:

Market Blandings.jpg

The two blank spots are for a shrunken Wishing Well and the Ornate Baths, which there aren't artwork for at FOE City Planner yet.