• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How does this happen? Question about production times

I typically log in several times during the day. Today. my Daily Challenge on one world required a bunch of 5 minute productions. I didn't have time to babysit that right then, so I set everything for a 4 hour cycle, intending to do the 5's later.

4 hours later, I log in and the timer for my production buildings shows over 3 hours remaining. What the heck happened?

Pericles the Lion

I typically log in several times during the day. Today. my Daily Challenge on one world required a bunch of 5 minute productions. I didn't have time to babysit that right then, so I set everything for a 4 hour cycle, intending to do the 5's later.

4 hours later, I log in and the timer for my production buildings shows over 3 hours remaining. What the heck happened?
What will the collection be? Will you be collecting the proceeds from an 8-hour cycle in 3+ hours or the proceeds from a 4-hour cycle?

Johnny B. Goode

Contact in-game support if you think the production time is screwed up. Nobody here can answer you any better than what the previous posters have done.

You should note how much you collect on each building as the most likely explanation is that you in fact did select the 8 hour production run.
I did not select the 8 hour production time, as evidenced by the fact that when I checked the buildings, they showed 3 hours and 7 minutes left on the 4 hour slot, not on the 8 hour slot. That's pretty hard to misinterpret.

Aethelcatt VIII

I've had a similar glitch happen occasionally, but it is usually just one building, not the whole lot. It's frustrating when you autocollect your city with diamonds, then the next morning find that one of the buildings is somehow now many hours off schedule.
I have seen the collection time of all buildings off by 10 or 15 minutes, more than once or twice, but not by 3 hours. When that happens, I just quit the game and reload; the timer would be back to normal after that.

I've had a similar glitch happen occasionally, but it is usually just one building, not the whole lot. It's frustrating when you autocollect your city with diamonds, then the next morning find that one of the buildings is somehow now many hours off schedule.
I've seen this too. After carefully synchronizing all my FP producers, suddenly one is off by several hours. This has happened on a couple of worlds.

Johnny B. Goode

As one who plays multiple worlds, I can say without a doubt that it's not that hard to screw something like this up. If I were you I would contact in-game support about it. Although at this point they may not be able to see what really happened. Absent any further "glitches", I would bet that you somehow got your worlds confused as you logged in "several times".

Aethelcatt VIII

I've seen this too. After carefully synchronizing all my FP producers, suddenly one is off by several hours. This has happened on a couple of worlds.
Me too, but only once. It was a Cherry (or Spring) Set, all built together and run on the same schedule; then one day the Emperor's Entrance was off by exactly 12 hours for no reason at all. Definitely a technical glitch.