• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How far can I progress forward on in the continent map?

shibbster

I was having a discussion with one of my guild mates about progressing forward on the continent map to get extra expansions. She claimed the expansions up to Contemporary era, but lost her recurring quest as part of doing that. I read through the "Continent map progress and Recurring Quests" post, but I'm still a bit confused on how far I can go without losing my recurring quest. I'm currently in Iron Age, and my story quest is "Assault and assassination bonus quest." Jaims is the next sector I am able to take, and I still have Stellsturz, Teufeisfurt, and Breturia to conquer as well.

If I'm interpreting the continent map thread correctly, I should be able to keep taking sectors as long as I don't take Las Penas and Garrincton, and don't complete any of the story quests. Can someone smarter than I confirm or refute this? I don't want to lose my recurring quest, but I need 5 more expansions (victory expansions are taking weeks to get now) to get my city the way I want it. Also, is there a way to get a second recurring quest with my current situation? I suspect no, but thought I would ask. Thanks for any insight!

Just An Observer

I do not know the answer to the continent map question, however you can deal with the Medals expansion easily once you have an Arc 80 and an active guild with enough high level players to pile up the Medals as they level up those GB's.

UBERhelp1

If I'm interpreting the continent map thread correctly, I should be able to keep taking sectors as long as I don't take Las Penas and Garrincton, and don't complete any of the story quests. Can someone smarter than I confirm or refute this?
Yes, and no. In IA, you won't be able to trigger the InA bonus questline from taking Las Penas and Garrincton. However, when you move up in ages and advance the story, you very well could. So for the sake of progressing on the cMap, I'd one of them. You can take one, just not both completely.