• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how many foe members here choose auto battle over manual attack?

DeletedUser40061

it is clear iam not taking foe too seriously...if you look at my city in O world, it is a bit better than when i first started. less emphasis on decorations, more on production. this is the reason why iam starting over in J world. to compare the layout..people here said stay away from c map, i havent done that until recently -as recent as yesterday. i applaud the ones who play the game better than i...and thus they are very resourceful and prosperous. seems to me, foe builds character in ones self. builds confidence, willpower and many other attributes..perhaps one day soon.. i, too shall hone those traits in the game. i have noted all the tips and tricks that people here and in game gave to me i wanna thank everyone here and in game for helping me.

DreadfulCadillac

Not sure what you're doing wrong that it will take up to a month before you can gather enough goods to build Zues, but you're doing something wrong. Not sure what you're spending your resources on, but if it's going to take you that long, it's clearly the wrong thing. You need to build a strong foundation, which it seems you have not. It also seems you're not taking full advantage of all the tools at your disposal.

This is also proof positive you're in no position to do settlements. Part of your problem is you keep posting every topic in a separate thread then following whatever advice is given in isolation on that thread. You're trying to do way too much, way too soon, and struggling with everything. Stop dealing with everything in isolation, that's not how successful cities are built. Cities are holistic systems and need to be built holistically.
agreed.

Graviton

seems to me, foe builds character in ones self. builds confidence, willpower and many other attributes..perhaps one day soon.. i, too shall hone those traits in the game.

The biggest one is patience. To borrow an analogy, the hare might get farther faster in this game but he'll have to spend diamonds to do it. The tortoise will end up in the same place, it will just take longer, but he'll do it for free. The hare views the game as a frantic race; the tortoise is enjoying the view along the way. Neither is right nor wrong, it's up to the individual to get out of the game whatever he wants. But it does come down to a choice between patience and instant gratification.

You already have a leg up on most players, as you're on the forums asking questions and accepting advice. ;)

DeletedUser40626

If I'm in a hurry.....I'll use auto...(always in GvG)…...but I always can get better scores.....and take less damage fighting manually.....Using the built in bonuses...(troop vs troop.....ground bonuses)…...and my goal is always to do better than the last time.....beat the happiness modifier.....etc...….so manual fight is really the only way to use the strategies that are built into the battle part of the game...….;)

DeletedUser40061

rogues....somehow i think they are not very effective. it would take a long time for one rogue to produce to prep for battle. when i do battles, i never use them. i think they are the weak link in the chain..some would beg to differ, no worries

saknika

rogues....somehow i think they are not very effective. it would take a long time for one rogue to produce to prep for battle. when i do battles, i never use them. i think they are the weak link in the chain..some would beg to differ, no worries
I felt similarly when I first used them, until I actually learned how to make them effective. One or two seed units with the rest rogues usually does a great job because rogues can absorb the first hit from the enemy. I've heard in later eras this can change, but we're talking AF/OF later eras.

DeletedUser40473

i press attack and then hit auto battle so if i need to i can surrender

DeletedUser40061

oswyn never surrenders...ill fight even if i lose half of my army units...3 soldiers against 3 catapults and 2 heavy calvery? yep:eek: i hate it when first there is victory fought in GE using auto mode..then second half there are remaining units that hadnt been defeated, so you do it again and ? you are defeated..army units wiped off and there goes my chest of goodies:confused: but no use crying over spilled milk. thats the way the game is set up..just have to pool together better and stronger units to fight another day

DeletedUser40061

no you got it wrong..i always bring a total of 8 . but for me, the selection of army units are proving no match to the opposing armies especially in GE...and especially in the 2nd lvl. i dream of using only catapults to win battles. or a mix of heavy calvery and cata's..iam still far away from realizing my dream of using cats. oswyn wants to win. not be defeated and claim my prize.

RazorbackPirate

Definitively manually, especially for the beginners, as my self, but I am also of the opinion that if you cant drive with manual transmission you are not a fully accomplished driver :p
I also think GBG is exposing the weaknesses of Auto-Battle players. With Attrition, Auto-Battle craps out pretty quickly no matter what level your fight GBs. The way to go further is to fight manually, smarter than the AI fights on Auto-Battle. This is where I no see many players failing. They were able to raise their GBs to Autobattle through GE and GvG, but in GBG with attrition, they ain't all that.

DeletedUser40061

Ive come a long way in building my empire in o world. Never would i have thought id get to CA. So far have quite the sizable military gathering. And growing ever so strongly

DeletedUser41284

Since I don't really understand the stats on units and what they actually use for I always Auto Battle. After reading this forum Thread I may decide to start manually fighting. I might lose less military.

AAA12AAA

Since I don't really understand the stats on units and what they actually use for I always Auto Battle. After reading this forum Thread I may decide to start manually fighting. I might lose less military.
After a few AB I was so pissed that I wanted to hang my troops for treason)
Get into MB, its actually another dimension of the game, which is a nice change from day to day farming.
Nothing difficult about it, pretty simple mechanics.

DeletedUser40061

iam very impatient in the game..i still do AB to this day. the quicker, the better. except yesterday i did MB for some unknown reason.

The Lady Redneck

When I move up an age I always start with manual in GE so I can take my time and work out what troop combos work best together. GE is a great place to practice. Once I am happy with the combos I will then use AB. Swapping out any injured units between battles. With a line up of 7 rogues and 1 unit I never move them off their starting point for the first couple of turns. I let the enemy bring the battle to me. Rogues have a very strong attack If you can get the first hit in with them. Another good reason for patience in the game is that GBs are age Specific so (Especially in the early ages) you stand a far better chance of getting the BPs for them when you are in the age for that GB. Aiding your hood will help get BPs for your age. So set up your FL so most of it consists of players in higher ages so you can aid them and start to get BPs for higher age GBs when you aid them.