• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to bring back the ascetic of the ages

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I honestly don't understand why people are so fired up about this suggestion. How does it diminish your current city? Am I missing something? I could have sworn the OP said "don't change existing special buildings". Can someone explain how the OP's suggestion forces you to "go backawards"?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

And you're trying to be patronizing, but you're not very good at it.

You're wrong. I'm a lot defensive about this.

You and the other folk who want this (and so many other changes) are trying to change the game to suit your parochial desires with no consideration for the good of the game.

INNO has demonstrated they know what they are doing with this years long shift from a game of mundane buildings to a game dominated ny GBs and SBs.

I've got no problem if you want to play FoE circa 2014, as noted you can do that today. Just quit trying to force the game itself to go back with you.
First off, you don't know me or what my intentions are. Don't put words in my mouth. Second, I just gave the OP some positive feedback. His assertion that regular buildings are useless compared to special buildings is accurate. Third, your statement about "parochial desires" is so heavy handed and condescending. You have no idea whether or not people making suggestions are considering the good of the game. Instead of just having the "I hate it" mentality, why not try not being a smug, antagonistic, jerk. Remember, you commented to me directly, not the other way around. All simply because I made a one sentence supportive comment to the OP. It wasn't necessary.

Agent327

I honestly don't understand why people are so fired up about this suggestion. How does it diminish your current city? Am I missing something? I could have sworn the OP said "don't change existing special buildings". Can someone explain how the OP's suggestion forces you to "go backawards"?

With his suuggestion implemented, future event buildings would be less desirable than the present ones. That would force you to go "backwards". They would be way less worth than the present existing special buildings and in order for them to work I need to at least place one other regular building as well. So basically they will be crap.

Emberguard

one of two things would happen

(1) the new event buildings would be so underpowered they’d be worthless. So no one would build them anyway
(2) the new event buildings would over compensate too much from being added to regular buildings and it’d totally break game balance

Algona

First off, you don't know me or what my intentions are

Oh yes I do. I've been reading your ilk for 5 years.

Third, your statement about "parochial desires" is so heavy handed and condescending

Yup. Sure was. Shoe fits both ways. I am condescending, your posts are worthy of condescension.

You have no idea whether or not people making suggestions are considering the good of the game.

Of course I can.

Ipso facto Events make INNO a bundle of money because folk go crazy buying multiple copes off good Main Prizes. The craptastic main prizes this Proposal wants would cost INNO a bundle. INNO not having as much money means less development efforts. This hurts the game.

Since this is obvious with even a few minutes reflection any person wanting this has obviously not thought the implications from any place but their own self centered viewpoint. Hence use of the word parochial.

why not try not being a smug, antagonistic, jerk.

I thought i was doing a good job of that. I guess I could try harder.

I don;t want to change the game to suit my playstyle, I never have. INNO makes changes, I go with those changes because INNO's track record, while not perfect, has been hella better then the players..

My problem is short sighted self centered folk like you try to change the game to suit your wants. The lot of you inevitably get pissy about it when called on being both self centered and bad for the game.

Yeah, I know you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

I essentially disagree with the premise your desire to preserve ascetics and produce future buildings that facilitate that purpose, should be pursued for any reason.

How you intend to do it is beyond that point of disagreement. I don’t care what you think about astetics, nor what you want to do to make other people play one way or the other in the future ... You have a choice, and our choice is not yours.

Hands Off My Cookies

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I essentially disagree with the premise your desire to preserve ascetics and produce future buildings that facilitate that purpose, should be pursued for any reason.

How you intend to do it is beyond that point of disagreement. I don’t care what you think about astetics, nor what you want to do to make other people play one way or the other in the future ... You have a choice, and our choice is not yours.

Hands Off My Cookies

It's not MY PREMISE. You know I'm not the OP of this thread right? All I did was give him 1 sentence of generic support. The backlash is over the top. It is borderline toxic in some cases.

DeletedUser

It's not MY PREMISE. You know I'm not the OP of this thread right? All I did was give him 1 sentence of generic support. The backlash is over the top. It is borderline toxic in some cases.
Yes, you gave him one sentence of generic support. Which @Algona answered with a simple rebuttal. You then accused him of being defensive and further accused everyone that opposes the idea of not thinking about what was suggested but simply having a knee-jerk negative response. If you don't want other players getting personal, then don't get personal to them first.

Now, to both you and @Algona, get back to addressing the topic and away from personal remarks about each other. Thank you.

DeletedUser36572

I disagree with your one sentence of generic support, and all your other supporting comments that may attempt to address the topic of the thread as being worth consideration in the first place.

I feel that the pursuit of any non-essential facet of the game (such as a return to astetics through the manipulation of future Event Building offers), that can be better served by player choice, should be discarded.

Clear And Concise

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36572

That’s why Daily Challenge and Guild Expeditions are great to have ;)

Daily Challenges and Guild Expeditions would be even better to have if they decided to nerf the future Event Buildings in order to try and encourage the use of Age appropriate buildings for the sake of astetics.

Where nerfing the future Event Buildings would not compel me to desire or pursue them, it dang well may compel me to unpack a load of Shrink Kit capable Wishing Wells, Shrines of Knowledge, Fountains of Youth, and Sacred Sky Watches.

It certainly wouldn’t compel me to use a building I thought was useless in the first place, just because it increases the return on what I already didn’t want or need.

Sideways Thinking