• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How long until Cape Canaveral pays for itself?

DeletedUser26579

Has anyone done an analysis for how long until Cape Canaveral pays for itself?

At various levels, with or without including a rental cost of the land it is on.

DeletedUser25795

OK correction if you swap and get rewards from the swap. I was generalizing sorry. And yep ARC helps with swap rewards.

DeletedUser13838

I'll use a level 25 cape as an example. It takes 1275 fps to level and 1st place gives 295 fps. If you have friends with 80% arcs then if you pay 213 fps into your own cape 1 friend should be willing to donate 531 to your cape to lock 1st and the other should be willing to donate 266 to lock 2nd. With 265 fps remaining you may be better off using swap threads to finish but suppose instead you add 85 of your own fps, another friend should be willing to donate 90 fps to lock 3rd. With 90 fps remaining, if you add 36 fps another friend should be willing to donate 27 to lock 4th. With 27 fps remaining if you add 9 another friend should be willing to donate 9 to lock 5th. That leaves 9 for you to finish up.

Doing it this way you donated a total of 352 fps to gain an extra daily fp. If you also have an 80% arc additional daily fps are really worth around 2.5 so your payback is roughly 140 days. Of course this all depends on your arc and the arcs of your friends and guildies.

DeletedUser26579

So, the lesson is that the payback is terrible if you don't have an Arc.

I will also point out that you didn't include a rental cost of the land, so payback is much longer than in your analysis.

The impression I'm getting is that I don't want to overdo the GBs until I get an Arc.

DeletedUser13838

I will also point out that you didn't include a rental cost of the land, so payback is much longer than in your analysis.

The impression I'm getting is that I don't want to overdo the GBs until I get an Arc.
Cape is 4x5 - what else gives you the same or better production in that space? By level 5 it beats the fp production of soks and pays for itself in about 6 months. This assumes the choice is only between soks and the cape which is obviously not the case for anyone.

In general GBs are not worth building unless you level them (there are some exceptions but this isn't one of them).

It's alot easier to level GBs if there are people in your social bars with arcs. If they're guildmates they're more likely to donate without wating for a profit (most people stop leveling their arc at 90% but I assume 80% to allow for profit - 90% would bring payback to about 120 days). The daily fps you earn are worth more the higher level your arc is.

DeletedUser26579

Cape is 4x5 - what else gives you the same or better production in that space? By level 5 it beats the fp production of soks and pays for itself in about 6 months. This assumes the choice is only between soks and the cape which is obviously not the case for anyone.

In general GBs are not worth building unless you level them (there are some exceptions but this isn't one of them).

It's alot easier to level GBs if there are people in your social bars with arcs. If they're guildmates they're more likely to donate without wating for a profit (most people stop leveling their arc at 90% but I assume 80% to allow for profit - 90% would bring payback to about 120 days). The daily fps you earn are worth more the higher level your arc is.

You're making some very liberal assumptions that everyone has arcs at 80%. Even then, your analysis said it takes a year to pay for that one level.

How is it going to pay for 5 levels in 6 months?

DeletedUser13838

You only need to be friends/neighbors/guildmates with 5 players with high level arcs. I don't think 5 out of a possible 300 is a lot. If you also have a high level arc it pays for itself a lot quicker. I never disputed that leveling up your arc first is a better strategy.

The 1st 5 levels cost 970 fps and gives you 5 fps/day/ 970/5 = 194 which is about 6 months a a week and a half.

DeletedUser

No GB is worth it if all you're going to count is the FPs you may have to put into it. Most GBs are worth it if you are in a good guild and/or have a good bunch of friends that will donate to each other's GBs. Some of them are even worth it if you have to level them yourself. You have to ask yourself 2 questions. What else would I do with that land? What else would I do with those FPs?

DeletedUser26579

No GB is worth it if all you're going to count is the FPs you may have to put into it. Most GBs are worth it if you are in a good guild and/or have a good bunch of friends that will donate to each other's GBs. Some of them are even worth it if you have to level them yourself. You have to ask yourself 2 questions. What else would I do with that land? What else would I do with those FPs?

I would put up some more wishing wells that I don't have room for. I am trying to decide between that or a Cape.

Honestly, I could just advance to Future Era and get an Arc that way.

DeletedUser26579

You only need to be friends/neighbors/guildmates with 5 players with high level arcs. I don't think 5 out of a possible 300 is a lot. If you also have a high level arc it pays for itself a lot quicker. I never disputed that leveling up your arc first is a better strategy.

The 1st 5 levels cost 970 fps and gives you 5 fps/day/ 970/5 = 194 which is about 6 months a a week and a half.

I've maxed out on invites, and I can't really control the rest, unless you have a better guild for me to join. So, 5 is a lot.

And even if some of them have a high level arc, then what? Swaps don't automatically arrange themselves. And some of those players are going to be greedy and/or uncooperative.

DeletedUser26154

No GB is worth it if all you're going to count is the FPs you may have to put into it.

I use that factor to decide if a Great Building is worth having.
The Cape gives you Forge Points and that's it.
What that means is: Don't make it unless you literally have nothing better to do.
The Great Building gives me Unattached troops every day?

WW.png

I invest Forge Points until it explodes.

DeletedUser

I would put up some more wishing wells that I don't have room for. I am trying to decide between that or a Cape.

Honestly, I could just advance to Future Era and get an Arc that way.
You could technically only put up 2 Wishing Wells in the same space, and they mostly pay out coins and supplies. FPs are much more valuable.

DeletedUser13838

Go with the Wishing Well.
If you build 2 wishing wells instead of the cape, it'll take them about 150 days to generate the 60 fps needed to build the cape to level 1. In the next 100 days, the cape will generate 100 fps while the wishing wells will have generated another 40 fps. The cape has now paid the excess 60 fps back to the wishing wells and now generates fps faster.

DeletedUser26154

I've maxed out

Well @ekarat there's the deal.
You see what I say, you see what others say.
Now you process this and decide what suits you the best.
It's all about your play style.

PPG_(June_7,_2002).png

Here is where my advise is coming from, my Real Ocean Future City.

78ba9d6a4cf4229d2ef179acd2d663bc.png

Not my Make-Believe Ocean Future City.