• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how much Attack - how much def bonus?

Curley Jue

How much should I improve my attack bonus , how much my def (of attacking army).
I am fighting with rogues +1 or 2.
my attack is 190 / my Def is 170.
Traz is level 20 + maxVilla of Gov.
Gut feeling is 60/40 in my case 250 attack vs 170 def. Is there a rule of thumb?
Thanks...

ahsay

That is an unanswerable question. How long does an elephants trunk have to be? How many spots does a leopard need? It's all relative to the situation you're in.

When you're starting out you don't need much %att. As you go along you'll need more. What that becomes is mostly determined by how fast you're advancing, what kind of fighting you like to do, how you're ranked in your hood, the level of your military GBs, etc. Acquiring Attack boost never ends and you can never have enough.

Curley Jue

misunderstanding.
Let’s assume I’ve got thousand resources to spend. How much should I spent to attack and how much to def ?
Assumption 1: my stats are as stated above.
Assumption 2: I do not have any concrete problems with the guild expedition (always level 4)

I noticed that most advanced players Do have ~ 30% More attack than Def (+AO)
Is that optimal?

ahsay

Your stats above mean nothing...that's what you're missing. You want some type of rule of thumb, it simply doesn't exist.

Even "if" someone was to take the time to analyze your specific situation...farmer, fighter, GvG, age, advancement rate, goods needs, goals, etc.; the machinations and possibilities are endless, you'd get all kinds of opinions and may never receive a consensus.

How many grains of sand make a beach?

Curley Jue

i started in June. i do not have gut feeling. hence i need your help. 55/45 would obviously be better than 45/55 (first strike kill of rogues helps..., rogues do not need def). if an 10m points player that is content with his setting, could tell me his ratio I would be truly thankful

Nicholas002

I noticed that most advanced players Do have ~ 30% More attack than Def (+AO)
Is that optimal?
they have more attack than defense because attacking defense is a fairly new stat that you could only get through GBs before this year.
attack has been around longer, so that's why people have more of it.
But you are right that, with 7 rogues, attack becomes more important than defense for attack.

Mustapha00

This is going to sound like a snide answer, but it happens to be the truth:

"Enough" ATT boost is however much you need to consistently beat your foes without suffering excess losses to your own troops.

I am not anywhere near the "end game", but I am already seeing that 500%, 600%- in one case, over 1000%- bonuses to ATT are not unheard of. In almost every instance, attackers use one "real" Unit and seven Rogues as their attacking Army, parking the "real" unit far out of harms way in (usually) the top left corner and sending the Rogues on the attack. City Defense AI being what it is, your defending units will ignore the "real" unit and concentrate on the Rogues...and they will lose.

I'll just say that I am not a fan of this 'tactic' and leave it at that.

Plain Red Justice

i started in June. i do not have gut feeling. hence i need your help. 55/45 would obviously be better than 45/55 (first strike kill of rogues helps..., rogues do not need def). if an 10m points player that is content with his setting, could tell me his ratio I would be truly thankful
I can do about 2k battles with a level 4 alcatraz and a 195/150 in HMA. Make of it what you will

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020_0917_085130.png
    Screenshot_2020_0917_085130.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 25

ReserveBum

Just venting here....HMA and I just suck with the whole battle thing. I have a note next to my laptop....NEVER, EVER BATTLE! but then I get a quest where I want the reward and its only 8 or 16 units I need to defeat. Been getting army built over last couple weeks so....sure I can win a couple ez battles. Then, BOOM - armies all gone again. For me its a frustrating part of game (along with plundering).

wolfhoundtoo

You know you don't need to win the battles to complete the defeat 8 or 16 unit quests. It's easier that way but you don't have to win. If you are fighting on the map you can kill a couple of units and then retreat before losing any troops. You can do the same in GE or GBG. This of course assumes that you do the fight on manual versus auto. Until you have gotten your attack and defense values up you should be practicing manual battles to better preserve your troops.

ReserveBum

You know you don't need to win the battles to complete the defeat 8 or 16 unit quests. It's easier that way but you don't have to win. If you are fighting on the map you can kill a couple of units and then retreat before losing any troops. You can do the same in GE or GBG. This of course assumes that you do the fight on manual versus auto. Until you have gotten your attack and defense values up you should be practicing manual battles to better preserve your troops.
thanks for the assist, I appreciate it.

Plain Red Justice

amazing...any advice? I have a traz 20 and achieve 500 fights per GbG season. manual is not an option as sector is gone when I fight 2 times
Nothing special and yeah I only autobattle as well. Just join a good guild that's capable of playing Checkers and don't hesitate to kill off your troops. For 3 SCs negotiate only since you would have lower possibilities of accumulating attrition

Curley Jue

i kill 25 of my rogue troops a day. usually those are gone, when 2 rogues per fight die. 200 rogues are in reserve. In 70% of the cases all slots are equipped with siege camps. my understanding is that higher ages do not make it more easy or difficult in GbG, true?
Maybe i could be a bit better when choosing my units. I also never fight another sector to get other opponents that might be easier, is that recommended?

P C C

i kill 25 of my rogue troops a day. usually those are gone, when 2 rogues per fight die. 200 rogues are in reserve. In 70% of the cases all slots are equipped with siege camps. my understanding is that higher ages do not make it more easy or difficult in GbG, true?
Maybe i could be a bit better when choosing my units. I also never fight another sector to get other opponents that might be easier, is that recommended?
Higher age units can help you get farther but it depends on the units. If you have enough camps so your attrition stays low and the limit is the time to finish as many battles as possible before they're all gone, I probably wouldn't bother with advanced units though I can't speak to advanced eras. If you have an AO, you lose its help when using higher age units. And if you don't have time to manual battle with your advanced units you risk losing them or spending diamonds to heal them. Still, I fight with same age units as far as I can, then switch to manual using one 2-era ahead unit with rogues and go about an extra 50% compared to same era only. (I'm in Progressive, use machine guns teams from Postmodern for the extra fights.)

I'd say it's worth switching targets for easier fights, at least sometimes. It depends on how different the difficulty is, whether the chance of attrition is different, ... If you have time and some of your units' effectiveness depend on terrain, surrendering immediately to get new terrain may be worthwhile.

Curley Jue

rogues and go about an extra 50%
amazing. very helpful. i read the higher age units guide. unfortunately i want to camp in EMA and get extensions via negotiating the map...does 50% mean that you fight 30 times in auto and than 25 manual with 1 two ages ahead unit? Would work in my case only with one siege camp: with 2 there is no time