• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How long must we keep doing the Viking Settlements?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38613
  • Start date

DeletedUser38613

At first I thought it was interesting, but then it just got tedious doing the viking settlements. I have never yet been able to do it fast enough to get the bonus items and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible. Those darn rocks frustrate me the most. And its very weird that there's an actual cap to the number of expansions you can get which are less than the number of expansions actually available on the settlement. Or am I doing something wrong.

Either way, how long much we keep repeating the same settlement before they allow us to do the next one. I'm really excited to do the Egyptian one. Or is there another reason why the other settlements aren't available for play?

Algona

. I have never yet been able to do it fast enough to get the bonus items and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible.

Well, I'm starting my 15th iteration, and made the previous 14 all with 9 fragments.

Have you tried asking for advice or reading some of the threads on Settlements?

is there another reason why the other settlements aren't available for play?

They heven't been deployed yet. You are stuck with Vikings for now.

My understanding is that as more types are added you will be able to flip between them running any one Settlement at a time without having to do any others.

DeletedUser33179

The other settlements aren't available for play simply because Inno hadn't finished making (& then testing on beta) any of them yet.

DeletedUser29726

To convey that this feature isn't supposed to permanently be one settlement. That's just what's made so far. And hopefully they're learning from the first one and the next one won't be as bad.

Emberguard

Yeah pretty much. It’s a new-ish feature so that’s the only one so far. Some users have completed 17, others 7. There no need to rush bringing out more when they take so long to complete, but they are working on the next one which might be Egypt or something else

Goth Almighty

I have never yet been able to do it fast enough to get the bonus items and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible.

The benefits of completing additional settlements are the rewards obtained by the Yggdrasil bldg. My level 5 Yggdrasil pays 6% military bonus and gives 4 fps in a 3x3 tile.

UBERhelp1

At first I thought it was interesting, but then it just got tedious doing the viking settlements. I have never yet been able to do it fast enough to get the bonus items and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible. Those darn rocks frustrate me the most. And its very weird that there's an actual cap to the number of expansions you can get which are less than the number of expansions actually available on the settlement. Or am I doing something wrong.

Either way, how long much we keep repeating the same settlement before they allow us to do the next one. I'm really excited to do the Egyptian one. Or is there another reason why the other settlements aren't available for play?
First, see my guide (link in signature). Second, you only ever need 7-8 expansions. Impediments are supposed to be annoying.

As others have said, you don't have to continue playing the settlements, but you will be left behind if you don't. Also... the Egyptians aren't coming yet. Japanese are (check the "coming soon" pages). The settlements are purposefully being released slowly. No player would be happy if they came out too fast, as you would never be able to finish them all in time to complete the next one before another one came out.

DeletedUser38275

Well, I'm starting my 15th iteration, and made the previous 14 all with 9 fragments.
Have you tried asking for advice or reading some of the threads on Settlements?
snip.
I am also midway into my 15th playthrough. Fastest I’ve ever gone so far, reaching the 7th tech (wool) at the end of day 4, but have been lucky with 41% x4 so far (21 times on 51 4-hr productions - had about 15% actual on 13 and 14th).
4.5 days to go, but predicting to finish it by day7.

An ‘easy’ spreadsheet showing copper/goods/pop/diplo over time is a great help.
On my own designed sheet, I can roll the whole playthrough from hour-1 to last quest, only x4 and my unavailability at times changes the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38275

Update: 16th playthrough has deadline of 8d and 25% x4, vs 15th which was 8.5d and 24%...
So it seems that the progression continues beyond 15th and doesn’t stall at 15th level, but at a lower pace ( -0.5d and +1% /play?)

DeletedUser37581

Update: 16th playthrough has deadline of 8d and 25% x4, vs 15th which was 8.5d and 24%...
So it seems that the progression continues beyond 15th and doesn’t stall at 15th level, but at a lower pace ( -0.5d and +1% /play?)
As the fan wiki says, and I can verify from personal experience, the 16th and all future runthroughs are the same - 8 days and 25%.

DeletedUser38275

As the fan wiki says, and I can verify from personal experience, the 16th and all future runthroughs are the same - 8 days and 25%.
Indeed.

Today with the change 1.154 things are changing again (re: GR), and I’m in last day of my 16th playthrough, will complete with a day margin, and receive the GR pieces, plus 45 additional (per changelog ?), but unfortunately I won’t get the additional one full GR5 if I had done my runs after this change. But this becomes quite tedious to accomplish in 8d, so I may stay with ‘only’ 2xGR5...
After the update a player will get 3xGR5 by the end of 15 runs, ipo 1xGR5 and 1xGR4 beforehand.

DeletedUser31499

You don’t have to do the Viking Settlement if you don’t want to. I just finished my 15th Settlement and that 30% fighting bonus on the Yggdrasil makes it all worth it. I’ve started #16 but at a much more easy pace. Going for my 3 completed runestone.

DeletedUser40061

its costing me more resources just to fulfil the need to build buildings...currently need huts, but the demand from resources (brewery) is almost impossible...been going on a 1½ weeks now. oswyn's main city is more prosperous and flexible in terms of getting things done in a neutral flow. i already deleted viking city once before but has given it another chance.

RazorbackPirate

its costing me more resources just to fulfil the need to build buildings...currently need huts, but the demand from resources (brewery) is almost impossible...been going on a 1½ weeks now. oswyn's main city is more prosperous and flexible in terms of getting things done in a neutral flow. i already deleted viking city once before but has given it another chance.
Thanks for proving my thesis that you should focus on building your city for now. If it becomes clear you're going to miss the gold timer, just abandon and come back in a few weeks when your city is stronger. That also means stop progressing on the C-map. Just sit and collect resources, plowing all your FPs into swaps on your fight GBs.

DeletedUser40061

Thanks for proving my thesis that you should focus on building your city for now. If it becomes clear you're going to miss the gold timer, just abandon and come back in a few weeks when your city is stronger. That also means stop progressing on the C-map. Just sit and collect resources, plowing all your FPs into swaps on your fight GBs.

iam going to abandon c map because the armies have got stronger abilities tearing me to shreds...cant afford to patch up injured or dead soldiers. going to do what i do best, collect resources and pour it all in my city and fps to GE fights

RazorbackPirate

Do RQs. Then you can fight until your troops run out, then use your excess good to negotiate further. The rewards are better the higher you get, excess goods will help you get further for better rewards after your troops run out, when they're recuperating, or when your recruiting replacement troops. RQs will also occasionally pop out a 5-FP pack. Can't beat that.

DO NOT SCOUT any more. Once you clear any sectors currently open and complete your current open province, DO NOT SCOUT anymore. Once you control everything and there are no more scouted provinces, the Daily Challenge will not longer give you any tasks on the C-map. Take advantage of this ability to control DC.