• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to deal with players with multiple accounts

Merek the Wise

I'm having an issue in one of my worlds where it's fairly obvious that a member of our guild has multiple cities and we just had two other members join recently that also appear to be extensions of this player's account, I'm getting reports of these other accounts sniping within the guild as well. The player in question has been reported to Inno but so far nothing has been done which is understandable as the reply stated that they pretty much won't reply back with their findings or how they may or may not handle this problem. I know the easiest solution would be to just remove all of them from the guild and move on but then most likely they will become someone else's problem. We had sent out a message a few weeks ago within the guild that stated sniping will not be tolerated but evidently the sniping just happened again.

The reasons we think they are all the same player is that all of their cities have the exact same layouts, all our donating onto each others buildings, also most of the accounts use the same name format with the exception of the two new members which have different names but are also donating onto all of their buildings.

Agent327

Support will never tell you what actions they take. Because of privacy they are not allowed to, so removing them from your Guild is your only option.

Falconwing

I see people all the time with names like JoeBlow, JoeBlow2, JoeBlow3, etc... using the same picture, and taking top spots on each others GB's. Might as well just yell it out in chat that you are playing multiple accounts.

WinnerGR

I see people all the time with names like JoeBlow, JoeBlow2, JoeBlow3, etc... using the same picture, and taking top spots on each others GB's. Might as well just yell it out in chat that you are playing multiple accounts.
That is normally because of the quest option on the app

Falconwing

You're not alone.
I think he means the 'get a friend to play' stuff they offered us when we started. Every friend that you could get to play would earn you some prizes, even some Diamonds, depending on the age they get to. I haven't seen it in a super long time though. I never could talk anyone into playing and the work involved to create emails, game accounts, and level them to get the prizes seem like a lot more work than they are worth. I would buy $10 worth of diamonds long before I did any of that garbage.

Falconwing

Oh wow, it's still there. Under find friends they have an invite tab. 50 D's for Iron, 100 for EMA, 250 for LMA, 750 for PE and 1000 for CE. I thought troops and other stuff was offered, but just Diamonds.

Farfle the smelly

Oh wow, it's still there. Under find friends they have an invite tab. 50 D's for Iron, 100 for EMA, 250 for LMA, 750 for PE and 1000 for CE. I thought troops and other stuff was offered, but just Diamonds.
Yah i was gonna say ‘you mean that annoying pop up I get every single time I aid to the right on my bar’? So annoying. What’s worse is that I somehow forget each time that it’s going to happen and that I should aid to the left.

Merek the Wise

Evidently they are still sniping within the guild, I posed an update to the group message that we sent out earlier, this time I made it clear that sniping within the guild will not be tolerated and will end with quick dismissal from the guild.

I've been chatting with another leader and evidently one of them sniped on his TOR last time for 1 fp over the next person, two other buildings of his they were 2 fp's higher than the next which does appear to be snipes. I know sniping isn't against Inno's rules or TOS but every guild practically has their own when it comes down to that. I don't really understand it and seems like they are doing it in a group helping each other out but most times those extra accounts are called push accounts and I haven't been able to find out who it all leads back too. I have linked this player to at least 6-7 different ones and 3 of them are in our guild. I totally understand that Inno will never tell you anything but I have researched multiple accounts and what happens and from the information I've read which is mostly from these forums is that it's hit or miss and seems like they only go after the big fish.

Merek the Wise

Just wanted to give an update since it's been awhile now & all 3 members have been booted from the guild, one of them did respond by stating it was their whole family that was playing. I know Inno has strict rules with accounts that are from within the same household, as far as I can tell they are allowed to play in the same worlds and also same guilds but they are not supposed to donate fp's onto those other accounts GB's, also each member of the household is not to have access or gain control over any other account that is not of their own, that's something we cannot prove but they were definitely donating onto each of the other accounts buildings which is totally against Inno's rules. You don't know who or what is on the other side of that screen so how are you supposed to know if it's the same person or multiple people playing?

Farfle the smelly

Evidently they are still sniping within the guild, I posed an update to the group message that we sent out earlier, this time I made it clear that sniping within the guild will not be tolerated and will end with quick dismissal from the guild.

I've been chatting with another leader and evidently one of them sniped on his TOR last time for 1 fp over the next person, two other buildings of his they were 2 fp's higher than the next which does appear to be snipes. I know sniping isn't against Inno's rules or TOS but every guild practically has their own when it comes down to that. I don't really understand it and seems like they are doing it in a group helping each other out but most times those extra accounts are called push accounts and I haven't been able to find out who it all leads back too. I have linked this player to at least 6-7 different ones and 3 of them are in our guild. I totally understand that Inno will never tell you anything but I have researched multiple accounts and what happens and from the information I've read which is mostly from these forums is that it's hit or miss and seems like they only go after the big fish.
If they’re young enough they might not realize it’s considered sniping, especially if they see this all over their neighborhood. The definition for sniping, in my mind/play, is locking the points in place.

Since it’s just 1 or 2, they can quite easily get pushed out. In fact I think I would only be mad at them for that if they ended up leveling the building with their 1 or 2. So it may just be cultural, which should be teachable with crystal clear explanations of the behavior you’re talking about.

Alpha Persei

Just wanted to give an update since it's been awhile now & all 3 members have been booted from the guild, one of them did respond by stating it was their whole family that was playing. I know Inno has strict rules with accounts that are from within the same household, as far as I can tell they are allowed to play in the same worlds and also same guilds but they are not supposed to donate fp's onto those other accounts GB's, also each member of the household is not to have access or gain control over any other account that is not of their own, that's something we cannot prove but they were definitely donating onto each of the other accounts buildings which is totally against Inno's rules. You don't know who or what is on the other side of that screen so how are you supposed to know if it's the same person or multiple people playing?
wow, never knew this , it seems like forge has a lot of rules in place .me and sister are in the same world and guild ( cause we have nothing else to really do with our time ) . and i do give forge points to her from time to time and so does she in our GB's .so is that a bad thing ?

Farfle the smelly

wow, never knew this , it seems like forge has a lot of rules in place .me and sister are in the same world and guild ( cause we have nothing else to really do with our time ) . and i do give forge points to her from time to time and so does she in our GB's .so is that a bad thing ?
These are cultural rules. If something is against The Rules, Inno would make it impossible to do (and sometimes do after the fact, like putting your city under investigation, then closing it.)

But flipping someone’s building on them? Totally possible, but a cultural rule in the community.

Alpha Persei

These are cultural rules. If something is against The Rules, Inno would make it impossible to do (and sometimes do after the fact, like putting your city under investigation, then closing it.)

But flipping someone’s building on them? Totally possible, but a cultural rule in the community.

so i'm won't get in trouble ^ ^
if it's wrong i'll stop doing it . cause i had no clue what snipping is until now and that there are rules like this in the game .

Falconwing

so i'm won't get in trouble ^ ^
if it's wrong i'll stop doing it . cause i had no clue what snipping is until now and that there are rules like this in the game .
It's not wrong. Snipe away.
If they are in your Hood, get 'em, just watch for retaliation. If they are Friends, they might unfriend you. If they are Guildmates, it might be against their rules and they could drop you, but it ain't against any game rules.
95% of the powerful people playing had to snipe to get where they are now so don't let anyone browbeat you into stopping, just understand the possible consequences.
Flipping GB's has always been discouraged (they want that double dip), same consequences as sniping, but if that one extra point they leave open get's you a higher prize, well... Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Agent327

2. Sharing a device and/or internet connection
It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided each player only controls the actions of his/her account (please contact Support to make them aware).

• Examples:
  • It is allowed for you and your brother to each have your own account on Forge of Empires provided that you both only have access to your own account.
  • It is allowed to login at your work or school provided that only you have access to your account.