• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to fight higher-age artillery without losses on the continent map?

MOAGLEE

I'm in HMA and when I attack provinces in colonial age with artillery, their artillery fires before mine does and causes significant losses. I've tried using rogues, but it seems on the continent map the AI doesn't target rogues first.

I'm about to start expanding into the Industrial Age provinces, and wanted to know if there was any way I could avoid this.

BruteForceAttack

I'm in HMA and when I attack provinces in colonial age with artillery, their artillery fires before mine does and causes significant losses. I've tried using rogues, but it seems on the continent map the AI doesn't target rogues first.

I'm about to start expanding into the Industrial Age provinces, and wanted to know if there was any way I could avoid this.

Hmmmm Maybe don't fight at all.. negotiate :)

Generally speaking, one or two age higher is ok, three+ age higher will almost become impossible .... of course there are some expectations like you can use FE hover tanks to fight OF/VF etc etc..

MOAGLEE

Hmmmm Maybe don't fight at all.. negotiate :)

Generally speaking, one or two age higher is ok, three+ age higher will almost become impossible .... of course there are some expectations like you can use FE hover tanks to fight OF/VF etc etc..
Ok, I'll probably advance into LMA and get a 120/120 A/D bonus in the coming weeks before I take on Industrial Age. Regardless, I suspect the same issue with the enemy attacking first will persist with LMA units.

Mickey71

A.D as well as the types of troops you use is very important as mentioned, but also strategy. If you hold back while advancing your Rogues first....the AI is more likely to attack them before attacking your "regular" troops. That could help you get by that first wave

MOAGLEE

A.D as well as the types of troops you use is very important as mentioned, but also strategy. If you hold back while advancing your Rogues first....the AI is more likely to attack them before attacking your "regular" troops. That could help you get by that first wave
The AI attacks before I make any move.