• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to deal with players with multiple accounts

Merek the Wise

1) One account per player

Each player may have only one account per world. Each account may have only one user and may
not be logged into or played by any other player.
Sharing your password with another person is forbidden.
Knowing, storing, or asking passwords for other players’ accounts is forbidden. If another player
sends you their password, you must always report them.

8) Pushing

Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account
that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that
it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to
knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.

Trades in any form (goods, Forge Points, etc.) that involve multiple worlds are forbidden

I would think that any multiple accounts on the same server or world and are donating towards the other accounts GB's would be considered push accounts being within the same household. Definitely pushing the gray area so to speak.

Merek the Wise

Actually I've heard there is an in game feature that if you use PC to login to one account and another that it catches you and puts a block on being able to donate to the other accounts GB's using the same internet connection so even though it's not specifically listed on their rule page it's still not allowed.

DevaCat

I don't think a brother and sister being in the same world same guild occasionally donating some fps to each other rises to the level of abuse, as long as each is playing their own city as a normal player would while not neglecting other parts of the game. That's a grey area to be sure.

But while a bad actor setting up multiple accounts pretending to be a family is a pretty clear violation, identifying and proving this could be difficult. Inno has to get a report about possible infractions, they have to identify the accounts involved, and then examine game activity to identify push account behavior. And what constitutes neglecting other parts of the game? If the guy does some GE and a couple of fights in GBG on an alt account, is that enough? I imagine this all could take a good deal of time and not a small resource expense for Inno to root out. Possibly worth it for very serious widely reported abuses.

But for some petty sniping in your guild? I doubt it. Your guild did the right thing: reported it, then booted the miscreants. They are now probably on a list that will get flagged should they get reported again.

Merek the Wise

If ur running over the same network which most people with multiple accounts do they cant donate to other people of the same networks great building.
Correct they shouldn't be but evidently there are ways around it. I've been playing a few years now and don't claim to know everything but I can tell when they are multiple accounts, especially when the person uses the same name but a different variant of it and those accounts are all donating onto each others buildings and same city layouts sometimes it's just so easy to spot them.

Salsuero

We had a "father and son" duo in our guild a while back. Supposedly, they started that way (while I don't have any proof of that ever being true) and then the son quit the game, so the father took over his account. No one knew it, though. He played it AS his son. He would announce that he AND his son were available when we needed certain things done. He was clearly pretending that his son was still playing. But it also became more and more obvious when they never did anything at the same time. He would log in, do the thing (such as loading FPs on a requested GB spot) and then "his son" would log in an do the same thing. They were never playing at the same time. The thing that pushed it over the top as "cheating" was that they were swapping FPs. Even though his son "apparently" had once played the game, you can't just take over another account in the same world -- same guild even worse -- and pretend they're still separate accounts. I eventually got confirmation of what was going on by asking.

85gt

There are some in B world ranking up very fast due to many alts, it should be stopped

Kranyar the Mysterious

Inno doesn't care about alt accounts. I finally stopped reporting them, since none that I've reported in the last two years have been removed, even when I had conversations with those people admitting they were push accounts (actually getting mad at me for messing up their fp swapping and plundering them so they couldn't push goods), and Inno could have looked at the messages as reported for proof, especially since they were also reported for inappropriate content.

Prior to two years ago accounts were removed, but there was a pretty clear line when that stopped.

Salsuero

Inno doesn't care about alt accounts. I finally stopped reporting them, since none that I've reported in the last two years have been removed, even when I had conversations with those people admitting they were push accounts (actually getting mad at me for messing up their fp swapping and plundering them so they couldn't push goods), and Inno could have looked at the messages as reported for proof, especially since they were also reported for inappropriate content.

Prior to two years ago accounts were removed, but there was a pretty clear line when that stopped.

Same!

85gt

Alt accounts is way out of hand in this game, its amazing how fast some of these players are leveling up GB`s, Inno don`t seem to care, I have spent good money in this game and I think those days are done because they simply don`t look and punish those doing it.

DeletedUser

Alt accounts is way out of hand in this game, its amazing how fast some of these players are leveling up GB`s, Inno don`t seem to care, I have spent good money in this game and I think those days are done because they simply don`t look and punish those doing it.

You become a member of a speed leveling thread , snipe , get your Arc up to 100 , find a guild with 1.80 threads that they bleed the junior players dry with , start with 2-3K FP and in 5-6weeks you will be raking in 10-15K FP per week.